✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did we actually see the name of the album written somewhere? Or just heard? Could it be something like Ahead, Full of Dreams?) lol. Just had this crazy idea)
You now what? Your idea sounds actually pretty cool. Here's the interview where we got the information from, so no written text really. I do fear though, the new album title won't be your pretty idea, but indead, "A Head Full Of Dreams" lol

[video=youtube;Aq-K93obyE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq-K93obyE4

I was kind of pondering this idea of "ahead full of dreams" when we got the announcement late last year too. I honestly like more than the A Head Full Of Dreams but I think that is probably here to stay... Also the title of that blog post by rik simpson kind of reinforced the title.

did coldplay ever use horns before? i remember them being used in famous old painters

Pretty sure they did, but it just didn't feature too prominently. Don't recall a specific track, but I wouldn't be surprised.

that's what i thought too but it sounds like horns to me.

Nah, it has to be an accordion. I went back and listened to it closely a few times, and it sounds pretty clear after a little bit. Admittedly, it's hard to decipher.

Nah, it has to be an accordion. I went back and listened to it closely a few times, and it sounds pretty clear after a little bit. Admittedly, it's hard to decipher.

It sounds incredible either way. I hope the album sounds like that.

from Davide Rossi instagram:

11111354_1620272208185953_1663359738_n.jpg

Never underestimate a home studio... It can do miracles. Yesterday great horn day and big ups from the other side of the pond! #strings #Coldplay #homerecording

X

this sounds exciting!

from Davide Rossi instagram:

11111354_1620272208185953_1663359738_n.jpg

Never underestimate a home studio... It can do miracles. Yesterday great horn day and big ups from the other side of the pond! #strings #Coldplay #homerecording

X

this sounds exciting!

giphy.gif

i hope so too, but seeing the musical evolution that Coldplay had over the last two albums, i'm not that optimistic, i have to say. And i think just as Chris was influenced by Radiohead etc. earlier he now listens to Katy Perry and stuff like that, as he has said in interviews. That shows in his music. So i fear we'll get more "happy" EDM like ASFOS :-(

i hope so too, but seeing the musical evolution that Coldplay had over the last two albums, i'm not that optimistic, i have to say. And i think just as Chris was influenced by Radiohead etc. earlier he now listens to Katy Perry and stuff like that, as he has said in interviews. That shows in his music. So i fear we'll get more "happy" EDM like ASFOS :-(

I'm quite optimistic about the "horns and strings" news. You know, it's true that Coldplay's last two albums are more poppy and catchy than their previous efforts but one can't deny the fact that they are incorporating new elements and styles as they create a new record. Just look at the difference between MX and GS for example. I mean it's not bad to speculate on what we'll going to hear soon, I just think we have to remain optimistic on what's going on at the moment.

I just hope davide will tease us with a sample of his string and horns because he's been using instagram a lot. Maybe this album will have a more classical feel? Example: mozart and beethoven. Plus chris said he's been listening to mozart a lot.