✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

GOOD NEWS GUYS:

Today, The Oracle replied to someone who's been worried just like us and here's the answer:

"No. Don't take it too literally. The other day (as you mentioned), Chris said "We are now recording LP7, LP's 1-7 will be like a series. I don't know what will happen after LP7". That's all he is saying; nothing more sinister. LP7 isn't done yet so why would they be thinking beyond that right now?

If you've heard Chris talk about albums before you will know that he once said the first three albums felt like a trilogy. Things change as time goes along so there's no need for anyone to be sad."

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm only gonna start to freak out if he clearly says:

"Okay, that's it. This is the final and last record of Coldplay. It was an amazing time but everything has to end one day so yeah, this is it. Thank you for giving us the best job in the world. Love, Chris"

Until then I shall continue fangirling and waiting for new stuff :wacko:

Love,

Chris,Jonny,Guy & Will

'the last Buckin moment :( '

GOOD NEWS GUYS:

Today, The Oracle replied to someone who's been worried just like us and here's the answer:

"No. Don't take it too literally. The other day (as you mentioned), Chris said "We are now recording LP7, LP's 1-7 will be like a series. I don't know what will happen after LP7". That's all he is saying; nothing more sinister. LP7 isn't done yet so why would they be thinking beyond that right now?

If you've heard Chris talk about albums before you will know that he once said the first three albums felt like a trilogy. Things change as time goes along so there's no need for anyone to be sad."

Yay :cheesy:

Guest howyousawtheworld

I would love it if they got back down to working with Eno. Just Eno even. Or Jon Hopkins. One of or both would be perfect. I don't think Eno is given the respect he deserves by some on here regarding his production work on Viva La Vida. He really is the master.

If making euphoric mainstream music in the form of ASFOS is the route they plan to go down then ok, but it is well within their comfort zone surely? As they've shown by dabbling in other influences that is a major deviation from their standard sound (Chinese Sleep Chant/Midnight) they've shown themselves to be a dab hand at introducing and creating songs that you wouldn't always expect from them.

I would love it if they got back down to working with Eno. Just Eno even. Or Jon Hopkins. One of or both would be perfect. I don't think Eno is given the respect he deserves by some on here regarding his production work on Viva La Vida. He really is the master.

HOPKINS. PERIOD.

Guest howyousawtheworld
HOPKINS. PERIOD.

Coldplay could create something astonishing by collaborating with him for a full album.

Guest howyousawtheworld
*mops up drool*

Damn straight they could, I'M BETTING MY SORRY BAT ASS ON IT :bomb:

It's all very well hearing what it's like to write for or perform with Rihanna. But what we all want to know is what it's like to work with Hopkins in the studio. Because he is a genius.

It's all very well hearing what it's like to write for or perform with Rihanna. But what we all want to know is what it's like to work with Hopkins in the studio. Because he is a genius.

And he exclusively makes melodies and doesn't sing. And there's nothing better than an awesome melody with a nice Chris vocal on top of it :wideeyed:

I think LP7 should be the last album, huge, kick everyone's asses, make all the critics kneel down theire talent, have a big hit, make a huge tour and then just sit back and admire theire wondeful career. Bands should come to an end at the top.

Leave.

hehe no seriously :wacky:

LP11 can be that record, LP7 would be too soon man!

I think LP7 should be the last album, huge, kick everyone's asses, make all the critics kneel down theire talent, have a big hit, make a huge tour and then just sit back and admire theire wondeful career. Bands should come to an end at the top.

I agree with ending on top but i seriously hope 7 isnt it!

A lot of things I wanna clarify here:

3 singles: Magic, ASFoS and True Love on the horizon, but Midnight was a 'promo' single. Still in a grey area if you wanna call it a single or not. So arguably 4 singles, which is in line with the usual number.

No tour: Not NO tour, just a small one.

