✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I caught myself thinking earlier about what songs I'd love to see return on the LP7 tour. I mean, obviously we don't know what kind of feel the album gives off song-wise (rockier? More mellow? Stripped back? Electronic?) but I just think there's some hidden gems out there that dropping from the setlist was a mistake.

If I had to make a top 5:

1) Glass of Water - one of the best examples of Coldplay's 'explosive chorus' songs, this song just has so much energy. And it's from the Viva era, which makes it even better. :laugh3:

2) Yes - particularly the extended version with the amazing ending. I think this song would have fitted in with the Ghost Stories era perfectly, while not being too downbeat. Alas, the Ghost Stories your turned into a sort of Ghost Stories material + greatest hits tour. :(

3) Hurts Like Heaven - I know it's unusual for openers to come back into the set on a later tour (I'm looking at you, Politik), and that MX/Hurts Like Heaven kind of defined what the whole album was about and set the scene for 90 minutes of colourful mayhem during the live shows, but worked properly into the setlist I could see this song becoming a main part of the LP7 shows - what with it's apparently boundless energy and chances for crowd participation. However, unless the xylobands come back, I don't see much chance of this song making the cut, unfortunately (unless it's chosen as the song the band want to make acoustic).

4) Strawberry Swing - doesn't really need any explanation. :smug:

5) Swallowed In The Sea - a song that has been on the shelf and rather neglected for many years. In fact, I don't actually recall when it's last live appearance was, but I'm going to guess around 2007. This song, in my opinion, is one of Coldplay's most underrated songs. Period. It just needs to come back because I WANT TO SEE IT LIVE. :(

Anybody else have any songs that they hope will return on the next tour?

I reckon you've hit the mark with all of those songs with my preferences :D

But there are some other, older songs that I'd like to make a return too:

1. See You Soon - Probably my favourite Coldplay acoustic song. The last time it was played was in 2003 and maybe Chris has forgotten it ever existed, but that's still a 'maybe' and I will absolutely ecstatic if it does make a return!

2. Sparks - Many people probably consider this too down tempo, considering what most people consider to be Coldplay's "sound" when in reality, it's only their current sound. It's such a lovely song, and would be a time in the setlist to sit back and rest your vocal chords for a few minutes.

3. Death And All His Friends - Personal fav from the Viva era. Another initial gentle one before exploding into the classic Coldplay anthem. Not a particularly old one, I know, but the last time it was played was in 2010 and surely it's due for a comeback!

4. Square One - Coldplay have really been lacking the X&Y songs recently. Jonny must be getting furious! I know Chris is ashamed of the album and everything but the fact every single song on it has the potential to be a single kind of negates the fact it's a bad album. This is linking back to what you were saying about openers (Politik would be at the top if it wasn't in their top 5 most played songs!) so Square One would be my pick!

Yes, I did have Setlist FM up the entire time, did you guess that? :smug:

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I know the mention of the name ColdplayAtlas causes users here to spit on the ground, but they just offered up a possible release date:

November 24 2014, yes 2014.

Before you get too hype, check/read the below links

LP7 to be released on November 24th 2014?

Adele, 1D and Take That are all releasing albums on November 24th.

Other artists releasing albums include Kanye, Coldplay, U2.

https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/497041276471357440

The source origin is based purely on assumptions from a women's magazine. "U2, Coldplay & Kanye all expected to release new LP, late 2014

https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/497043241892868096

So I know the mention of the name ColdplayAtlas brings users here to spit on the ground, but they just offered up a release date:

November 24 2014, yes 2014.

Before you get too hype, check/read the below links

https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/497041276471357440

https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/497043241892868096

As long as coldplay.com hasnt confirmed it yet, I dont think this is the valid info enough. :)

Let's hope 2014 it is regardless the date and month but 2014!

As long as coldplay.com hasnt confirmed it yet, I dont think this is the valid info enough.

Let's hope 2014 it is regardless the date and month but 2014!

Of course news directly from Coldplay (.com/twitter/fb) should be viewed as the most legit. But perhaps not the fastest. Pretty sure the fansites reported things a little bit earlier than them. That being said, i'm not sure either way whether this date is good or not. However, it is something to keep an eye on as the date draws near.

Of course news directly from Coldplay (.com/twitter/fb) should be viewed as the most legit. But perhaps not the fastest. Pretty sure the fansites reported things a little bit earlier than them. That being said, i'm not sure either way whether this date is good or not. However, it is something to keep an eye on as the date draws near.

But I dont think November would be a good fit. I have no reason for this but I dont think it's going to be November..

But I dont think November would be a good fit. I have no reason for this but I dont think it's going to be November..

