✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ I really hope that isn't true. I don't mind Chris writing songs for other pop-stars, and I can forgive Princess of China somewhat because it fit into the aesthetic of Mylo Xyloto (god what awful lyrics though,) but no more, Chris!!!! This would most certainly mean we can expect more radio-friendly pop sounds which more than likely means more electronics and possibly EDM elements to their music. And personally, I think there are a lot of us who really, really don't want this to happen again.

^ I really hope that isn't true. I don't mind Chris writing songs for other pop-stars, and I can forgive Princess of China somewhat because it fit into the aesthetic of Mylo Xyloto (god what awful lyrics though,) but no more, Chris!!!! This would most certainly mean we can expect more radio-friendly pop sounds which more than likely means more electronics and possibly EDM elements to their music. And personally, I think there are a lot of us who really, really don't want this to happen again.

There were a series of interviews before MX released where the lads revealed they were working with Rihanna in a similar manner on how Chris recently revealed they had a "nice song" in which he's hoping to have Rihanna on. That song will most likely be radio friendly. I can't say for the rest of the upcoming album.

My interpretation of that interview (going off memory of listening yesterday) was:

-Sometimes Chris writes for Rihanna.

-Sometimes she likes it, sometimes not.

-This time, he is working FOR her, so it would likely be Chris ONLY on a Rihanna record.

-I think Chris said he was HOPING to have a collab (not sure if Rihanna was mentioned explicitly, or just 'a collab with someone')

-To sum, looks like Rihanna feat. Chris Martin, not Coldplay feat. Rihanna on LP7.

And even if that were the case, I don't mind it. I sense a vibe around here that detests collaborations with ppl from poppier genres. At this point, personally, I understand that Coldplay are a pop band (pop, meaning popular) and with that comes the different influences. But if you look at MX, if I get one or two Hurts Like Heaven's and Paradise's for every Princess of China's, then i'm a happy guy. To go even further, I actually don't mind PoC to begin with (and i'm a fan from the ARoBttH era).

Iunno, that was all a bit ranty. I just think ppl can't accept the reality of what position Coldplay is in in the music world. Coldplay are gonna turn a bit poppy, and there will be collabs, really, whether we like it or not.

There were a series of interviews before MX released where the lads revealed they were working with Rihanna in a similar manner on how Chris recently revealed they had a "nice song" in which he's hoping to have Rihanna on. That song will most likely be radio friendly. I can't say for the rest of the upcoming album.

Haha so Chris seems to be dealing with it in a similar way then! I really didn't think that they would feature someone else on an album after MX, but I guess we will see. Maybe the song won't make it or Rihanna will end up using it.

I am secretly hoping the rest of the band vetoes future tracks like ASFOS and PoC. Chris' musical taste has certainly taken a turn in interviews recently to support One Direction, EDM and other major pop sensations. I am not saying that his inspiration is limited to Top 40, I mean the guy loves music, but what is so great about Coldplay records is how they meld together so many influences of different genres: folk, electronica, rock, pop, etc. I would say most albums have been pretty neutral in how they share these influences, so I don't want them to slip into formulaic pop music alone.

My interpretation of that interview (going off memory of listening yesterday) was

But if you look at MX, if I get one or two Hurts Like Heaven's and Paradise's for every Princess of China's, then i'm a happy guy. To go even further, I actually don't mind PoC to begin with (and i'm a fan from the ARoBttH era).

Iunno, that was all a bit ranty. I just think ppl can't accept the reality of what position Coldplay is in in the music world. Coldplay are gonna turn a bit poppy, and there will be collabs, really, whether we like it or not.

I completely agree with you here.

I would prefer a balanced album of just 10 decent songs instead of an album of 14-15 mediocre songs including hidden tracks and all that stuff. But wait, if there were 10 decent songs and then a couple of amazing hidden tracks and magnificent b-sides, it would be even better of course, that would be always welcome.

This would most certainly mean we can expect more radio-friendly pop sounds which more than likely means more electronics and possibly EDM elements to their music. And personally, I think there are a lot of us who really, really don't want this to happen again.

Judging by the last interviews Chris has given on the USA seems like we might get MX 2.0

This would be earth shattering-ly disappointing!

Please no. I think Coldplay should never release 'the best of' album. I think it's bad idea.

Well, I just think of it because others bands do it at some point in their career.

I don’t think it’s a good idea either.

Things like The Greatest Hits or The best Of are not controlled by the band, unfortunately, Radiohead even has a Greatest Hits and you know the story? They never wanted to publish one but at that time they were still under Parlophone and the label decided to publish a Greatest Hits, bands don't really have a say on that stuff

Maybe they’re going to release a Best Of album. :thinking: With couple of new songs.

I don't think they will.

In several interviews, Chris said as a joke in reply to "what do you think happens after death" that "Best Of" or "Tribute Concert"... :lol:

yep, maybe they are leaving their record label after lp7? in what other way could they change?

he said that lp7 would be the completion of a story. so doubt that it has anything to do with the label. maybe they would do a radical genre jump. that would be interesting.