✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yesterday i was watching "The Making Of Ghost Stories" interview and saw the demo track listing for the album, first Ive heard of these track names, anyone think they may be being held back because they didn't fit with the sound of the album and kept for LP7?

here is the full track listing

1."O"

2."The Race"

3."Another's Arms"

4."Atlas"

5."True Love"

6."Ghost Story (New)"

7."Oceans"

8."Tomorrow" (Crossed Out and replaced with....) "World Without You"

9.Fly On

and under that it says "Others"

3 new songs we haven't heard and possibly more ready for inclusion on an album (also nice to know atlas was considered for the track listing, as well as proof that its part of the GS Era not a stand alone)

I thought that was only the line "It was a long and dark December" but i might be wrong, still your right, i'm sure there was a song called Disaster from the AROBTTH recording sessions that was remade into Lovers In Japan, and lets not forget about the infamous Car Kids that's been considered for 2 albums :) and Don Quixote i think?

But anyway here's a link to the track listing in a YouTube video, you'll find the track listing at 4:57

[video=youtube;MbFmeWFcOCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbFmeWFcOCE

I wish the boys were more keen on releasing material like they were up until Viva. Coldplay in the 2000's had SO many B-sides and live performances of songs that didn't make the albums. We technically have only had three B-sides since MX (Moving To Mars, All Your Friends, Ghost Story.) which is pretty sad. It feels like the age of B-sides has been replaced with remixes.

Either way, it is impossible to tell if some of these songs will ever be released, or if they have been and we just don't know it. Who is to say if The Race was just a working title for Always In My Head? My dream is that they one day release a huge career spanning B-side album with Car Kids, Don Quixote, Famous Old Painters, etc, but it is unlikely.

Ugh, i want more news on LP7. :confused:

I feelz ya.

With 2 concerts coming up this week, there arent a lot of users even logging on. I still log on every day just to see if anything is up, only to see 12 registered users online (and about 50 un-registered lol).

But from now to the end of the calendar year, there are only a few dates to watch:

-these last 2 gigs this week

-the supposed November LP7 release date (slim chance of it coming true)

-I'll start a rumour right now and say they may do a Christmas gig?

But yeah, beyond that, don't see much else....

I feelz ya.

With 2 concerts coming up this week, there arent a lot of users even logging on. I still log on every day just to see if anything is up, only to see 12 registered users online (and about 50 un-registered lol).

But from now to the end of the calendar year, there are only a few dates to watch:

-these last 2 gigs this week

-the supposed November LP7 release date (slim chance of it coming true)

-I'll start a rumour right now and say they may do a Christmas gig?

But yeah, beyond that, don't see much else....

I believe the sudden news about a possible early release of the next LP makes the remaining GS dates uninteresting and it's quite sad because I feel the current album has been taken for granted somehow.

I believe the sudden news about a possible early release of the next LP makes the remaining GS dates uninteresting and it's quite sad because I feel the current album has been taken for granted somehow.

While I see what you're saying, my view is that people just aren't as hype about GS because the band didn't hype it up so much themselves. Iunno, I still rank GS as the top 2-3 albums by Coldplay so I don't really mind what others think about it.

^I agree, I overall enjoy Ghost Stories but as far as Coldplay releases go, but it is harder to revel in it since the whole era has felt kind of quiet. For me it really peaked with the NBC concert, which was great, but afterwards the videos that followed (ASFOS and True Love) and some of the live performances were kind of weak IMO. Overall this era put out only twelve tracks, thirteen if we want to count Atlas, and no alternative or acoustic versions. (I don't count remixes)

For those reasons GS was smaller, like it was intended, and that is why I have been able to move on so quickly in wanting LP7.

Imagine if MX was released without the Paradise video, the comics/HLH video, or the massive colourful tour, for example. I think all of us back in the fall of 2011 would then be pining for another album if that was the case.

Now I'm starting to worry about the new era. Chris's musical taste has been changed.. I understand people changed as years go by, but I'm afraid if he is starting to go for mainstream music like sounded other mainstream bands that are too popular. I know there is no going back to the days like :arobtth: or even like :parachutes: but I feel I wanted to listen more of the music resemblance like their first two albums, they are flawless, beautiful, and ridiculously good.. :viva: is one of the top albums of all time in the history, but I'm more into :mx: however, except POC :P. If the band could mix up the way they make music more of :viva: and :arobtth: with some :parachutes: I think I would still recall them as the best band in the world again :)

:gs: album is not one of their best, but it is exceptional and personal and still my favorite atm I can say, so it's still acceptable for me at least :) I hope the new era won't have too much EDMs, Midnight and ASFOS are more than enough. I can listen to nowadays music is just having too much party with EDMs, I'm quite done with it now. Need more new genre, prolly Coldplay could make a new genre called 'Yellow' or 'Life in Technicolor' or whatever they name it :P

