✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

y'all make me panic every time I get on the forum and see so many replies in LP7!!!!! Haha

So quick thoughts and questions.. We know they were in the already partially in the studio over the summer because of some the interviews, and if we take this evidence of Chris at the bakery, we can maybe assume they are still in a recording process for something. My questions are : On average, how long are the boys in studio for their LP's? How long after putting the finishing touches on an album must we wait for a single/announcement of the record?

I know this is very variable, but I know some y'all have taken careful note of this for past records.

y'all make me panic every time I get on the forum and see so many replies in LP7!!!!! Haha

So quick thoughts and questions.. We know they were in the already partially in the studio over the summer because of some the interviews, and if we take this evidence of Chris at the bakery, we can maybe assume they are still in a recording process for something. My questions are : On average, how long are the boys in studio for their LP's? How long after putting the finishing touches on an album must we wait for a single/announcement of the record?

I know this is very variable, but I know some y'all have taken careful note of this for past records.

2 years usually

Refer to post #153 for my research

^Great work!! Thank you! Your logic is sound here and I bet you aren't far off from the truth.

Thanks, but I think I made some edits to that since then. I was using the final tour date as the 'end of era' date. However, with the GS era, this doesn't work since the last tour was over, but at the time we were still waiting for another single or two.

On top of that, that research was done to narrow down the LP7 release date. However, with news about festivals and whatnot, I think the focus should be on if/when Coldplay come back with their first LP7 era concert a la MX. What I mean to say is I predict the LP7 era will open like in the MX era, where Coldplay opened the era with festivals (iirc?). I think this would be the first important date as this is probably where we will all first hear the first songs of the new era. And then after a summer of tour festivals, then we will see the album.

Guest howyousawtheworld
da102d20b18d6dd5c6ff6780fa7e9568.jpg

Thoughts?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noel Gallagher is announcing his plans on Monday but they are probably album details.

But I think that is for U2. Excited as hell to hear about their touring plans. The ultimate live act.

I think that is for U2. Excited as hell to hear about their touring plans. The ultimate live act.

Same here :thumbsup:

I'm just glad they're back in the studio making music. As I've said many times on here I think they need to prolong their writing process and the gap between albums to more than three years. I also believe a hiatus is long overdue with this band. It certainly wouldn't hurt to just step back for a while and reflect on what they have and haven't been able to achieve.

On top of that, that research was done to narrow down the LP7 release date. However, with news about festivals and whatnot, I think the focus should be on if/when Coldplay come back with their first LP7 era concert a la MX. What I mean to say is I predict the LP7 era will open like in the MX era, where Coldplay opened the era with festivals (iirc?). I think this would be the first important date as this is probably where we will all first hear the first songs of the new era. And then after a summer of tour festivals, then we will see the album.

I agree with you here. I am betting as well that we will be hearing new material live rather than the premiers of songs like Midnight and ETIAW. Playing live I think helped give the them the confidence in the songs before launching a world tour during the MX era, and if LP7 is a return to the "epic," then this would make sense for them.