✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I also don't think we'll hear anything new at Global Citizen either, only for the simple fact Global Citizen is a charityevent and in my opinion it's bad form to try promote your new product at a charity event.

You bring up a fantastic point. I have a small theory though. Chris went to India in July, and I'm thinking he got a lot of inspiration from that. We have also heard rumors that the new single is going to feature an Indian artist, and that Coldplay might bring him or her out for the Global Citizens Festival. It could be that Coldplay release the single next week, and then announce that all of the proceeds, or most likely a percentage, will be going towards Global Citizens. It would be a nice charity act. Also, going back to my other theory that the record label made them perform last night, it could be because Coldplay want to donate all proceeds from the new single toward the cause. This would obviously leave nothing for the higher ups. So that's why Coldplay agreed to do the iheartradio festival, in order to make some money back. In dong that, they knew they didn't want to play anything new there, but wanted to tease us with new outfits, new stage setup, etc. Its just a thought. I have no solid evidence to go off of. Just trying to make sense of last night lol.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, new theory that just popped into my head:

The standard color wheel/rainbow is made up of seven colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet). This is Coldplay's seventh album. I don't think each album correlates to a color necessarily, but I do think that's a nice reference to AHFoD being a completion of something.

It also backs up the theory that lots of people have that this album will be an amalgamation of all their previous ones, as the artwork symbolizes the amalgamation of the standard visible colors.

I understand that some people wouldn't like a color wheel-type art theme as it may be too "simple," but I think it would be rather cool. Although I'd like it more if they did something other than just the simple wheel :P

So, new theory that just popped into my head:

The standard color wheel/rainbow is made up of seven colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet). This is Coldplay's seventh album. I don't think each album correlates to a color necessarily, but I do think that's a nice reference to AHFoD being a completion of something.

It also backs up the theory that lots of people have that this album will be an amalgamation of all their previous ones, as the artwork symbolizes the amalgamation of the standard visible colors.

I understand that some people wouldn't like a color wheel-type art theme as it may be too "simple," but I think it would be rather cool. Although I'd like it more if they did something other than just the simple wheel :P

Did you see my post in the previous page? I think you and me are close to something.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Went to bed just before they came on. They did the right thing by not playing new material - the I Heart Radio festival is a dreadful trashy platform to release new material judging by what I caught of the event beforehand.

Clearly a case for Coldplay to play their most popular songs, take the money and get out of there.

Yeah Coldplay did the right thing by not playing any material. The crowd was trash anyways. However for the people that did care they had some new AHFOD stuff to show off probably the first tease. Not sure if the plan was to play the new song if the crowd was good and not if the crowd was trash... since they had all the AHFOD stuff set up. Hopefully better luck at Global Citizen.

You bring up a fantastic point. I have a small theory though. Chris went to India in July, and I'm thinking he got a lot of inspiration from that. We have also heard rumors that the new single is going to feature an Indian artist, and that Coldplay might bring him or her out for the Global Citizens Festival. It could be that Coldplay release the single next week, and then announce that all of the proceeds, or most likely a percentage, will be going towards Global Citizens. It would be a nice charity act. Also, going back to my other theory that the record label made them perform last night, it could be because Coldplay want to donate all proceeds from the new single toward the cause. This would obviously leave nothing for the higher ups. So that's why Coldplay agreed to do the iheartradio festival, in order to make some money back. In dong that, they knew they didn't want to play anything new there, but wanted to tease us with new outfits, new stage setup, etc. Its just a thought. I have no solid evidence to go off of. Just trying to make sense of last night lol.

I like your thoughts

This makes a lot of sense. The iHeartRadio festival wasn't meant to show everyone new songs or anything like that. Just getting some new outfits on at least is good. It was a sign of the things to come for the Global Citizen Festival. Almost like a preview or something.

However, I still find it puzzling why they seemed off. Chris Martin didn't... seem the same that night. I don't know. They said something about a special guest but it never happened. Them bringing out the new stuff from AHFOD and not playing anything new sort of makes sense to me know because it seems as if that was their first "tease". To show off all the new things they had. But it still seems puzzling how he kind of seemed different that night like something was off... and that special guest never appeared... We may never know.

This makes a lot of sense. The iHeartRadio festival wasn't meant to show everyone new songs or anything like that. Just getting some new outfits on at least is good. It was a sign of the things to come for the Global Citizen Festival. Almost like a preview or something.

However, I still find it puzzling why they seemed off. Chris Martin didn't... seem the same that night. I don't know. They said something about a special guest but it never happened. Them bringing out the new stuff from AHFOD and not playing anything new sort of makes sense to me know because it seems as if that was their first "tease". To show off all the new things they had. But it still seems puzzling how he kind of seemed different that night like something was off... and that special guest never appeared... We may never know.

I also found that odd...but could the special guest maybe show up somewhere else? And I also think that the decals on the amps and drum kit plus the Indian set out is nice:DI'm still very excited.

I also found that odd...but could the special guest maybe show up somewhere else? And I also think that the decals on the amps and drum kit plus the Indian set out is nice:DI'm still very excited.

Possibly. If something went wrong with the special guest then it could happen in Global Citizen. Also the new look of the band and everything, I agree! It's definetely a hint of something new...