✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This kinda reminds me of when Coldplay.com changed to a wedding theme before the MX era. I think we just heard wedding bells on 60 mins and the piano version in full at an apple event. I don't remember the reason behind the wedding theme 'cause I def didn't see any of it in MX. Was there a wedding within Coldplay's circle of friends I didn't hear about?

edit: ahh, here's what the website looked like

http://web.archive.org/web/20091009012117/http://www.coldplay.com//

I think they also dressed a certain way for the Christmas gigs and we all thought that was the theme for LP5.

That's a bit of a tangent, but i'm just saying the end of the True Love MV could just be that same instance where we think we see a clue, when it really isn't anything

Guest kmm1482

I predict a 1 Direction collaboration with Rihanna doing backing vocals on every song as Macklemore raps on a few songs with an end acoustic song with Kesha as the whole record is produced by Skrillex

Coldplay should sign Tim Rice Oxley from Keane and write masterpieces instead of being working with Rihanna...

i don't think it is in their interests to work with someone whose work resembles theirs, like tim rice oxley's. that's why when there have been collaborations, they have mostly been with very different artists to them. and there is potential to make something fantastic out of such occasions. but i agree, it would be great if they chose someone different to work with other than rihanna...

LP7

Coldplay should sign Tim Rice Oxley from Keane and write masterpieces instead of being working with Rihanna...

I agree, Tim is an underrated songwriter and would help them make something special, unlike Rihanna. I bet most people here know this, but Coldplay tried signing Tim many, many years ago...he declined and went on to have an awesome career with Keane.

I know Chris said he was hoping to have a collaborator on the next LP, but how's about just don't work with anyone? No collabs, no guest producers, just the 5 of them. I mean, they're big boys now, they're 6 albums deep and one of the biggest bands of all time. Is this at all possible/reasonable?

^

Band: "Come on let's make a new album yaaay!

Chris: "Wait I hAVE TO COLLABORATE WITH SUM1"

Band: "Why"

Chris: "Becuz... my own voice is BORING"

Band: "No it's alright"

Chris: "collab"

Band: "WHY"

Chris: "COLLAB"

Band: "..."

Chris: "..."

Band: " *sigh* Ok who is it"

Chris: "Miley Cyr-"

Will: "fUCK THIS IMMA START MY OWN BAND"

^

Band: "Come on let's make a new album yaaay!

Chris: "Wait I hAVE TO COLLABORATE WITH SUM1"

Band: "Why"

Chris: "Becuz... my own voice is BORING"

Band: "No it's alright"

Chris: "collab"

Band: "WHY"

Chris: "COLLAB"

Band: "..."

Band: " *sigh* Ok who is it"

Chris: "Miley Cyr-"

Will: "fUCK THIS IMMA START MY OWN BAND"

HAHAHAHAHA ROFL

I'M WOMANBATMAN :wacky:

Well I wouldn't consider myself pretty but THANK YOU OMG

WELLLLL, all women are considered as :gorgeous: you know that :gorgeous:

Everybody is beautiful, now admit it to yourself in front of your mirror and say, "GODDAMMIT IM FUCKING PUUUURRRRRTTYYY :heart:"

Goodluck :P

I feel like LP7 will most certainly be electronic like GS. A lot of people on these forums have talked about Coldplay albums in pairs or in trilogies. If I was to look at their discography this way, it would make sense to me that Parachutes, AROBTTH, and X&Y are a trilogy, VLV is the creative stepping stone and oddball, and MX, GS and LP7 will form another trilogy. Follow me here:

There is no doubting that every album has a distinct flavour, but for the most part, their first three were strong alternative rock/pop albums. Almost all the songs followed Chris' piano or acoustic guitar, Jonny's electric, Guy's Bass and Will's drumming. Very rarely did they step outside this box. Sonically, some of these albums might be louder or flashier then the last, but overall they have a progression of a trilogy.

Viva La Vida doesn't fit into the mix. The sounds are more worldy, diverse, non-traditional. A lot of songs on this record broke from the formula that domintated the previous albums. I personally think this was Coldplay's most experimental and creative album, a stepping stone into more electronic ventures, another three albums.

And now we are reaching the end of that trilogy. MX and GS are very different, but GS almost feels like the quieter, moodier sister album. Both are extremely poppy, electronic, and heavily produced. Listening to them back to back I really felt some similarities, like I was listening to AROBTTH and Parachutes back to back. The sounds are sometimes very different, but lyrically, thematically, atmospherically, they share a lot. If I am right, then LP7 should be another electronic infused album somewhere in the vein of the latter two, similar to X&Y in that it pushes the sound further but still isn't all that different.

I feel like LP7 will most certainly be electronic like GS. A lot of people on these forums have talked about Coldplay albums in pairs or in trilogies. If I was to look at their discography this way, it would make sense to me that Parachutes, AROBTTH, and X&Y are a trilogy, VLV is the creative stepping stone and oddball, and MX, GS and LP7 will form another trilogy. Follow me here:

There is no doubting that every album has a distinct flavour, but for the most part, their first three were strong alternative rock/pop albums. Almost all the songs followed Chris' piano or acoustic guitar, Jonny's electric, Guy's Bass and Will's drumming. Very rarely did they step outside this box. Sonically, some of these albums might be louder or flashier then the last, but overall they have a progression of a trilogy.

Viva La Vida doesn't fit into the mix. The sounds are more worldy, diverse, non-traditional. A lot of songs on this record broke from the formula that domintated the previous albums. I personally think this was Coldplay's most experimental and creative album, a stepping stone into more electronic ventures, another three albums.

And now we are reaching the end of that trilogy. MX and GS are very different, but GS almost feels like the quieter, moodier sister album. Both are extremely poppy, electronic, and heavily produced. Listening to them back to back I really felt some similarities, like I was listening to AROBTTH and Parachutes back to back. The sounds are sometimes very different, but lyrically, thematically, atmospherically, they share a lot. If I am right, then LP7 should be another electronic infused album somewhere in the vein of the latter two, similar to X&Y in that it pushes the sound further but still isn't all that different.

I agree 100% except id say MX was more like X&Y since it was a massive over powered version of Coldplay's electronic era. I'd say this will be there AROBTTH album of this era. The most rounded out version. Hopefully the best.