✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

True Love

Tash

He starts out the notes playing out of key, but then bends them into the scale-- I believe it's supposed to represent sharp pangs of heartbreak that comes with the one you love lying to you when they really don't feel the same way.

^THIS. Exactly what I felt immediately when I first heard the song. I figured at least someone else had noticed it too :P

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't look through the whole board, but has anyone else noticed that the line "I wish you could have let me know, what's really going on below" is a lot like the line in Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. "There was a time when you let me know, what's really going on below"

I've been listening to this song a lot and it's incredibly beautiful and that Jonny Boy guitar solo at the end is amazing and the strings from the orchestra that Mr.Epworth put that picture on Instagram up are amazing

Overall one of the best songs on this album with many great songs

If you look at the two figures in the visual album at the bottom left wing when this song comes on (The man in the hat attempting to hold on to the woman who appears to be flying away.) I think the two characters are a very similar lookalike to Chris and Gwyneth. Does anyone else agree?

Not feeling the hype yet, but I only heard it once. Don't remember much.

Absolutely loved Jonny's dissonant guitar though. I don't know what it's called, starting a note off-key and then pulling it in-key? But in singing it's used frequently. Chris does it a lot, especially live.

Not feeling the hype yet, but I only heard it once. Don't remember much.

Absolutely loved Jonny's dissonant guitar though. I don't know what it's called, starting a note off-key and then pulling it in-key? But in singing it's used frequently. Chris does it a lot, especially live.

People call this "scooping" for singing but I'm not sure for guitar.

Indeed, I like the solo a lot but I wish the guitar were more present overall. The chord progression is really cool but the strings feel too "full" or present to me... making this and Ink kind of hard to listen to and remember. :(

I really love this song. I love the lyrics and the way Chris voice sounds. His voice on this track reminds me of the A Rush Of Blood To The Head tour days. His voice sounds a bit nasally and raw, but in a good way that reminds me of that time.

This is definitely the new Politik...and not because it sounds similar.. this song is DEEP, and maybe the most emotional song to date. Chris said this is their best song on the album.. and although it's not my favorite, I agree. It's funny because Chris also said that Politik is probably in his top 2-3. I understand which CP songs he believes are the best (Clocks, Politik, Yellow, Fix You), songs that are make you feel a sense of emotion while singing. The part "Call it True, call it trueeeee loooveeeeee" makes me feel lucky to be living on this planet. Anyway, True Love is AMAZING.

I didn't like it much at first listen, and then I somehow completely fell in love with it :lol: I don't think it's necessarily one of their best songs or anything, but I find it surprisingly catchy, and the music really calms me down.

Ok.. I feel like I'm the only one here... but I really don't like the dissonant guitar? I was waiting for what everyone was calling 'the best thing Coldplay have ever done' and it just fell so flat for me. Personally, I just don't feel like it works - to my ears, it just sounds off, not like a really cool musical technique. I don't know, perhaps I'm not musically literate enough to appreciate it but I was really looking forward to it and now I don't know what to feel :confused:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Oh, I know it's intentional but I just don't like it :/ I think I'm personally just disappointed because I thought the solo would be something Violet Hill-esque and it isn't

I love the solo and I think it's better than the Violet Hill solo because it has more effect. Chris's vocal performance don't quite match up with the weeping lyrics but Jonny's guitar comes in and compliments those lyrics perfectly. If there's anything weeping on this track it's Jonny's guitar!

Ive only heard this song once but straight away as soon as i heard jonnys riff i knew it was off. Why would they intentionally do that, it doesnt good at all. The first note in the riff is way off. Its the sound the guitar would make if i was playing it

I just saw the live Ghost Stories TV special and I must say there was something special about that live version that upped the song for me. True Love is a good song, not my favorite but that live performance was fantastic. I don't know if the song itself sounded any better live, but the band's emotions and performances just made the song seem more impacting.