✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Guest diogo_sg

I know, I know... I should be hanged for that, I know...

Buuuut, I was only talking about the AHFOD music videos. I wasn't the one that started reviewing the older ones

"I live to see the world"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To put this (sort of) back on topic:

If the bright, colorful, and happy themes of AHFoD turn out to be true, I think we'll get some videos in the vein of ETiaW, Speed of Sound, and Lovers in Japan. Lots of bright colors and energy. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a video that started as black and white, and then gradually became more colorful as the song progresses into a full-band jam-out.

If I were REALLY optimistic, I would hold out for a run of Strawberry Swing-like videos, but that's probably not going to happen :lol:

I hate try and predict, but I for some reason have a decent feeling about this Monday/this week.

This Monday wouldn't be a bad time to pay extra attention to Coldplay news outlets.

Coldplay.com

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Tidal

Apple Music

ColdplayAtlas

Coldplaying.com

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99898-LP7-quot-A-Head-Full-Of-Dreams-quot?p=5726062&viewfull=1#post5726062

^sum: anon said within 2-3 weeks. Monday marks the start of the 3rd week.

But I remember the band usually like to do a thing where they tease on Friday, and make us wait the weekend before dropping it on us on the Monday. Perhaps they'll forgo the tease and go straight for the drop? Who knows?

Guest diogo_sg
To put this (sort of) back on topic:

If the bright, colorful, and happy themes of AHFoD turn out to be true, I think we'll get some videos in the vein of ETiaW, Speed of Sound, and Lovers in Japan. Lots of bright colors and energy. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a video that started as black and white, and then gradually became more colorful as the song progresses into a full-band jam-out.

If I were REALLY optimistic, I would hold out for a run of Strawberry Swing-like videos, but that's probably not going to happen [emoji38]

Yes!! I want colorful, energetic AND creative videos!! I want them to revolutionize the music video industry again!!

Guest diogo_sg
This Monday wouldn't be a bad time to pay extra attention to Coldplay news outlets.

Coldplay.com

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Tidal

Apple Music

ColdplayAtlas

Coldplaying.com

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99898-LP7-quot-A-Head-Full-Of-Dreams-quot?p=5726062&viewfull=1#post5726062

^sum: anon said within 2-3 weeks. Monday marks the start of the 3rd week.

But I remember the band usually like to do a thing where they tease on Friday, and make us wait the weekend before dropping it on us on the Monday. Perhaps they'll forgo the tease and go straight for the drop? Who knows?

We need to have a teaser imo. It's when the excitement gets to the limit!! [emoji1]

Does this album even have any buzz outside of the fandom? This is the second article I've read this week about upcoming releases and there's no mention of Coldplay http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/new-fall-music-includes-albums-janet-jackson-prince-article-1.2322413

And yes, this is a big and respected source of news not a random blog. The other article was from HitsDailyDouble (another big music site)

I hope everything changes with the release of the new single and promo.

Hmmm.. Guys you're all getting my hopes up so much. Gonna be quite the let down if this isn't the week we get, at least some solid news..

I've been of that mindset for the longest time. But if this doesn't pan out, then the alternate plan is just to wait a short while for with the first appearance @ iHeart in Las Vegas in ~ month.

Guest diogo_sg
Does this album even have any buzz outside of the fandom? This is the second article I've read this week about upcoming releases and there's no mention of Coldplay http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/new-fall-music-includes-albums-janet-jackson-prince-article-1.2322413

And yes, this is a big and respected source of news not a random blog. The other article was from HitsDailyDouble (another big music site)

I hope everything changes with the release of the new single and promo.

WTF?! They talk about fu*king Harry Styles but don't mention Coldplay?? What the hell is wrong with the world?!

I think Adele hasn't said anything about her next album as well but they talk about her!

I've been of that mindset for the longest time. But if this doesn't pan out, then the alternate plan is just to wait a short while for with the first appearance @ iHeart in Las Vegas in ~ month.

Exactly. Even if they don't drop anything or play any new songs at the festival, we will at least get to see Coldplay in the stage again! Been some time since we last saw them.

When will the single drop, then?

I personally think that if we don't see anything tomorrow or in the coming weeks, we will see something immediately following the festival. Chris could say something like "We are playing a brand new song that will be up for download after our performance tonight" or something along those lines. I don't know how they are gonna go about it this time. They could announce it a head of time like with Atlas, they could tease it like with ETIAW or Midnight, or they could do something completely new and just post the entire song and have it up for download without any warning. Your guess is a good as mine. (I know that puns been used a million times, but felt obligated to say it lol).

I personally think that if we don't see anything tomorrow or in the coming weeks, we will see something immediately following the festival.

I don't know about that. It just doesn't make sense for them to have their first gig of the new era, and NOT play the new song that they wanna show everyone. Either they have a new single and are gonna play it live or they don't have anything for us for a long time.

Coldplay performing at iHeartRadio without a new single will be the most pointless thing they've ever done in their career. They were just there last year. Something must come out before the festival. It doesn't make sense to take time off from recording to go perform a 20min set.

PS: Dont they usually update their website before a new era?

Or do you think they'll just add a new item to the timeline?

I don't know about that. It just doesn't make sense for them to have their first gig of the new era, and NOT play the new song that they wanna show everyone. Either they have a new single and are gonna play it live or they don't have anything for us for a long time.

No I meant that they will play the new single, but won't officially release it til after the festival. I am willing to bet my life that they will play something new at the festival. Only question is, will we here something before then? I think we will.

Coldplay performing at iHeartRadio without a new single will be the most pointless thing they've ever done in their career. They were just there last year. Something must come out before the festival. It doesn't make sense to take time off from recording to go perform a 20min set.

That's exactly what I said. If this were the case, why skip Glastonbury this past year? They wouldn't just play a festival for the hell of it, especially one like this. They definitely have something. I think we could see a similar thing with the iTunes festival from last year, where they announced they were playing it and we all were expecting new songs and that's where they debuted a lot of them. Then we got the album two months later.

They did update the website recently. Well, it's no longer the GS theme. They did say this current theme isn't exactly the theme for LP7, but I would imagine its similar in the clean, minimalistic, colourful visuals

No I meant that they will play the new single, but won't officially release it til after the festival. I am willing to bet my life that they will play something new at the festival. Only question is, will we here something before then? I think we will.

Oh, I understand a bit better now. Yeah, I would lean towards them doing something before the show. But even if they don't, they're likely to play it AT the show(s) instead. I can stand to wait another month before virtually guaranteed Coldplay material

edit: anyone else's multiquote button not working?

They did update the website recently. Well, it's no longer the GS theme. They did say this current theme isn't exactly the theme for LP7, but I would imagine its similar in the clean, minimalistic, colourful visuals

Oh, I understand a bit better now. Yeah, I would lean towards them doing something before the show. But even if they don't, they're likely to play it AT the show(s) instead. I can stand to wait another month before virtually guaranteed Coldplay material

edit: anyone else's multiquote button not working?

Yeah it can get a bit confusing and challenging trying to put my thoughts to words haha. Sorry for the confusion and yeah if there isn't a new song before the festival, we will hear one there for sure.