✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about some 70-80s feel to it like The Killers album Battleborn. I feel like they should experiment with something else other than orchestral elements. It would be interesting

I could go for a good 80's vibe! A ton of popular bands have been taking this route recently and I generally like the resurgence. A lot of Coldplay's inspirations come from the 80's, with fun and basic synths and atmospheres, cheesy piano and guitar. I think they could pull it off well!

Just listened to 42 and realized (one more time) how amazing it is. It has a perfect mix of everything. More guitars on LP7 please.

After years and years of debating what my favourite Coldplay song is, 42 always ends up on top. It is absolutely perfect for the reasons you describe. The song is original and beautiful, and the funk, shoegaze middle is one of my favourite instrumentals of all time, from any band (and I usually wouldn't expect this from Coldplay, save a few tracks.) The end of course, with Jonny and Chris dueling guitar and piano solos has to be the biggest soul lifter ever. ahhhh. The good old days... I want more guitars too, but used differently, in ways we haven't seen before. Maybe Ghost Story as a B-side showed us where they might go?

Their B-sides have sometimes hinted at where their interest might be heading, in my opinion. Prospekt's March has hints of MX in it, while some of the AROBTTH era b-sides were heavier and poppier like X&Y. Moving To Mars even has that offbeat electronic, darker tint to it that we got in Ghost Stories. (maybe I am stretching here a bit.)

I could go for a good 80's vibe! A ton of popular bands have been taking this route recently and I generally like the resurgence. A lot of Coldplay's inspirations come from the 80's, with fun and basic synths and atmospheres, cheesy piano and guitar. I think they could pull it off well!

After years and years of debating what my favourite Coldplay song is, 42 always ends up on top. It is absolutely perfect for the reasons you describe. The song is original and beautiful, and the funk, shoegaze middle is one of my favourite instrumentals of all time, from any band (and I usually wouldn't expect this from Coldplay, save a few tracks.) The end of course, with Jonny and Chris dueling guitar and piano solos has to be the biggest soul lifter ever. ahhhh. The good old days... I want more guitars too, but used differently, in ways we haven't seen before. Maybe Ghost Story as a B-side showed us where they might go?

Their B-sides have sometimes hinted at where their interest might be heading, in my opinion. Prospekt's March has hints of MX in it, while some of the AROBTTH era b-sides were heavier and poppier like X&Y. Moving To Mars even has that offbeat electronic, darker tint to it that we got in Ghost Stories. (maybe I am stretching here a bit.)

That's a good point about their B-Sides pointing to future content. There were only three B-sides for Ghost Stories. All Your Friends, Ghost Story, and O (Reprise). If we examine these three carefully, wr can find that all contain heavy guitar and that 70-80-late 90s vibe (Especially in All Your Friends). So we may be seeing a AROBTTH 2.0 with some 70s-80s-90s electronic influence twist they learned in Viva, MX, and GS. Now this is exciting. I'm up for a Warning Sign, Amsterdam, or The Scientist 2.0 with that kind of twist.

So I have been thinking about something Chris made mention of in regards to LP7...

He said in some interview, and I'll find it if you need clarification, that LP7 was going to be an ending to a journey. Now hear me out on this.....

Not including Parachutes, but the bulk of the songs Chris has written he wrote while either dating or married to his wife. The songs are mostly about her, dont go all mental, I said mostly, if you read the lyrics, most are about someone cheating, dying, depressed, not really knowing which way to lead you forward as the past holds you back etc.....

and lets be honest, LP7 was written a while ago, he made mention that when they were writing for LP7, Ghost Stories slipped out and had to be made first while LP7 was put on hold....

Now, my thinking is this...LP7 will be the last in a journey to Chris as it will be the last album to be written when Chris is with his wife and still a part his world. Whether LP7 is a celebrational album or a combination of what we come to know as a Coldplay song and what ASFOS is, that remains to be seen

I think LP8 will be the first on a new journey, as that will be written without the strife/angst/drama that he has been going through a nice bulky part of his life as he and the wife are no longer together.

I could be totally over thinking, but to me, thats what I think he meant when he said LP7 is the end of the story he was trying to tell...Chris likes to talk in riddles a lot, so thats my theory

So I have been thinking about something Chris made mention of in regards to LP7...

He said in some interview, and I'll find it if you need clarification, that LP7 was going to be an ending to a journey. Now hear me out on this.....

Not including Parachutes, but the bulk of the songs Chris has written he wrote while either dating or married to his wife. The songs are mostly about her, dont go all mental, I said mostly, if you read the lyrics, most are about someone cheating, dying, depressed, not really knowing which way to lead you forward as the past holds you back etc.....

and lets be honest, LP7 was written a while ago, he made mention that when they were writing for LP7, Ghost Stories slipped out and had to be made first while LP7 was put on hold....