Now I'm starting to worry about the new era. Chris's musical taste has been changed.. I understand people changed as years go by, but I'm afraid if he is starting to go for mainstream music like sounded other mainstream bands that are too popular. I know there is no going back to the days like :arobtth: or even like :parachutes: but I feel I wanted to listen more of the music resemblance like their first two albums, they are flawless, beautiful, and ridiculously good.. :viva: is one of the top albums of all time in the history, but I'm more into :mx: however, except POC :P. If the band could mix up the way they make music more of :viva: and :arobtth: with some :parachutes: I think I would still recall them as the best band in the world again :)

:gs: album is not one of their best, but it is exceptional and personal and still my favorite atm I can say, so it's still acceptable for me at least :) I hope the new era won't have too much EDMs, Midnight and ASFOS are more than enough. I can listen to nowadays music is just having too much party with EDMs, I'm quite done with it now. Need more new genre, prolly Coldplay could make a new genre called 'Yellow' or 'Life in Technicolor' or whatever they name it :P

Only just my opinion.....

Coldplay will always be the best band in the World in my eyes. They will do what they always do- make exceptional music.

We all have our favourite Coldplay albums & they are all uniquely different in their own individual & special way (just like children are all unique and different).

I think it's amazing that 5 people who are so talented & together keep producing these incredible, personal and completely individual albums. What an incredible gift to themselves; to each other; and to us as the lucky recipients of their music.

I'm sure they will know when LP7 feels just right for them- as they always have known when an album feels right TO THEM. Music alchemy perfected.

I have faith in them because they are doing what they love and they happen to be very, bloody good at it! :understatement:

LP7 will be just that... LP7. An entirely, new creation produced by brilliant & passionate musicians: That is enough, and that makes all the difference.

Pondering....

"Ask the river: Do you feel useful, given that all you do is keep flowing in the same direction? And the river will answer: I'm not trying to be useful, I'm trying to be a river"..... ie- New album says I'm not trying to be anything I AM Coldplay's 7th album (which will be brilliant cause it's Coldplay) :)

Only just my opinion.....

Coldplay will always be the best band in the World in my eyes. They will do what they always do- make exceptional music.

We all have our favourite Coldplay albums & they are all uniquely different in their own individual & special way (just like children are all unique and different).

I think it's amazing that 5 people who are so talented & together keep producing these incredible, personal and completely individual albums. What an incredible gift to themselves; to each other; and to us as the lucky recipients of their music.

I'm sure they will know when LP7 feels just right for them- as they always have known when an album feels right TO THEM. Music alchemy perfected.

I have faith in them because they are doing what they love and they happen to be very, bloody good at it! :understatement:

LP7 will be just that... LP7. An entirely, new creation produced by brilliant & passionate musicians: That is enough, and that makes all the difference.

Pondering....

"Ask the river: Do you feel useful, given that all you do is keep flowing in the same direction? And the river will answer: I'm not trying to be useful, I'm trying to be a river"..... ie- New album says I'm not trying to be anything I AM Coldplay's 7th album (which will be brilliant cause it's Coldplay) :)

Not so long ago, I would write exactly the same, I would say that I trust them completely and I was sure that I would enjoy their new music no matter what.

But right now, I'm scared. I know they have their unique chemistry and I'm scared that it might be lost when Chris is living on another continent. I know there are ways how to make music even if every one of them was on a different continent, but it's not the same as a group of friends playing in one room... I'm scared that Chris will become too distant from the rest of the band, living in the US, with all the Hollywood influences around him. (I know he was married to a Hollywood actress, but he was still living in London)

I hope they'll prove me wrong, I really don't like this feeling and would love to trust in them 100% again...

Maybe LP7 will be what you wrote it will be, but I'm scared it might not be my cup of tea anymore.

Not so long ago, I would write exactly the same, I would say that I trust them completely and I was sure that I would enjoy their new music no matter what.

But right now, I'm scared. I know they have their unique chemistry and I'm scared that it might be lost when Chris is living on another continent. I know there are ways how to make music even if every one of them was on a different continent, but it's not the same as a group of friends playing in one room... I'm scared that Chris will become too distant from the rest of the band, living in the US, with all the Hollywood influences around him. (I know he was married to a Hollywood actress, but he was still living in London)

I hope they'll prove me wrong, I really don't like this feeling and would love to trust in them 100% again...

Maybe LP7 will be what you wrote it will be, but I'm scared it might not be my cup of tea anymore.

Yup. I feel the same :\