🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I just want them to take their time and a produce something different from the last one or any of their previous efforts. What I love about Coldplay is they always surprise me. I love all the Coldplay albums, I always listen to them from time to time. I love that their style has changed over different albums and time. They worried too much about criticism early on, that’s why they tried to make the perfect sounding album. They’re not that bothered now and I think you’ll see that in the next album.

I love songs like Hurts like heaven and Charlie brown because it reminds me of that live tour and how amazing it was. Bands nowadays have to try and compromise between staying loyal to their sound and sticking with the times.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want them to go all-in electronic. Let me be clear though---- i DO NOT mean EDM like ASFOS or DLIBYH. That's not Coldplay. Those songs make me cringe.

More specifically I want electronic instrumentation. I like what they did production-wise on Ghost Stories, and I really hope Midnight wasn't just a one-off venture into more ethereal and atmospheric electronic music. I think they could really make a strong and coherent album using Midnight as a blueprint for transitional interludes, song intros/outros, etc...

I don't want to make a Radiohead reference cos their so often referenced, but look at The King of Limbs or Kid A as examples for what I'm looking for.

Yes, those 'classic' Coldplay anthems will be there, but I hope they don't sell out and hire the services of a Avicii or a Rihanna again. [WHICH PROBABLY WILL HAPPEN!!!:veryangry2:]

I want them to go all-in electronic. Let me be clear though---- i DO NOT mean EDM like ASFOS or DLIBYH. That's not Coldplay. Those songs make me cringe.

More specifically I want electronic instrumentation. I like what they did production-wise on Ghost Stories, and I really hope Midnight wasn't just a one-off venture into more ethereal and atmospheric electronic music. I think they could really make a strong and coherent album using Midnight as a blueprint for transitional interludes, song intros/outros, etc...

I don't want to make a Radiohead reference cos their so often referenced, but look at The King of Limbs or Kid A as examples for what I'm looking for.

Yes, those 'classic' Coldplay anthems will be there, but I hope they don't sell out and hire the services of a Avicii or a Rihanna again. [WHICH PROBABLY WILL HAPPEN!!!:veryangry2:]

i dont understand how chosing people like rihanna and avicii is related to selling out

OK rihanna not as much.

But c'mon, ASFOS is largely Avicii's track. Chris wrote it yes, but Avicii made it. There's a reason Chris had to beg the others to put the song on the LP.

The phrase "selling out" is used a lot by people who are outraged by CP pandering to the mainstream. That's not what I'm saying. After all, CP are MAINSTREAM AS F**K

In the case of ASFOS, they literally sold out. At least Chris did.

OK rihanna not as much.

But c'mon, ASFOS is largely Avicii's track. Chris wrote it yes, but Avicii made it. There's a reason Chris had to beg the others to put the song on the LP.

The phrase "selling out" is used a lot by people who are outraged by CP pandering to the mainstream. That's not what I'm saying. After all, CP are MAINSTREAM AS F**K

In the case of ASFOS, they literally sold out. At least Chris did.

well they did the same with midnight and the escapist but no one is calling that "selling out"

They don't need to collaborate with someone to sell their album because they are "Coldplay". They are big enough to do everything on their own. They always make a good album without the need to invite somebody to mess with one of their songs. What they need now, in my opinion, is a producer that can maximize and push their talents further. And if ever they still want to do a collab., can't they collaborate with someone like Noel Gallagher rather than the likes of Rihanna?

well they did the same with midnight and the escapist but no one is calling that "selling out"

ASFOS is such a cookie-cutter, formulaic, appeal-to-the-masses track though.

We gotta draw the line somewhere. Collaboration doesn't mean selling out. By your logic, working with Brian Eno was selling out. Working with Markus Dravs was selling out. It isnt true.

Midnight and the escapist are simply different cases than ASFOS

ASFOS is such a cookie-cutter, formulaic, appeal-to-the-masses track though.

We gotta draw the line somewhere. Collaboration doesn't mean selling out. By your logic, working with Brian Eno was selling out. Working with Markus Dravs was selling out. It isnt true.

Midnight and the escapist are simply different cases than ASFOS

Agree with all your points. Collaboration with Brian Eno and Markus Dravs are wildly different to what Chris was trying to achieve with the avicciii guy on ASFOS.

I believe the song should have never ended up on the album and Ghost Story should have replaced it. To then play it live on all occasions and for the song to turn out to be this huge "summer hit" just gave such a wrong vibe to the album that it completely misrepresented it.

I am watching the Fix You video right afterwards the new True Love video. What has happened to this band? I mean after X&Y they wanted to change themselves into a new sounding band, that whole idea came out amazing on Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. But on Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories that 'we want to sound new and fresh' is complete out of control now..

Offcourse, we still get amazing 'coldplay' songs like Us Against The World and Up With The Birds on MX and most of the songs on GS are amazing too, but the rest they are doing gets me annoyed. Am I the only one?

LP7 has to be amazing and more coldplay and if not, they will dissapoint me.

I am watching the Fix You video right afterwards the new True Love video. What has happened to this band? I mean after X&Y they wanted to change themselves into a new sounding band, that whole idea came out amazing on Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. But on Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories that 'we want to sound new and fresh' is complete out of control now..

