✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It probably would've been more clear if you'd quoted my post, or referenced it in some way

Yea i have to admit i should have quoted. And i dont wanna fight haha im not offended i just wanted to make it clear what i was saying :)

Has anyone mentioned yet that this rumored November release could be a live album/DVD? It would make sense. Most Coldplay fans didn't get a chance to see them on the mini tour, and I'm pretty sure there was more to the NBC special that we didn't see

Live CD/DVD has no interest

However if it was Live CD/Blu-Ray, then

shutup-5.jpg

Yea i have to admit i should have quoted. And i dont wanna fight haha im not offended i just wanted to make it clear what i was saying :)

That's exactly what was missing. I thought u were talking about LP7, not the DVD/bluray.

Sorry Batman, no fight here....

I think LP7 will be very similar to MX but with more EDM elements incorporated. As for what they'll do after that, I'm seriously hoping a long hiatus. If not, a 2 or 3 year break wouldn't hurt either. For LP8 they only have two options. Either completely reinvent themselves as band or finally go back to where they started.

I think they need to stop playing it safe and realize adjusting your sound so that it pleases a wider audience is ultimately musically meretricious. Especially for a band THIS capable. A band that created AROBTTH.

regarding pleasing wider audience, you get the feeling that chris is writing for his kids now more than anything. his interviews make it look like validation from his family are a very important aspect to him. there is nothing wrong with that, except that he maybe writing for a teen audience and coldplay audience is not mainly comprised of a younger generation listening to pop music. i feel the band needs to keep the focus on this in order to make mature satisfying music.

i was listening to viva and a rush of blood on a long drive this week and was a little depressed thinking of the more recent output from the band.

regarding pleasing wider audience, you get the feeling that chris is writing for his kids now more than anything. his interviews make it look like validation from his family are a very important aspect to him. there is nothing wrong with that, except that he maybe writing for a teen audience and coldplay audience is not mainly comprised of a younger generation listening to pop music. i feel the band needs to keep the focus on this in order to make mature satisfying music.

i was listening to viva and a rush of blood on a long drive this week and was a little depressed thinking of the more recent output from the band.

What i hate about MX it's not that it's poppy but i hate its immaturity, what i search in music and bands is a certain maturity that fortunately GS has so my hopes is that Coldplay (Chris) is still capable of doing more mature music but if the next two albums are going to be written with the same logic of pleasing his kids i think i'm going to stop listening to their new stuff and resign to their older stuff

I really hope they go back to robtth style. And while i love MX i have to agree with jonny and the cake that the music was not mature. I wish coldplay would go back to their routes and show us all what their really capable of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope they go back to robtth style. And while i love MX i have to agree with jonny and the cake that the music was not mature. I wish coldplay would go back to their routes and show us all what their really capable of.

God hear you!

X&Y 2.0 would be something unexpected right now, so I would like them to go for that way.

Maybe :parachutes: & :arobtth: 2.0 combination of both albums? :D

These thoughts are lovely, but I think we will never get something like this. I mean, these albums were created more than 10 years ago. I don't think that they could remember these feelings and vibes from old work. I just expect another new sounding album (sometimes new can be better than old)

Funny that Atlas keeps popping up in this discussion. I agree though. I listened to it recently after not having listened to it for months. And I was struck by how awesome it sounds. Detailed, different, atmospheric, grand, epic, beautiful. I really hope LP7 will sound like this one.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

These thoughts are lovely, but I think we will never get something like this. I mean, these albums were created more than 10 years ago. I don't think that they could remember these feelings and vibes from old work. I just expect another new sounding album (sometimes new can be better than old)

Well, there is a possibility of a "Coldplay Reborn" or something :D :P

I personally think it's too late in their career to do a self titled LP. If you ask me, you should ether self title your debut album or don't self title at all. :smug:

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk