✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

LP7 will most likely be very similar to MX but with EDM elements incorporated. Chris Martin is a genius at creating beautiful melodies but where MX really disappointed was the instrumentation, production and execution of the songs. So the album ended up being another mediocre pop record. Ghost Stories suffered from weaknesses too in that once again it lacked the sound most people look for in a Coldplay album and the lyrics were just terrible.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be an album indistinguishable from MX. So they need to acknowledge all that was wrong with that album and try to produce something a lot better.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LP7 will most likely be very similar to MX but with EDM elements incorporated. Chris Martin is a genius at creating beautiful melodies but where MX really disappointed was the instrumentation, production and execution of the songs. So the album ended up being another mediocre pop record. Ghost Stories suffered from weaknesses too in that once again it lacked the sound most people look for in a Coldplay album and the lyrics were just terrible.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be an album indistinguishable from MX. So they need to acknowledge all that was wrong with that album and try to produce something a lot better.

Well.. at the time when mx came out they were still trying to compete with bands who in there mind already released their 'top' album.. which apparently they didnt do yet.. (? Rush of blood guys?) and they still wanted to be better, make better music.

Although, mx does not exactly represent that, but ok.

Now i'm not so sure what their drive is. They dont really care about what anyone thinks. Sounds strange to me. How can you not care about what your fans think.. people that have been listening/suppporting for years.

They seem to now care most about their big stadium shows, having fun and also they like to make their kids happy with their music. And and.. they seem to be inspired mostly now by top 40 rihanna & the rest. This it what tells me: at this point in their careers there will be at least one other happy poppy overproduced album.

Oh btw: oohh please nooo more edm! Thank you!

If I can have a little say about the next step, then the best thing would be: strip down the production.. raw & pure.

Live they can still do whatever they want with it, make it bigger sounding etc.. surprise the audience.

GS was a bit stripped down and acoustic... Get ready for poppy songs again lol. But yes Chris and the band does not care what people think although I think he mainly means people who are not CP fans. Outside of ASFOS, I saw GS as a calm, soothing album. There's definitely a calm becore the storm right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sooo, why are some of us so sure that EDM will make an appearance in LP7? Just because they happen to do it on the previous album, for 1 friggin song? The only way I see ppl arguing for this is if they make the connection between LP7 reportedly being poppier and EDM being a poppier genre. But there are things besides EDM that they can delve into that could still make it poppy. Iunno, i'm just not as sold on that opinion as others, and i'm not as 'fear mongering' either lol

Now i'm not so sure what their drive is. They dont really care about what anyone thinks. Sounds strange to me. How can you not care about what your fans think.. people that have been listening/suppporting for years.

They seem to now care most about their big stadium shows, having fun and also they like to make their kids happy with their music.

I've often wondered about this myself. Of course their main drive is their willingness to keep making music as a band. But as for how decisions get made on where to take their music I'm not sure. In the old days with Parachutes and AROBTTH they didn't particularly try to go in one direction or another; it was just four guys playing and creating whatever came through, and you could obviously hear that purity in the music. But after Viva things changed of course. I get the sense they're trying too hard to say something with their music now which isn't necessary at all if you just want to make a great rock album.

I've often wondered about this myself. Of course their main drive is their willingness to keep making music as a band. But as for how decisions get made on where to take their music I'm not sure. In the old days with Parachutes and AROBTTH they didn't particularly try to go in one direction or another; it was just four guys playing and creating whatever came through, and you could obviously hear that purity in the music. But after Viva things changed of course. I get the sense they're trying too hard to say something with their music now which isn't necessary at all if you just want to make a great rock album.

Everyone percieves things differently. In my opinion, Chris' indifferentness can bring positive aspects into their music. In art, when you don't care about criticism, you express yourself more freely. There is no fear of letting show all your emotions and ideas and thus, your work becomes raw and powerful. I worry for other things, like lack of ideas and inspiration.

Okay, ColdplayAtlas and ColdplayPoland have just posted this:

Byo-rgLCAAAyxlr.jpg

What do we think? Legit or fake? I'm not so sure.

If this is legit, the release date of LP7 could be similar to that of MX (if they play a number of festivals first before launching the official tour) or maybe earlier (if they release the album before going on tour).

I hope they don't reveal too many new songs because by the time MX came out there were only like two songs out of the fourteen we didn't hear yet.

I couldn't agree more. Considering how much of the album got played during the festival run, they might as well have already released MX.

I still believe in my theory of new album in December or January. February as too late.

And looking at the MX Pop-Up things again, I really hope Car Kids, Golden Arrow and Tomorrow will be part of LP7, presumably Myloxylotwo (being named this way or not, but also the musical style). I don't know about other rumoured songs, but especially the titles of these three can be seen all around the album art, so I think they have a meaning, they are important and they will come true.

I still believe in my theory of new album in December or January. February as too late.

And looking at the MX Pop-Up things again, I really hope Car Kids, Golden Arrow and Tomorrow will be part of LP7, presumably Myloxylotwo (being named this way or not, but also the musical style). I don't know about other rumoured songs, but especially the titles of these three can be seen all around the album art, so I think they have a meaning, they are important and they will come true.

^^

I love this idea and if they continue with Ocean type songs, All Your Friends, Ghost Story, Always In My Head, Major Minus , Cemeteries Of London kind of songs. Always love those angry guitar songs, where the whole band are equals in the sounds. More bass and drums especially.