✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty bummed Lamhein was a bust :( I was super excited about the potential Enoxification/foreign feel to that track :\

Now Amazing Day is probably locked in for the album. This kind of tips my expectations the other way. I think Amazing Day is a fine track, but it doesn't wow me, and I also think the title is crap.

The battle in my head is this: Will the album be all a bunch of Amazing Day and Sunshine Brightness and Horrays? That would signify poppyness and more of the cheesiness of Amazing Day. Or will it actually have some really interesting tracks that have strange titles and diverseness to them like Lamhein would have, signifying some more alternative tracks? Right now it seems the latter is winning out, but of course that is just more speculation.

Interesting. For some reason imo' date=' LP7 will sound like more of upbeat and naturish (I made this word by myself :P which means it is very suitable to listen to the album when you are going to nature places like mountains, hills, etc lol)[/quote']

Many Coldplay songs are like that already. I'd definetely like to see more of that from them, it's a great start with Amazing Day. :P

Question: I wasn't around during Spring Summer 2011' date=' when they played new MX songs at festivals. I wonder what happened exactly when they played an MX song for the very first time. Did they announce it right away? Or did they start playing after ETIAW was announced? They played Amazing Day 4 days ago and having no news is so disturbing to me. How much longer are they going to pretend nothing happened If it wasn't related to the album, it would have been cleared out right away, like "oh yeah that song is to promote Global Citizen here's the link to buy it ok bye". But instead, we've got NOTHING. It has to be related to the album, but I wonder for how long exactly they're going to make this mystery last...[/quote']

It's certainly weird that the band hasn't said anything about Amazing Day. I really want to know what's going on because they can't pretend like nothing happened. I'd expect to hear something at least by now from them about something regarding Amazing Day.

It's certainly weird that the band hasn't said anything about Amazing Day. I really want to know what's going on because they can't pretend like nothing happened. I'd expect to hear something at least by now from them about something regarding Amazing Day.

I reckon they're tweaking... The lyrics might be complete but I think they are still moulding the song. I suspect it is a couple of hooks away from being finished / them being happy about it. Listening to it, I feel it has great potential but the GC version had some lines that were too repetitive/ long, and awkward transitioning moments.

It is definitely a ballad-y song that has the potential to transform into an epic live with crowd participation - maybe they were testing that to see what worked and what didn't. As it wasn't a CP concert that might be why they didn't say anything at the time (eg Chris announcing that they're testing it / it's from the new album as that could potentially overshadow the GC event), but they still performed it to give us an idea of things to come. And if it wasn't fully ready then it would make sense that they haven't said anything about it since either...

-New Coldplay album

-New Star Wars

-(possible) new A Song of Ice and Fire novel

-New Sherlock

My hype for the next few months cannot be contained

New hockey season

walking dead

spectre

blue Jays in the playoffs

Isn't the new Top Gear coming out, too?....idk i stopped being interested after Jeremy was sacked

The Top Gear with new hosts or the Amazon show with the old hosts? Either way, don't think either are coming soon. Like, I'd expect Coldplay to release music before them.

Isn't the new Top Gear coming out, too?....idk i stopped being interested after Jeremy was sacked

I'd only care the slightest bit about the new Top Gear if nothing had happened with Jeremy. :sad2: The final episode (with only Hammond and May) was easily the worst I've seen in 6 years of watching the show... it was bland and depressing. :(

Of course a new Coldplay album will help me forget about it. :D Bring on A Head Full of Dreams. :)

The Top Gear with new hosts or the Amazon show with the old hosts? Either way, don't think either are coming soon. Like, I'd expect Coldplay to release music before them.

Yeah, the Top Gear with the new hosts....Chris Evans I think???

I don't think music needs to be complex to be interesting, although I agree it's usually better that way. :) Also I'm not well versed in music at all.

I suppose it fits more with the songs fast-paced, urgent and a little electronically wonky style they were going for? :thinking: But I guess what his guitar sounds like specifically around 1:25 and 2:33 is not actually a change to the sound of his guitar- it's just blanketed behind this mess of vocal effects(?) which detracts from it and then at 1:37-1:58 it's so shimmery sounding. :shrug: I've never heard it that way before. Maybe just an effect? i know nothing about guitars but it almost sounds like a different instrument there. At 3:00-3:18 it sounds more like I'd expect.

I agree there's such a disparity in how great or poor guitar riffs can sound depending on what effects they use or how the song is produced. I've also found as I become more into music quality some headphones separate the music better and I can hear actual strumming in some songs or even background melodies where I never heard it before. I didn't know about this for a long time.

MX is kind of drowned in production though imo. DLiBYH is another song I feel is hampered by it. :nod: I much prefer what Guy (I believe had a big part in it?) did production-wise on GS and hope they don't go back to whatever they did on MX. :worried:

Agreed. Most of the reasons I fell, and most people probably, fell in love with Coldplay is because their first two albums just ...dreadfully...devastatingly simple. But that's the beautiful thing. And I remember an old interview with Guy or Johnny and they say that ...the thing about Coldplay is ..not what we play, but what we DON'T play. And I totally get that.

Unfortunately, they've kinda gotten out of that zone...starting with X&Y and more so with every album after. Though, I'm one of the few that think GS was a return to their simplicity and form.

The only difference is...the simplicity of GS isn't as finely tuned as Parachutes or AROBTTH. For instance- let's take a look at Politik, Warning Signs, In My Place or any song off of AROBTTH- All are pretty simple songs as far as structure- but what do they all have in common? Their build up- each song has a story, really. Politik's last chorus is built up by the tension of the hauntingly beautiful bridge- then with the layered vox on top- it's just simple melodic structure but cleverly put together. GS is missing a lot of that. For instance- Always in My Head- there's no build up. Most of the changes in that song- are subtle background production tricks. Things you wouldn't notice in concert. Magic- (love this song) but no real build up either- if it wasn't for the fact that the honesty and sorrowfulness in Chris' "I do ..yes, I do" towards the end- probably a very stale track. Even True Love- nice little build up with that guitar solo- but it just repeats that last chorus. Nothing new going in there. No extra backing vocals, etc.. The only song that really builds is ASFOS- and I do like that song too. I wish it would've been produced less like a dance track because again- the Coldplay I knew- didn't need to 'hippest production' techniques in there songs. It was about WHAT THEY DIDN'T PLAY.

Hear my cover of Famous Old Painters here-

https://belo.bandcamp.com/track/familiar-new-places

I'd only care the slightest bit about the new Top Gear if nothing had happened with Jeremy. :sad2: The final episode (with only Hammond and May) was easily the worst I've seen in 6 years of watching the show... it was bland and depressing. :(

Of course a new Coldplay album will help me forget about it. :D Bring on A Head Full of Dreams. :)

You have to admit the huge literal elephant in the room was pretty funny though, right? :D

I suppose it was, maybe it wasn't that bad of an episode. :) What bothered me though was that much the humor seemed somewhat forced without Jeremy there. The three presenters are best when they work together and there was some awkwardness without all three of them. That's just my opinion of course, "good" and "bad" are all subjective.

Okay that's enough Top Gear talk, it needs its own thread. :P