✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

edit: anyone else's multiquote button not working?

mine doesn't..

anyway, i'm convinced too that we'll get something before or at the iheartradio gig. there is no way this is a sort of one-off show. not their crowd, not their preferred media entity. we'll get one (or more) new songs, but the question is when. there was a lot of noise around today/tomorrow, but not a peep from the band so far..

Guest diogo_sg

This is so exciting!!

My guess: they'll play something new at the iHeart Festival and they'll release it officially after.

My wish: they'll post a gif someday soon and release a single three days after.

"I live to see the world"

This is so exciting!!

My guess: they'll play something new at the iHeart Festival and they'll release it officially after.

My wish: they'll post a gif someday soon and release a single three days after.

Though I want the second one to be true, I'm going to expect the first one so I'm not disappointed. Although I am already pretty hyped and am expecting something this week because of that damn anon. Where is he/she anyway?...

Guest diogo_sg
Imagine if the single were to come out tomorrow... it'd be Sparky's birthday gift :) I'd be so happy if I got to hear brand new Coldplay on my birthday!

[emoji95] Coldplaying Breakdown [emoji95]

Imagine if the single were to come out tomorrow... it'd be Sparky's birthday gift :) I'd be so happy if I got to hear brand new Coldplay on my birthday!

That would be quite the gift. I remember the music video for ETIAW came out on my birthday and that was awesome. Can't imagine a song being dropped by surprise on my birthday!

Guest diogo_sg
That would be quite the gift. I remember the music video for etiaw came out on my birthday and that was awesome. Can't imagine a song being dropped by surprise on my birthday!

Lucky you!! (I've been saying this a lot here!)

Though I want the second one to be true, I'm going to expect the first one so I'm not disappointed. Although I am already pretty hyped and am expecting something this week because of that damn anon. Where is he/she anyway?...

This is what I think the anon will do:

-If nothing happens, he/she will try to pretend like it was a 'fake' anon masquerading as the original anon

-If something happens, he/she will give us the 'I told you so' spiel and the fandom continues its blind faith of strange, mysterious, internet dwellers.

That would be quite the gift. I remember the music video for ETIAW came out on my birthday and that was awesome. Can't imagine a song being dropped by surprise on my birthday!

I nearly got an entire EP on my birthday back when Prospekt's March dropped :lol:

I'm still holding out hope for some sort of news/release tomorrow. Coldplay never seems to do the things the same way twice, and they've never done an out-of-the-blue drop before, so why not?

If I remember correctly, the first hints of a new album for the MX and GS eras were:

1) The running man video (along with a 30 sec sound clip from M.M.I.X./ETiaW, although the sound was just the background synths I believe)

2) GIF from the Midnight music video

I assume with Viva we found out via Prospekt (or maybe that video with Chris signing "viva la vida" with his hands?), although I wasn't around then so I can't be sure :P

Yeah, I thought that myself. It would be completely out of character for Coldplay to just drop something out of nowhere without some kind of hint or dare I say official announcement. As much as I'd love for the Coldplayer instinct to be true and for us to get a single tomorrow morning I doubt it will happen. I also have similar doubts about this anon and I'm thinking the iHeartradio announcement was purely a coincidence. That also means that European arena tour in November won't be happening either :(

So unless Coldplay go Beyonce we'll probably be waiting until global citizen to hear new material (Which I'm sure we will) That still puts us at a loss to when the album will be released.

Guest diogo_sg
So unless Coldplay go Beyonce we'll probably be waiting until global citizen to hear new material (Which I'm sure we will)

I think we'll get it on the iHeart Festival instead

Remember the anon back in November or December? The stuff they had to say was far too good to be true... now, however, the anonymous "sources" are being much quieter... they aren't hyping us up with track details so they might be slightly more reliable. As valuable as news from an official source is, we can't forget the GS name dropping in January of 2014 and the talk of music videos soon after.

I nearly got an entire EP on my birthday back when Prospekt's March dropped [emoji38]

I'm still holding out hope for some sort of news/release tomorrow. Coldplay never seems to do the things the same way twice, and they've never done an out-of-the-blue drop before, so why not?

If I remember correctly, the first hints of a new album for the MX and GS eras were:

1) The running man video (along with a 30 sec sound clip from M.M.I.X./ETiaW, although the sound was just the background synths I believe)

2) GIF from the Midnight music video

I assume with Viva we found out via Prospekt (or maybe that video with Chris signing "viva la vida" with his hands?), although I wasn't around then so I can't be sure [emoji14]

That would have been even better! And great points. They always change they way they do things. I feel like with this being a final chapter of some sort with them putting everything they have into it, why not just drop it randomly without warning. I like building hype, but I would be super excited if I woke up and looked at my phone to see a new single has dropped, or even the album for that matter. That would be a crazy moment and definitely a very rememberable one as well.

Guest diogo_sg
Remember the anon back in November or December? The stuff they had to say was far too good to be true... now, however, the anonymous "sources" are being much quieter... they aren't hyping us up with track details so they might be slightly more reliable. As valuable as news from an official source is, we can't forget the GS name dropping in January of 2014 and the talk of music videos soon after.

Can't something like that happen again?! Jeez!!

the thing is, with GS there was a lot more going on. the concerts, random sightings of coldplay filming, constant sightings of the band both sides of the pond and even a picture of the whole band chilling outside a recording studio. but right now, there is very little to go by. other than jonny going with chris to a couple of acoustic charity gigs, nothing of the rest of the band.

Very true. I remember thinking "that would be a cool title, but don't think it's it." And sure enough it was.

actually GS title wasn't an anon. it was a random guy tweeting saying that he was in a flight with chris and moses and overheard chris saying this to his son. originally he tweeted NME with this info if i remember correctly.