Offcourse, we still get amazing 'coldplay' songs like Us Against The World and Up With The Birds on MX and most of the songs on GS are amazing too, but the rest they are doing gets me annoyed. Am I the only one?

Not the only one. But I only can say - let's wait and see.

You've gotta remember, back in the X&Y/Viva days, Coldplay still had something to prove. Or at least they felt they had something to prove.

But we all saw the transformation that took place during the MX era; Chris and company simply don't care what other people think anymore. For the first time they felt free to do whatever they wanted. And I think the combination of the Gwyneth situation, having kids, and generally just getting older has softened them a lot. [imagine that-- Coldplay can get even softer].

I believe they are past they're prime, but hey, they're still making beautiful music for the most part, so I say just enjoy the ride. And don't have your expectations so high.

Coldplay is going to make this next album which i think will be a mix of light dance rock (almost disco hence niles rodger collabing with chris), edm, and pop. I also think its going to be about the same as MX when it comes to critic acclaim. It wont be loved, it will be accepted. People will say that this isnt bad, but it isnt original. Chris will continue will have better lyrics because he will be writing in the pov of his own characters, which will probably have a lot better word play. I expect MX type lyrics, some great some ugly. I feel like this album will have a lot of guitar, some real drums (not all real drums), and bass will be scaled back.

It wont be MX 2.0 because MX was a story. This will be a collection of songs under some theme of love. Rihanna's song with Coldplay is going to be actually good, while avicii's edm song with Coldplay is going to suck balls. I expect Coldplay's last big hit coming from this album. It might be Rihanna's song, but whatever it is, it will make the top 10, maybe at 8 or 9 and then after that, Coldplay will do a huge tour and take a four or three year break.

I feel like Imagine Dragons or some band will take Coldplay's throne and it is then and there that i feel Coldplay will go back to its roots and start having to prove itself again. Its something seen often that bands that flop or lose their fans end up looking back to their old biggest successes and trying to replicate it, not just the sound, but the intensity of how they made it.

Say what u want about GS, but no matter how much they wanted to bring Parachutes' sound to this record, they would never match the rawness that comes from being desperate as an up and coming bad.

So ya, basically, i think Coldplay is a band who doesnt want to be the greatest band in the world. I think Viva did this... Viva was an amazing album, but it was hurt from the Coldplay hate that was at a fever pitch among critics. NME basically betrayed Coldplay after loving X&Y, and Rolling Stone said they were following the same formula (does this sound anything like X&Y?). Its sad because imagine if Coldplay had kept pushing the abstract, thematic awesomeness that was viva. Instead we've gotten MX and GS, two albums that are good, but are not striving for greatness, rather striving to please the majority

Coldplay is going to make this next album which i think will be a mix of light dance rock (almost disco hence niles rodger collabing with chris), edm, and pop. I also think its going to be about the same as MX when it comes to critic acclaim. It wont be loved, it will be accepted. People will say that this isnt bad, but it isnt original. Chris will continue will have better lyrics because he will be writing in the pov of his own characters, which will probably have a lot better word play. I expect MX type lyrics, some great some ugly. I feel like this album will have a lot of guitar, some real drums (not all real drums), and bass will be scaled back.

It wont be MX 2.0 because MX was a story. This will be a collection of songs under some theme of love. Rihanna's song with Coldplay is going to be actually good, while avicii's edm song with Coldplay is going to suck balls. I expect Coldplay's last big hit coming from this album. It might be Rihanna's song, but whatever it is, it will make the top 10, maybe at 8 or 9 and then after that, Coldplay will do a huge tour and take a four or three year break.

I feel like Imagine Dragons or some band will take Coldplay's throne and it is then and there that i feel Coldplay will go back to its roots and start having to prove itself again. Its something seen often that bands that flop or lose their fans end up looking back to their old biggest successes and trying to replicate it, not just the sound, but the intensity of how they made it.

Say what u want about GS, but no matter how much they wanted to bring Parachutes' sound to this record, they would never match the rawness that comes from being desperate as an up and coming bad.

So ya, basically, i think Coldplay is a band who doesnt want to be the greatest band in the world. I think Viva did this... Viva was an amazing album, but it was hurt from the Coldplay hate that was at a fever pitch among critics. NME basically betrayed Coldplay after loving X&Y, and Rolling Stone said they were following the same formula (does this sound anything like X&Y?). Its sad because imagine if Coldplay had kept pushing the abstract, thematic awesomeness that was viva. Instead we've gotten MX and GS, two albums that are good, but are not striving for greatness, rather striving to please the majority

Absolutely great analysis. My thoughts exactly!

I was hoping they would pull a 2nd Law but it seems right now they're incapable or unwilling to challenge themselves musically.

I think the next one should be called LP8 for the lulz and to confuse everyone.

Or maybe just "Seven". That would be cool.

Other than that I expect to be massively surprised as always, and that's the only thing I won't be surprised about.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

I agree w everything, king. Except that mx and gs were trying to please the majority.

Gs was straight from the heart, honest, and genuine. MX had the same ambition as Viva, but Chris said many times during that era that he didn't care what anyone else thought anymore. To the contrary I think MX was striving for greatness, it just didn't live up to viva imo.

Either than that, it all seems pretty accurate