• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mylo Xyloto = X&Y? woooooow

separately world

Well, I had to make that relation because I see MX more like X&Y than AROBTTH, but not in terms of music. So maybe in terms of being a little more "bombastic". And the most similar to GS is Parachutes, so... what's left? LP7 being the new AROBTTH. But hey, I don't mind at all if I'm wrong and LP7 becomes the new X&Y, because in fact I have said before that's the route I would want them to go.

Ghost Stories = Parachutes from the new era

Mylo Xyloto = X&Y from the new era

LP7 = AROBTTH from the new era

Viva la Vida was like their "Achtung Baby", like a point of reflexion.

I hope this is true! When listening to each album it definitely feels this way!!

I think LP7 will be a good indicator of what we should expect from Coldplay's future. I'm not too sure they're capable of making another AROBTTH OR VIVA.

Im hoping they make something brilliant, but if not, oh well. I'll come around to loving anything they put out.

I think we're trying too hard to see patterns. It'll be what it'll be.

But as Chris implied it's probably going to be HUGE.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

Yea I think your right there. It will probably be completely different from the other albums but Im positive it will be a bigger sounding album

Just throwing it out there... The tourbook/digital notes that came with MX/It's tour have "Myloxylotwo" written in several places. That'd be an interesting "end" to "a story", as it has been hinted towards. I wonder...

Just throwing it out there... The tourbook/digital notes that came with MX/It's tour have "Myloxylotwo" written in several places. That'd be an interesting "end" to "a story", as it has been hinted towards. I wonder...

Oohhhh I never noticed that before... I think having a second part to an album is heaps cool, I don't mind what they do it too as long as they did it right!

And for the people saying they want VIVA Pt2, isn't Prospekts March sort of that?

It seems possible to me

I would like to see coldplay do something like Ben Howard's new tracks ''I forget where we were'' and ''End of the affair''. Or better even, them working together on a semi-dark electric guitar driven track. Violet hill vs. Oats in the water :)

Bring that on !

GS is now my fav Coldplay album, it's really a great and almost 100% perfect album.

Songs like AIMH,INK,TL,AA are very strong and fantastic tracks, i want to hear more like those minimalistic electronic tracks from them. AIMH is now my fav Coldplay song also.

Anybody think we will be getting something new during one of the upcoming shows?

I personally dont think so ....I still whole-heartedly think after iHeartRadio and maybe the rumoured 2-3 other shows in the States ...I think the LP7 single will come out around end Oct with the new album to be out 25th Nov and then that should bring us to them touring in 2015 I think starting in May....perfect time for festival season then regular stadiums/arenas etc. I could be totally wrong, I just think this is gonna happen with hearing Chris speak over the last month or so

^It'd be a first for Coldplay, but then again Ghost Stories was really about and for Chris, not to diminish it, but it seems that it wasn't really "planned". Sort of an album that they had to do and tried to incorporate it into the musical direction they wanted to take. LP7 would be more of a "regular" album, at least less focused on Chris. I bet they have tons of new songs that they wrote while making GS (or around that time), but that didn't fit (because of the particular nature of this album) and that they left out. If they start working on LP7 soon, it could be ready in early 2015 I guess. They're not the kind of band to rush things, but if they already have some unfinished material that they want to work on, it's realistic to think they could release 2 albums in less than a year. Also, I think the mini GS tour got them eager to properly tour again :D

^It'd be a first for Coldplay, but then again Ghost Stories was really about and for Chris, not to diminish it, but it seems that it wasn't really "planned". Sort of an album that they had to do and tried to incorporate it into the musical direction they wanted to take. LP7 would be more of a "regular" album, at least less focused on Chris. I bet they have tons of new songs that they wrote while making GS (or around that time), but that didn't fit (because of the particular nature of this album) and that they left out. If they start working on LP7 soon, it could be ready in early 2015 I guess. They're not the kind of band to rush things, but if they already have some unfinished material that they want to work on, it's realistic to think they could release 2 albums in less than a year. Also, I think the mini GS tour got them eager to properly tour again :D

Plus, we can't be mad at them for recording too much songs ! haha I'd rather get loads of new material rather than nothing during 3 years

I personally dont think so ....I still whole-heartedly think after iHeartRadio and maybe the rumoured 2-3 other shows in the States ...I think the LP7 single will come out around end Oct with the new album to be out 25th Nov and then that should bring us to them touring in 2015 I think starting in May....perfect time for festival season then regular stadiums/arenas etc. I could be totally wrong, I just think this is gonna happen with hearing Chris speak over the last month or so

Ahhh it would be awesome if they released a new album on 25th November, my Birthday's on the 26th! I don't feel like they will release a new album this year though, as much as I'd love new material and shows x

Well, since we presumably have a while to wait, we might as well speculate and imagine something!! How do you want the LP7 era to look visually? (Album cover, stage themes, outfits etc??)

It seems we have already got it all: plain, soft indie nature of Parachutes, vivid Blacks and Whites of AROBTTH, the dark codified, yet vibrancy of X&Y, the classic grandiose splattered anew with modern art of Viva, MX's euphoric explosion of dystopic spray paint, and finally GS's etched in hazy blue symbolism and simple conceptual beauty. Of course, this isn't to mention the many singles that have ranged from paintings (Christmas Lights) to photography (shiver, yellow)

What could be next?

Well, since we presumably have a while to wait, we might as well speculate and imagine something!! How do you want the LP7 era to look visually? (Album cover, stage themes, outfits etc??)

It seems we have already got it all: plain, soft indie nature of Parachutes, vivid Blacks and Whites of AROBTTH, the dark codified, yet vibrancy of X&Y, the classic grandiose splattered anew with modern art of Viva, MX's euphoric explosion of dystopic spray paint, and finally GS's etched in hazy blue symbolism and simple conceptual beauty. Of course, this isn't to mention the many singles that have ranged from paintings (Christmas Lights) to photography (shiver, yellow)

What could be next?

We haven't seen anything that's "technology" or "digital". Something like the green symbols in The Matrix and Daft Punk combined. Wouldn't that be interesting?