I don't think its November either, way too soon. But they must have a bit of faith on that date (even if we don't) so I'd at least keep the date on my radar

Two sources now that have suggested a back to back LP release in 2014 from Coldplay, I think that is plenty of reason to be hopeful. However, it does seem out of place. Maybe just a Ghost Stories EP Prospekt's March style?

'

I don't know a lot about how record labels work and I am just speculating, but Ghost Stories had little promotion, and as much as I want to think Coldplay an independent band, wouldn't their label want them to now release something more commercial? Don't get me wrong, Ghost Stories still to me was a huge release. Midnight got a ridiculous amount of press coverage, and Magic and ASFOS are radio favourites, but it just seems if they were actually releasing an album in a little over 3 months time, with singles/videos/concerts etc, then we should be hearing about it ASAP?

Two sources now that have suggested a back to back LP release in 2014 from Coldplay, I think that is plenty of reason to be hopeful. However, it does seem out of place. Maybe just a Ghost Stories EP Prospekt's March style?

'

I don't know a lot about how record labels work and I am just speculating, but Ghost Stories had little promotion, and as much as I want to think Coldplay an independent band, wouldn't their label want them to now release something more commercial? Don't get me wrong, Ghost Stories still to me was a huge release. Midnight got a ridiculous amount of press coverage, and Magic and ASFOS are radio favourites, but it just seems if they were actually releasing an album in a little over 3 months time, with singles/videos/concerts etc, then we should be hearing about it ASAP?

Little promotion? They did a live special on NBC. That's pretty big

...but it just seems if they were actually releasing an album in a little over 3 months time, with singles/videos/concerts etc, then we should be hearing about it ASAP?

Thats a good point. But they could also 'pull a beyonce' and surprise everyone with an album with no press. I'm sure it'll do just as well anyways. With that being said, I think they would opt to do press than not.

Ok, I don't believe these rumours about a late 2014 release could be true but if I try to imagine they were true, this came accross my mind:

1. Chris mentioned that they are not touring GS and it will make sense looking back one day - it would make sense not to tour LP6 if there is LP7 coming very soon...

2. He also mentioned, and we all know it, that GS was a personal album for him, something he needed to "get out of his system", so what if they were working on two albums at the same time - GS and another album, less personal, more Coldplay?

Ok, I don't believe these rumours about a late 2014 release could be true but if I try to imagine they were true, this came accross my mind:

1. Chris mentioned that they are not touring GS and it will make sense looking back one day - it would make sense not to tour LP6 if there is LP7 coming very soon...

2. He also mentioned, and we all know it, that GS was a personal album for him, something he needed to "get out of his system", so what if they were working on two albums at the same time - GS and another album, less personal, more Coldplay?

just an fyi, number 2 has been speculated by some of us already, but its good that others see this as well. Just goes to show LP7 is not too far away.

Back to ColdLas, someone sorta guessed that the November date could be an EP or some GS deluxe addition (Target addition avail world-wide) instead. So, more food for thought.

I'm taking these with a massive grain of salt, but I'd be ecstatic if they were true. Chris seems to have said a few times that they've been working on new material for quite some time now. I'd just prefer if it were a more true-to-Coldplay album. You know, loud, energetic, big.

I was thinking something even crazier for LP7 release... I just checked when Radiohead released Kid A (2 October 2000) and later Amnesiac (5 June 2001), there was just a period of 8 months between each album. So based on that, I'm gonna take the risk to assume that Coldplay have a lot of new material, enough to release LP7 at the end of this year or in January 2015, and then start a big tour in Winter/Spring 2015. And probably this is their main plan from the beginning of this new era.

I said this like a month and a half ago, so if they do that, it would be the same more or less. A very similar thing.

I'm taking these with a massive grain of salt, but I'd be ecstatic if they were true. Chris seems to have said a few times that they've been working on new material for quite some time now. I'd just prefer if it were a more true-to-Coldplay album. You know, loud, energetic, big.

Yeah, but he always says that. As a band, I dont think you ever stop working on new material, or at least jotting down melodies/ideas for songs. Even during an active tour, Coldplay (and i'm sure other bands) sometimes find breaks in concert dates to jump to the studio and lay down a demo.

I'm not saying that proves the album is/n't coming Nov, but just an observation from years of reading this argument; the band saying they're working on new stuff isn't much as they are ALWAYS working on new material.

Yeah, but he always says that. As a band, I dont think you ever stop working on new material, or at least jotting down melodies/ideas for songs. Even during an active tour, Coldplay (and i'm sure other bands) sometimes find breaks in concert dates to jump to the studio and lay down a demo.

I'm not saying that proves the album is/n't coming Nov, but just an observation from years of reading this argument; the band saying they're working on new stuff isn't much as they are ALWAYS working on new material.

Oh, absolutely. I've learned to take everything Chris says as wishful thinking. Until/if it happens, of course.