✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I really don't expect a new single this year. That one might come early next year or they may drop it by midyear (before the festivals). I also haven't got any clue on LP7's progress because there's no reliable news about it yet (even though we all know that they are already working on it as Chris revealed on an interview by Zane Lowe before the release of Ghost Stories).

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i stay out of touch with coldplay news for about 6 months and now finally hear about lp7 stuff!!

So no tour till after lp7, New album within the ned 12 months?

Actually, there is nothing concrete yet about LP7. Everything so far has been deduced from rumours and previous band history. If that qualifies as news, then we're actually been hearing about LP7 news since around the Zane interviews.

'No tour till after LP7' is up in the air since there's talk of festival participation around summertime 2015. In that case, it wouldn't be out of the question if Coldplay return to the public stage with some festivals featuring LP7 material (like they did for MX, see below).

------------------------------------------

Rock Im Park festival (first Coldplay appearance of MX era) - June 2011

First Coldplay show of MXtour - October 1 2011

MX album release date - October 19 2011

-------------------------------------------

Assuming rumours are accurate (which is a leap of faith in itself), saying the new album within 12 months is a rough ballpark.

Taking all rumours as fact, the earliest date given was in November. Taking previous history as a guide, we could also be sitting for 12-16 months.

I really hope it's not a whole MX thing again with the festivals. I feel as though it kind of ruined MX for me before it came out. Like with the iTunes festival this year it was fine because we had already heard 2 singles and then another 2 new ones and that was cool. But not half the album gone on a live festival audio quality. That's my opinon

I really hope it's not a whole MX thing again with the festivals. I feel as though it kind of ruined MX for me before it came out. Like with the iTunes festival this year it was fine because we had already heard 2 singles and then another 2 new ones and that was cool. But not half the album gone on a live festival audio quality. That's my opinon

I got your point. It would be better if they release LP7 ahead of the festivals if they are planning to include most of its songs in their set lists.

I'd love for Coldplay to dive into a more classical sound like "Famous Old Painters" and "Postcards From Far Away"! Although if also like to see them tackle a more indie folk album as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, i think you have the wrong band. "Psychological trauma/nightmareish dark"? While that sounds great, that's like Kid A Radiohead mixed with Nirvana. I can't see Coldplay going anywhere near there after MX and Ghost Stories, especially since this album is supposed to be celebratory.

I was hoping that this new album would be so good that it could compete with VLVODAAHF. It could have a variety of new sounds. Some songs could be really deep and dark. I mean DARK. Like psychological trauma/nightmareish dark instead of just songs about relationship issues or being lost and incomplete. Some songs could be upbeat and lively, like strawberry swing, and some could be relaxed and chilled out. But everything has to flow and almost tell a story.

Awww yeah. That would be awesome if they just came out with something extremely creepy (: I am thinking stuff like a combination Where Is My Boy, Cemeteries in London, Midnight and A Whisper, Major Minus, A Spell A Rebel Yell!! Crying guitars, pulsing electronics, minor chords plucked on an acoustic, punk-fast metal drumming, funky fuzzy basslines, throbbing and hypnotic. That is my dream. VLV really balanced some darkish themes but kept things pretty fun and poppy at times. Ever since then the themes in songs have been soooo cut and dry. One song is happy, the next sad. You're in love, you're out of love. Moody or fun. And while MX and GS are great, don't get me wrong, they really serve up some complex or interesting emotions.

Yeah sadly I don't think they will go back to rock for a while yet at least. LP7 will probably be pop, and like said before, I wouldn't be surprised with MX2 or something similar too it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if after LP7 they go on a hiatus for a while. Because Chris was saying about LP7 is like the finishing of a story so after LPs Tour, they might decided to take a little break. To be honest I hope they don't but they could you never know