✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

True Love

Tash

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or it seems that the guitar in Jonny's solo is a little bit out of tune?

He starts out the notes playing out of key, but then bends them into the scale-- I believe it's supposed to represent sharp pangs of heartbreak that comes with the one you love lying to you when they really don't feel the same way.

Best song on the album for me and probably my favourite Coldplay song, that's how much I love this song, its so haunting, tragic, beautiful, heck words cannot describe this song....and that solo at the end!

Totally agree. Personally, I've been there and wanted the person to lie to me, even lie to myself about someone being the right one for me. However, inevitably, a pang of reality comes in. You think you're going well, all good, I'll just keep going, floating and seeing the world through rose coloured glasses (hence the very poppy sound) and then BAAAAaamaaammMM - Johnny's guitar comes in and wrecks the picture. The very deliberate off key note is the reality that hits us like a ton of bricks and makes us feel uncomfortable, so we bend it back into submission. Really, really great stuff.

Coldplayers, I need your help, and I know this will sound stupid. But I real really don't like this song, really don't like it, even after 10+ listens, I think it is my least favourite Coldplay song, beating out Up In Flames.

I know this may be impossible, but I need you all to convince me why I should at least find this song tolerable. The lyrics, the cheesy vocals, the boring strings and drumbeat (I swear it is the same as Apologise, I swear...) the strings aren't even that pretty. It is like it is trying to sound unique and weird but totally failed and ended up like a Katy Perry song. seriously.

You are right. I should just get over and I am sure eventually I will like it more. Just freaked me out hearing a Coldplay song I didn't like!! hahaha

Maybe look at the vocals differently? Put yourself in Chris' shoes and imagine the person you love lieing that they love you, when you know the truth. Close your eyes and listen to the strings. Tap your foot to the drum beat. Let's the synths carry away-- in the end, it's up to you whether or not you open your mind to appreciate the music. :)

Hope that helps

TL is probably my favorite track on the album so far. I agree with the other poster who mentioned the X&Y vibes. Up In Flames was one of my least favorite tracks on the last album, and there is no comparison between this and that track IMO. First listen, I also thought Johnny's solo sounded kinda weird. Those initial impressions have changed, and I think it sounds awesome now, no problem at all.

Maybe look at the vocals differently? Put yourself in Chris' shoes and imagine the person you love lieing that they love you, when you know the truth. Close your eyes and listen to the strings. Tap your foot to the drum beat. Let's the synths carry away-- in the end, it's up to you whether or not you open your mind to appreciate the music. :)

Hope that helps

That actually did a bit :) thank you.