✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

idk why but i think LP7 will always be associated with a feeling of melancholy, grief, negativity, and im not talking about the sound, i'm talking about the whole era, i think we, as people that follow them everyday, will associate LP7 with something negative. I don't know why but I'm feeling like this towards this album

I dont know about you guys but im scared about the "Lp1-Lp7 story" that ends and what happens next

IMO, they will try to reinvent themselves as a band, like JK Rowling did with her writing after HP books...

but that also means that we may also get a crappy/weird Lp8 :confused:

Well nonetheless it'll be something we haven't before and something we won't have guessed. Even Ghost Stories where as a whole I like a little less than the other albums we got: a heavily bass driven R&B inspired song (Magic), Midnight which needs no explanation, Another's Arms which has percussion/synth that I think is a mix of 80s music and contemporary trap and hiphop, an EDM song, and electronic drums on most of the songs. For better or worse, Ghost Stories is something new sonically, at least for Coldplay, which is evidence that the next one will also be something new.

idk why but i think LP7 will always be associated with a feeling of melancholy, grief, negativity, and im not talking about the sound, i'm talking about the whole era, i think we, as people that follow them everyday, will associate LP7 with something negative. I don't know why but I'm feeling like this towards this album

Keep calm and listen to Coldplay.

I dont know about you guys but im scared about the "Lp1-Lp7 story" that ends and what happens next

It scares me too, but maybe he was just joking to try to slip in the Harry Potter joke? I don't know, he sounded serious. It just seems that every other comment of his is how he loves being in a band and recording music and is blessed with his job, doesn't sound like a man who has plans to quit to me.

I posted this on twitter, and for those people who are concerned about the "end", I think Chris knew what he was doing when he put the Harry Potter reference in. You see, the Harry Potter universe definitely did not end with the final book. Even now, JK is still completing her huge universe she has created through online forums and even spin-off books, but the music industry is a hell of a lot less claustrophobic than the book industry, Coldplay could quite literally do whatever they want after LP7, while in Harry Potter, she was forced to stop writing "big" books when Harry stopped school. Maybe I'm going too deep into this, I've dwelled a lot on it (being a huge part of the Coldplay and Harry Potter fandoms :smug: ) but maybe the spin-offs and forum stories JK is still writing can be analogically translated into Coldplay E.P's or more standalone singles? So maybe that's what Chris was saying... I have no idea, this is a very loose theory at best. I don't even know if Chris likes Harry Potter that much :lol:

I'm just excited about the upcoming tour. I just hope they'll find a real solution to the scammers, so that true fans make it to the gigs. And just in case they decide it's their last album, I'm sure that the fans all over the world will organize events, marches, manifestations, protests... (ok, I've gone too far :D ) and in the end, they'll just come back with LP8 and 9 and 10... :D

I predict after LP7, there will be a hiatus and they will return with another album (LP8), and finally release their 9th and final album a few years after. Then maybe a best of Coldplay album with two new singles a couple years after that (Keane and The Killers have both done this)

I predict after LP7, there will be a hiatus and they will return with another album (LP8), and finally release their 9th and final album a few years after. Then maybe a best of Coldplay album with two new singles a couple years after that (Keane and The Killers have both done this)

Id be okay with that i think

Okay, whats going on in here. The last thing it tells me is that theyre splitting up.. it doesnt make any sense to me at all. The guys love their job.. and what else are they going to do at (then) age 40? Thats still very young.

Its just the start of a new area.. im not worried about them stopping. Im more worried about them becoming a very overly commercial formula pop act with temporary music.

Im getting depressed, its the first time in my life that I think about Coldplay splitting

Splitting? I really don't see that happening. Maybe they're planning not to release an album every 3 years anymore after LP7 but they're friends so I don't think there's a reason to think they would split.

Also, I'm taking this whole thing with a pinch of salt because he says something like "this might be our last album" before or after pretty much every record just because they're out of new ideas and stuff at that moment

I'm only gonna start to freak out if he clearly says:

"Okay, that's it. This is the final and last record of Coldplay. It was an amazing time but everything has to end one day so yeah, this is it. Thank you for giving us the best job in the world. Love, Chris"

Until then I shall continue fangirling and waiting for new stuff :wacko: