✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

meh i dont see why they would go for another pop album thats still pretty close to MX (talking about release year), i think they are going to try a new thing again and again, now that i think of it, whats the genre thats really going on? other than EDM and lorde-alike music

What about country? I heard guys like Kenny Chesney are pretty big in the US of A :rolleyes:

Yeah sadly I don't think they will go back to rock for a while yet at least. LP7 will probably be pop, and like said before, I wouldn't be surprised with MX2 or something similar too it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if after LP7 they go on a hiatus for a while. Because Chris was saying about LP7 is like the finishing of a story so after LPs Tour, they might decided to take a little break. To be honest I hope they don't but they could you never know

A hiatus is understandable and acceptable at this point in their career. I think the guys need a break after the release of the next album (next year?) (especially if they go for big anthems and stadium-sized songs for LP7.) They need some time to rest not because of tours or overexposure but for them to think about the next step after that. Maybe they could innovate their sound again to continue growing as a good musician.

I know. I would have gone to a concert and gotten a viva shirt. I would have gotten the actual, physical album instead of the one on ITunes. (I didn't have an Apple ID at the time) I would have seen them get the awards. I would have cried out how proud I was of them.

Also...Do they still sell viva shirts? If they do, I'm buyin'.

If I could build a time machine Viva would be like my #1 motivation.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

meh i dont see why they would go for another pop album thats still pretty close to MX (talking about release year), i think they are going to try a new thing again and again, now that i think of it, whats the genre thats really going on? other than EDM and lorde-alike music

Folky stuff seems like a pretty big thing too.

I meant if you compare the two albums.

Well I guess there are two ways of looking at quantity on an album.

#1 - let's add another song to hopefully fix this album, aka X&Y (don't get me wrong, I love the album)

#2 - oh wow, we have so many awesome songs we need to make an EP with extras because they're also just too awesome to not be heard, aka VLV

I agree with you in the sense that I don't want another X&Y. I would like another Viva though, even if the album itself has a little more songs than usual.

off top a little, but this was posted on the crowd funded exeter gig thread:

Coldplay are a hugely popular band that receive requests daily from fans all over the world for them to come and perform in their city. We received some information which could suggest they're already planning a 2015/2016 tour whereby their agent will work with a specific team on booking pre determined locations.

so this is another indication of lp7 release and a big tour coming our way next year!

I don´t think so. Yes, there were some very pop-oriented songs on the last two albums in collaboration with other artists (and I´m sure that´s something the company is pushing them to do) but there will be a time they WILL get back to their roots. Muse is doing the same right now... orienting back to very heavy rock music for the 2nd Law successor.

I don´t think so. Yes, there were some very pop-oriented songs on the last two albums in collaboration with other artists (and I´m sure that´s something the company is pushing them to do) but there will be a time they WILL get back to their roots. Muse is doing the same right now... orienting back to very heavy rock music for the 2nd Law successor.

In you i have trust :p

The company pushing them to work with avicii? Nahh..

but about their roots: i dont know how that will happen in the next few years. They look at music in a different way now. They are writing the next album with the next big tour in mind, which will have to be entertaining and fun.

If they keep on listening and be inspired by top40 music, they will not become more alternative. There really first has to change something here. I never hear chris talk about any upcoming songwriter/band. Its always about what cool now, what big, popular with young people. (Which i find so zzzz)

Maybe when they are really getting older, the kids are older.. they realise they want to go down in history with some more mature music.

Dont really listen to Muse, but i know theyre not a band thats become more of a pop act. Theyve always been alternative.. right?

You´re right... Muse still is alternative and have a different approach to their music. Perhaps I´m just optimistic that Coldplay one day will return with raw rock music like in the old days. Right now, I can´t stop listening to How I See The World... that explosion of music and emotions at the end... ok I´m getting offtopic ;)

In you i have trust :p

The company pushing them to work with avicii? Nahh..

but about their roots: i dont know how that will happen in the next few years. They look at music in a different way now. They are writing the next album with the next big tour in mind, which will have to be entertaining and fun.

If they keep on listening and be inspired by top40 music, they will not become more alternative. There really first has to change something here. I never hear chris talk about any upcoming songwriter/band. Its always about what cool now, what big, popular with young people. (Which i find so zzzz)

Maybe when they are really getting older, the kids are older.. they realise they want to go down in history with some more mature music.

Dont really listen to Muse, but i know theyre not a band thats become more of a pop act. Theyve always been alternative.. right?

they last album, the 2nd law, had few pop tunes, like madness and panic station

they last album, the 2nd law, had few pop tunes, like madness and panic station

Ok. Still they are part of the alternative music scene. They are a band band. Whereas coldplay is now more of a popact. People that like happy, blurred lines whatever.. will (most of them) like magic, sky full of stars and paradise. There are too many pophits now.

Ok. Still they are part of the alternative music scene. They are a band band. Whereas coldplay is now more of a popact. People that like happy, blurred lines whatever.. will (most of them) like magic, sky full of stars and paradise. There are too many pophits now.

madness had the same popularity of magic, starlight had the same popularity of viva la vida

the difference between muse and coldplay is that coldplay has at least two radio-friendly singles and two not so much, muse has 1 radio friendly single and 3 not so much.

The difference is that Muse exposure to the mainstream world of music its at the same level of Coldplay when it comes to polularity but for a shorter amount of time.

Muse its not that "alternative" anymore the difference they have with Coldplay is that the amount of radio friendly singles its not the same.

If you ask someone that likes only mainstream music both Muse and Coldplay will pop up, cause they are with Imagine Dragons, Bastille and Maroon 5 the current most mainstream bands, but that doesnt mean they are not a band anymore but just a pop act, that's just wrong on many levels, those bands may be mainstream but do live concerts, release albums and singles and everything like any other more underground band. A pop act its One Direction, that releases a album every year, believe it or not they formed in 2010 and by 2014 they already have four albums, why? cause they dont write/record them, they are just a pop act.

and regarding chris' seeming influence from top40, seeing that the concerts he seem to attend on his own choosing are not necessarily bubblegum pop (kol, ed sheeran, prince, the stones, springsteen, etc), chris mentioning these top40 acts in top40 radio stations is mainly speaking to the audience. doesn't necessarily mean that is his main inspiration. wish we could hear from the rest of the band more to balance this out.

and btw, i agree that the next lp is probably more upbeat, anthemic, celebratory. but whether it would be very pop-ey is to be seen. sadly, i think it would be. if so, hopefully pop done tastefully without being over produced.

speaking of, how awesome would a whole official collaboration album between coldplay and jon hopkins be!

Who knows what direction they will go in, I really didnt expect ghost stories to have that sound, i expected an mx2 at least so who knows how they will surprise us, i'm expecting a much more energetic album though!

Hope it's at least 10 tracks too

madness had the same popularity of magic, starlight had the same popularity of viva la vida

the difference between muse and coldplay is that coldplay has at least two radio-friendly singles and two not so much, muse has 1 radio friendly single and 3 not so much.

The difference is that Muse exposure to the mainstream world of music its at the same level of Coldplay when it comes to polularity but for a shorter amount of time.

Muse its not that "alternative" anymore the difference they have with Coldplay is that the amount of radio friendly singles its not the same.

If you ask someone that likes only mainstream music both Muse and Coldplay will pop up, cause they are with Imagine Dragons, Bastille and Maroon 5 the current most mainstream bands, but that doesnt mean they are not a band anymore but just a pop act, that's just wrong on many levels, those bands may be mainstream but do live concerts, release albums and singles and everything like any other more underground band. A pop act its One Direction, that releases a album every year, believe it or not they formed in 2010 and by 2014 they already have four albums, why? cause they dont write/record them, they are just a pop act.

Yeah ok. Im sorry, shouldve thought more about the word 'popact'. Of course they are a band, even though the last album didnt have a very clear band sound.

But I just mean pop band really. And pop as in: simple, popular and more commercial music. At least.. many singles are.

Yes, people that are into mainstream bands will come up with those bandnames. Coldplay fits in there. But they also now fit with the most popular stuff because of their pop singles. People that dont know anything else than pop/rnb, katy perry and the rest, like sky full of stars/paradise. These people will not even know Muse.