✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

^We haven't heard too much about this recently, but yes they were rumoured to be one of three artists who were asked to "pay to play" the supberbowl. While I don't think that they will end up playing the halftime show, you make a good point.

The primary reason any artist plays the Superbowl is to promote upcoming tours, which is exactly what Bruno Mars did last year. And I think it is safe to also presume that if they have an upcoming world tour, that there will be a new record. So if we hear about who is playing the Superbowl soon (which they should decide on soon) and if it is Coldplay, that would be a really good indicator of new material at least around February, before or after.

Edit: I also should add: very rarely do single artists perform anymore. Usually multiple groups of similar genres like to play together..which makes me wonder...Maybe Coldplay will play with Rihanna? This would make it less expensive for both artists to "pay to play" and they have already shown the can perform together. They could play PoC, some Rihanna songs, a Coldplay hit like Clocks or Viva, and then maybe an LP7 track that features RiRi. Thoughts anyone?

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i saw a video clip this week where katy perry said she won't pay to play the superbowl on tv. i hope coldplay wouldn't pay to play. and i think they have the sense not to. coldplay would loose a lot of respect from people if they choose to. anyway, i think it is safe to say that this pay to play idea wouldn't go anywhere. how obnoxious of nfl to come up with this?

anyway, i do agree if coldplay is to play the superbowl, that would mean lp7 is around the corner.

Just one last word regarding the next superbowl, which it due to be played on Feb 1st according to a quick wiki search. Not sure how much Coldplaying is into American Football and the NFL or sports in general, but the NFL is currently going through a very touchy time right now with assault charges and domestic violence this and battery that. I'm not big on the NFL myself, but I do know enough about it being a general sports fan. And I understand that the NFL is arguably the biggest of the Big 4 sports in NA, and with that comes a lot of power. But given the current climate of the NFL, asking artists to pay to play the halftime show may be the wrong play here.

Anyways, I understand the connection being made between the Superbowl and LP7, but we have another thread for the halftime show already.

Edit: I also should add: very rarely do single artists perform anymore. Usually multiple groups of similar genres like to play together..which makes me wonder...Maybe Coldplay will play with Rihanna? This would make it less expensive for both artists to "pay to play" and they have already shown the can perform together. They could play PoC, some Rihanna songs, a Coldplay hit like Clocks or Viva, and then maybe an LP7 track that features RiRi. Thoughts anyone?

? Similar genre: Rihanna/Coldplay!? Im not following here.

No more POC plse :(

- - - - - -

Anyway, back to LP7. I think its really cool that Chris has been performing now twice with the kings of leon. The piano on the Talihina song sounds so wonderful. :)

Just a thought, could J.Lawrence be an influence in some way.. I read that her favourite bands are the black keys and mumford & sons. I believe Gwyneth was much more into popular music. I dont know how much effect a woman can have on CM but Jennifer might push chris a little towards his alternative songwriting side.

Just thinking...LP7 how awesome would it be to have the grunge guitar of Santana, the exquisite Bass of Primus, and the drums of Black Sabbath....some real gruntal rock (not sure if gruntal is even a word)....and the piano of Mozart of course..

Is this realistic thinking? :p

Atlas Project ‏@ColdplayAtlas 2m2 minutes ago

.@Daniela_chuck sure. Two German fans saw Chris arrive at their London studio today. They were too far away to make any verbal contact.

and

Katja ‏@inlovewithcp 1m1 minute ago

@ColdplayAtlas @Daniela_chuck no! They met Will and Chris now!

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

ARE THEY IN LONDON NOW?

WHAT

What about what they reported is news to anyone? 'Coldplay is recording LP7', well no shit. LP6/GS era is all but over so clearly they would be working on LP7....

...and #confirmed ? How about #proveit, y'know, before you have to be asked by someone to prove it?

What about what they reported is news to anyone? 'Coldplay is recording LP7', well no shit. LP6/GS era is all but over so clearly they would be working on LP7....

...and #confirmed ? How about #proveit, y'know, before you have to be asked by someone to prove it?

it was me btw that asked him to prove it ahahahhahaha