Moderate promo: I'd say the NBC special, lots of interviews (as Chris-centric as they were) and the itunes play was pretty big.

All that being said, I do agree LP7 will be huge and more to the label's liking in terms of marketability it being potentially a more 'tourable' album. The reasons for this has been mentioned many times already. I mean, I can find more reasons for it being a 'big' album than a small one.

Yeah I forgot about the Ghost Stories Promotional Tour :) thanks. I'm also sensing a "stadium-friendly" anthems. What's your opinion then about LP7 being compared to the last Harry Potter book? Do you think they'll call it quits or they'll just just take on a hiatus?

I'll admit, I was a little bit worried at first. But Coldplay has that same chemistry that U2 has, I don't think they'll be going anywhere anytime soon. As for the whole "completion of a story" thing, they could be referencing the trilogy (aka their first 3 albums). If that's the case I'm super excited. :)

Im surprised it hasnt been released yet. November wouldnt make sense because if they are releasing an album next summer (which is highly likely) they should be advertising for lp7. Hopefully the dvd comes out after the true love video

Yeah I forgot about the Ghost Stories Promotional Tour :) thanks. I'm also sensing a "stadium-friendly" anthems. What's your opinion then about LP7 being compared to the last Harry Potter book? Do you think they'll call it quits or they'll just just take on a hiatus?

I think the HP thing was just Chris being Chris, and he didn't mean anything by it. Just happens to be 7 HP books and Coldplay are on LP7th.

I'll admit, I was a little bit worried at first. But Coldplay has that same chemistry that U2 has, I don't think they'll be going anywhere anytime soon. As for the whole "completion of a story" thing, they could be referencing the trilogy (aka their first 3 albums). If that's the case I'm super excited. :)

I think you nailed it there, I see Coldplay being like U2 and to stick around basically forever. Perhaps it's more wishful thinking than anything though, but at the very least, I don't see his comments pointing to the band quitting before LP8 though. The oracle even put a stop to the rumor so iunno why its even a topic of discussion anymore tbh.

Has anyone mentioned yet that this rumored November release could be a live album/DVD? It would make sense. Most Coldplay fans didn't get a chance to see them on the mini tour, and I'm pretty sure there was more to the NBC special that we didn't see

There were some that suggested the November date (if true at all) could be a Prospekt's March style EP release, y'know, something smaller than a full out LP. A live album/dvd would make sense as well now that I think about it.

Im surprised it hasnt been released yet. November wouldnt make sense because if they are releasing an album next summer (which is highly likely) they should be advertising for lp7. Hopefully the dvd comes out after the true love video

uh, wut? Perhaps you didn't proofread what you wrote, its a bit hard to understand, but i'll try and comment on what I could gather.

-Surprised it hasn't been released yet? You mean LP7? True Love isn't even released as a single yet, so how could LP7 be out?

-Releasing an album next summer wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility because Chris just said he likes to release in the summer because of festival season.

I think the HP thing was just Chris being Chris, and he didn't mean anything by it. Just happens to be 7 HP books and Coldplay are on LP7th.

I think you nailed it there, I see Coldplay being like U2 and to stick around basically forever. Perhaps it's more wishful thinking than anything though, but at the very least, I don't see his comments pointing to the band quitting before LP8 though. The oracle even put a stop to the rumor so iunno why its even a topic of discussion anymore tbh.

There were some that suggested the November date (if true at all) could be a Prospekt's March style EP release, y'know, something smaller than a full out LP. A live album/dvd would make sense as well now that I think about it.

uh, wut? Perhaps you didn't proofread what you wrote, its a bit hard to understand, but i'll try and comment on what I could gather.

-Surprised it hasn't been released yet? You mean LP7? True Love isn't even released as a single yet, so how could LP7 be out?

-Releasing an album next summer wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility because Chris just said he likes to release in the summer because of festival season.

My sentence makes complete sense. If you read the comment above mine he was talking about the ghost stories dvd.