Now, my thinking is this...LP7 will be the last in a journey to Chris as it will be the last album to be written when Chris is with his wife and still a part his world. Whether LP7 is a celebrational album or a combination of what we come to know as a Coldplay song and what ASFOS is, that remains to be seen

I think LP8 will be the first on a new journey, as that will be written without the strife/angst/drama that he has been going through a nice bulky part of his life as he and the wife are no longer together.

I could be totally over thinking, but to me, thats what I think he meant when he said LP7 is the end of the story he was trying to tell...Chris likes to talk in riddles a lot, so thats my theory

I actually found out that Mila Furstova started working on the artowrk of GS in late 2012, that means that his problems with Gwen were at least from 2011, so whats the point of writing something in 2015 that is from 4 years ago? We know Chris writes stuff that its true to him, and i dont think that something he wrote in 2011 its true to him in 2015. So i think LP7 will be something completely different from the first project they had about it

I like that theory Greengoose. You obviously have thought about it. So now I'm thinking aloud...

Ummm ... now I sorta think I just want to skip LP7 and get straight into LP8!!

Farrrrkkk...I do realise this would sort of be like not honouring a certain chapter... So as long as there is honesty, transparency & soul in their music.

I actually found out that Mila Furstova started working on the artowrk of GS in late 2012, that means that his problems with Gwen were at least from 2011, so whats the point of writing something in 2015 that is from 4 years ago? We know Chris writes stuff that its true to him, and i dont think that something he wrote in 2011 its true to him in 2015. So i think LP7 will be something completely different from the first project they had about it

His problems with GP started long before 2011 lol I think the real serious ones came out in 2008 when she lost their 3rd child in miscarriage tbh

My thinking is the writing for LP7 was prob about 70% done back in 2012/2013 then Ghost Stories came forward and had to be made, so since LP7 was put on hold back in that time, those songs are still written, just now getting their debut...so its not like he is writing new ones now per se, its those songs were already done for the most part, and just had to be shelved while GS popped out

As I said before, just my opnion and I am prob thinking way too hard on this, but oh well lol

i don't remember chris saying that another lp was written and shelved to make GS. i remember him mentioning specific songs being shelved for later since they were "too upbeat" for GS, like the song madeon originally worked on. GS seems like it has been a long time coming. with songs being written over at least 2 years with ASFOS seemingly being written the last (last december according to the sky arts making of interview).

and regarding releasing songs written 2 years ago, i doubt that it will be so. maybe some songs left off GS for thematic mismatches, but i for one would like to get newer songs for sure.

regarding the music itself, we know that madeon worked on a song. and from what we've heard, it's going to be less angsty, more joyful. i think it will have a lot of electronic instrumentation. but hopefully with real drums and guitar work.

also, can i just say that assuming that chris was miserable for the whole of his marriage is just wrong.. we don't know them, so let's not pass judgement..

i don't remember chris saying that another lp was written and shelved to make GS. i remember him mentioning specific songs being shelved for later since they were "too upbeat" for GS, like the song madeon originally worked on. GS seems like it has been a long time coming. with songs being written over at least 2 years with ASFOS seemingly being written the last (last december according to the sky arts making of interview).

and regarding releasing songs written 2 years ago, i doubt that it will be so. maybe some songs left off GS for thematic mismatches, but i for one would like to get newer songs for sure.

regarding the music itself, we know that madeon worked on a song. and from what we've heard, it's going to be less angsty, more joyful. i think it will have a lot of electronic instrumentation. but hopefully with real drums and guitar work.

also, can i just say that assuming that chris was miserable for the whole of his marriage is just wrong.. we don't know them, so let's not pass judgement..

I never said he was miserable and I dont pass judgement onto anyone tbh, all I said was the songs he wrote pertained to a centain type of feeling, whether or not his life in general helped that cause....as I have said and maintained prior, its just an opinion, nothing malicious about it, just something I was thinking about and decided to share, next time I'll know better lol

I never said he was miserable and I dont pass judgement onto anyone tbh, all I said was the songs he wrote pertained to a centain type of feeling, whether or not his life in general helped that cause....as I have said and maintained prior, its just an opinion, nothing malicious about it, just something I was thinking about and decided to share, next time I'll know better lol

hey, didn't mean for you to get offended by my post. as you say, this is just my opinion and this is a message board for discussion. no reason to edit yourself just because one might not agree with you.

:nice: