📡 HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 📡

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He also said that he didn't feel like jumping around stadiums with the GS songs and then other songs started to arrive, which felt like they want to get bigger... so it really seems like they were working on two albums at once.

anyone else picked up on the 'we are now recording lp7, lps 1-7 will be like a series, i don't know what will happen after lp7' comments from the siriusxm interview?

Sorry I don't have a source, but I defo remember Chris having a short range mindset. He mentioned this when talking about a previous record and some ppl also interpreted that as them calling it quits soon. As we know, that wasn't that case. What I mean to say is that, I think he wants to deal with LP7 first and focus all his attention on that, and not worry about LP8 and beyond. I'm pretty sure that's what he meant by it and not any sort of ideas about disbanding.

Back to LP7 though, a big nugget I got from the Sirus interview is that Chris compared LP7 to the end of the Ghost Stories album. He specifically said something to the effect of how ASFoS has a 'euphoric release' of sorts which was needed at the end. And the way he said it hinted that LP7 is gonna be more like ASFoS. Before everyone wines about that, I don't think that necessarily means EDM, but perhaps that the mood will be more uplifting; perhaps less like the down tempo Parachutes and Ghost Stories and more like VLV and MX

Here's the quote i'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npH92Hed_Bc#t=45

Ooh, 2500 posts

I would soooo much rather a stipped back album. I would like to hear the acoustic songs they were orginally writing before MX before scrapping them all

Same here.

I think all bands need to take a long break from making songs together at some point during their career and I've been saying this about Coldplay ever since VLV. 2015 is way too early for another album and I don't understand why they're rushing it. Same goes for GS in that I didn't expect anything so soon after MX.

What I crave most is another TIMELESS Coldplay album. Something they've failed to achieve with MX and GS. (Both amazing records I'm sure so don't hate me for this). People are still just discovering AROBTTH now and they're blown away immediately.

What I crave most is another TIMELESS Coldplay album. Something they've failed to achieve with MX and GS. (Both amazing records I'm sure so don't hate me for this). People are still just discovering AROBTTH now and they're blown away immediately.

Timeless is definitely in order, but where does that come from? They definitely put a ton of work and though into AROBTTH and Viva, both of which I consider timeless. I dunno if time has anything to do with it though.

They put too much time into X&Y and the band seems to feel negative towards that era somewhat, and it shows since the album itself is disjointed. MX too they scrapped a lot of ideas on and maybe overworked? Originally, like someone mentioned above, the album was supposed to be a slinky acoustic post-viva sort of thing. They had Charlie Brown on an accordion for God's sake, which would have been awesome to hear!

Prefacing this by stating, for me, every Coldplay record is timeless, I have to agree that MX didn't quite reach the status of Viva or A Rush, and Ghost Stories was only further from this. So what will it take?

I would soooo much rather a stipped back album. I would like to hear the acoustic songs they were orginally writing before MX before scrapping them all

Yeeeeeeaaah that's what I want too.... Don Quixote (Spanish Rain) on an album would be great

I think all bands need to take a long break from making songs together at some point during their career and I've been saying this about Coldplay ever since VLV. 2015 is way too early for another album and I don't understand why they're rushing it. Same goes for GS in that I didn't expect anything so soon after MX.

If it's late 2015, like some of us have suggested, then its not too fast. In fact, its right on par with all their previous outputs. I made a nice post outlining the reasoning behind it and everything. Perhaps what makes it seem fast is that the GS era was so short with there being fewer singles and much fewer tour dates. But to sum, a 1-1.5 year break in between eras is just about right.

edit: found my posts I was talking about in the thread. They were post # 153, 160 and 260 if you were curious

^ahhh, y'know, I just realized the Sirius interview has again provided some insight. Straight from Chris's mouth, he prefers to launch albums right before or right in the summer (to coincide with festivals like Glasto).

Judging by how "low key" Ghost Stories was released (just 3 official singles, no tour, moderate promotions), I'm guessing LP7 will be big. It just feels a bit weird if they will release it really soon haha :P

A lot of things I wanna clarify here:

3 singles: Magic, ASFoS and True Love on the horizon, but Midnight was a 'promo' single. Still in a grey area if you wanna call it a single or not. So arguably 4 singles, which is in line with the usual number.

No tour: Not NO tour, just a small one.

Moderate promo: I'd say the NBC special, lots of interviews (as Chris-centric as they were) and the itunes play was pretty big.

All that being said, I do agree LP7 will be huge and more to the label's liking in terms of marketability it being potentially a more 'tourable' album. The reasons for this has been mentioned many times already. I mean, I can find more reasons for it being a 'big' album than a small one.

^It is going to be big, bigger than Ghost Stories, which still is a pretty big sounding album when you think about it. You are right, and here are some reasons. We know this:

-Madeon has been working with Coldplay, who is renowned for his electronic music (mostly EDM.)

-A world tour in the works definitely means bigger sounds for their new album and Chris keeps talking about Ghost Stories in this weird past tense fashion saying (and I am paraphrasing,) "it was just something personal and small we wanted to do, and now we want to do something else."

-We know the album is going to be featuring someone now, most likely through direct participation in a song rather than through production, potentially Rihanna again.

-Interviews with Chris and the band seem to show them being productive and whipping out a lot of material now and in the past during the Ghost Stories sessions. Like in every era, a bunch didn't make the cut.

-Chris is seemingly in a more positive time in his life where he likes to listen to pop music with his kids. (on the exterior at least) He has also been doing nothing in his recent interviews more than giving love to big pop names like Ariana Grande, One Direction, Avicii, etc whom in many regards he has always fancied and wanted to be buddies with.

-When talking about live shows, Chris has discussed making music that everyone can jump and be together for, which Coldplay has always done and likely will again soon, aka, big singles, positive, happy.

LP7 I think is going to be a more loud sister to GS. All these interviews have done for me is shown the fact that Coldplay is being really productive right now and that they are longing for a bigger, more tourable album. That said, even if it comes out in a years time, I don't see them progressing that far from GS sounds...(electronics, poppy sing-a-longs, squeaky clean production.)

I agree with a lot of stuff you said, and the reasoning behind it. What i'm having trouble with is narrowing down the sound of LP7. Generally, I think we can agree it's gonna be bigger. But to say it'll be bigger than GS is not much help. I personally don't think it can get much bigger than MX. You mentioned 'a loud sister to GS' which I can take a step further and say would sound like the offspring of MX and GS. But would that simply be MX-lite? Possibly MX with an electronic drum kit? Iunno, i'm having a hard time visualizing it.

I mean, I look at the albums like this: this first 3 are a trilogy with a very similar sound (piano driven rock with guitars). But with Viva, MX and GS, it doesn't sound quite like anything they've done before (Viva showcased stringed instuments, MX synths and GS e-drums). To say LP7 is like MX would make me question why they would do the same thing over again when it's not like the band to do the same thing twice anymore. I just don't know what the band are gonna do next, but I guess that's the excitement of following a band like this.

If it's late 2015, like some of us have suggested, then its not too fast. In fact, its right on par with all their previous outputs. I made a nice post outlining the reasoning behind it and everything. Perhaps what makes it seem fast is that the GS era was so short with there being fewer singles and much fewer tour dates. But to sum, a 1-1.5 year break in between eras is just about right.

edit: found my posts I was talking about in the thread. They were post # 153, 160 and 260 if you were curious

Well you're right in that if they were to follow the cycle late 2015 would be plausible and reasonable. But I don't want them to follow the cycle you see!

A mix with AROBTTH and Mylo Xyloto with a sprinkle of VLV symphonic atmosphere and we have a masterpiece ladies and gents.

That would be epic!