LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well more uptempo than amazing day. [emoji106]

So, can you tell us a bit more about how your source got to hear the single? Doe he/she work with the band, at a record label, at a radio station etc? And how trustworthy is he/she, is it someone you know very well or someone you don't know at all apart for that chat you had about the single?

Not questioning your credibility (just curious), how did this source come about this information? Do they have connections to the band? Did they have a conversation with them?

The source had a friend in India recorded the song with his phone.

The source had a friend in India recorded the song with his phone.

Well, that answers part of the question I asked a couple of posts above, but can you vouch for this person or is he/she someone you don't know very well?

This source is very reliable. [emoji2][emoji106]

Thank you for answering so quickly! I'll go back into hibernation mode until friday, because if your source says "a couple of days" and the industry has set friday as the worldwide new music release day than we'll definitely get something thursday (youtube audio) or friday (full-on single release with availability on iTunes, Spotify and other sources that count towards the charts).

Hurts Like Heaven 2.0 anyone? Or DLIBYH 2.0?

I'd prefer a Hurts Like Heaven 2.0, because while DLIBYH is a fine song, it's way overproduced. But ov3la told us to expect something more rock-ish and less MX/Viva-ish, so perhaps it won't be a MX2.0. If I combine happy and rock together I immediately think of U2's Beautiful Day, so I reckon their new single will be a something like that but in Coldplay style.

The person who recorded the song had a little chat with the band.

Is he part of the actual thing, or was he just a fan? Not trying to question you, but why would they tell a fan the release date? Maybe Chris said sometime in October and he is just assuming the first week? I just don't want to get my hopes up to be disappointed. Then again, it builds suspense. I guess we will just have to wait and see. If you are right, it will be a great day. No work, so I have all day to listen to it over and over!

Guest howyousawtheworld
I'd prefer a Hurts Like Heaven 2.0, because while DLIBYH is a fine song, it's way overproduced. But ov3la told us to expect something more rock-ish and less MX/Viva-ish, so perhaps it won't be a MX2.0. If I combine happy and rock together I immediately think of U2's Beautiful Day, so I reckon their new single will be a something like that but in Coldplay style.

Beautiful Day is the ultimate pop/rock song by the ultimate pop/rock band. Who doesn't like that tune?!

But I agree - Hurts Like Heaven was astoundingly brilliant. While I'm much warmer to the studio version than I had been I still absolutely relish the live performances of that song with Jonny in particular giving the performance of his life. Coldplay have never sounded so aerodynamically pop and rock! It was slick without sounding superficial (*cough* Miracles *cough*) and was unbelievably energetic and invigorating. Took some great 80s influences (Springsteen, Cure, even John Squire of The Stone Roses pop guitar...Jonny's inspiration for picking up the guitar) and produced that song. How I wish they could come up with the same trick again. Even if they came up with something close to that on their new album I'd be delighted.

Message from the poster: any photos posted on this post are under spoilers so this post doesn't get too annoying and in-the-way.

I'd prefer a Hurts Like Heaven 2.0' date=' because while DLIBYH is a fine song, it's way overproduced. But ov3la told us to expect something more rock-ish and less MX/Viva-ish, so perhaps it won't be a MX2.0. If I combine happy and rock together I immediately think of U2's Beautiful Day, so I reckon their new single will be a something like that but in Coldplay style.[/quote']

Dude that song + Coldplay style this'll be one of Coldplay's best in a looong time :D

And I agree with you on the Hurts Like Heaven vs DLIBYH debate. I like DLIBYH but it's super overproduced..

Amazing Day confirmed on AHFOD, at least indirectly, by producer Rik Simpson:

6d993f25b7b9bb5f12b2d457b8636d5d.jpg

Told ya so every1

8235f84cbbbb792e9b7d5c49232a380c.jpg

I honestly don't doubt him one bit.

Rik said the album's fucking amazing and I believe him. Plus he said we won't have to wait too long. [emoji2][emoji106]

I don't mind waiting for the album, I just really want a new song! Don't get me wrong, I love Amazing Day, but the quality isn't the best and I want an actual studio version. Also, I think we are all hungry for this particular single, as we have seen what the video will look like. Though it will still be very different and new once we actually see it. Here's to some official news soon! Rik's teasing is killing me.

I don't mind waiting for the album, I just really want a new song! Don't get me wrong, I love Amazing Day, but the quality isn't the best and I want an actual studio version. Also, I think we are all hungry for this particular single, as we have seen what the video will look like. Though it will still be very different and new once we actually see it. Here's to some official news soon! Rik's teasing is killing me.

Rik indirectly said amazing day was on the new album. [emoji52]

Amazing Day confirmed on AHFOD, at least indirectly, by producer Rik Simpson:

6d993f25b7b9bb5f12b2d457b8636d5d.jpg

No surprise there. I'm glad!

I would almost be willing to guarantee the reception to Amazing Day will be much better come the studio recording. For the life of me, I just could not enjoy Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall live. I thought it was an awful song to close on, but yet I fell in love with the studio version almost immediately. Quality can do a lot for a song.

Rik indirectly said amazing day was on the new album. [emoji52]

No I know that. I just meant that the new single will probably be released before Amazing Day will be. Otherwise they would have released it already. I just want a new studio track, is what it comes down to lol.

oh let amazing day not be the last song in the album.. coldplay has always delivered on the closer. also i want to first listen to it on the context of the whole album.

giphy.gif

I remember when they premiered AIMH, there were a few people who went, "That is definitely the closer." I wouldn't worry too much. To me, it doesn't sound like a closer, and I personally can't think of any time (aside from Amsterdam in 2001) where they played the album closer before the official album release. I feel like it would make a nice fit somewhere in the middle of AHFOD.

No I know that. I just meant that the new single will probably be released before Amazing Day will be. Otherwise they would have released it already. I just want a new studio track, is what it comes down to lol.

Yes we all want it. [emoji106]