LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new single will be better than HLH. [emoji6]

Woah, woah, that's quite a statement. HLH is one of my all time favorites. I kinda doubt it'll top it, but I'll take this as a strong sign of the song being quite surprising, unique and upbeat..

I would almost be willing to guarantee the reception to Amazing Day will be much better come the studio recording. For the life of me, I just could not enjoy Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall live. I thought it was an awful song to close on, but yet I fell in love with the studio version almost immediately. Quality can do a lot for a song.

Quality really can do a lot, that's one of the things I really value in this band... There's always something deeper to find in all their album recordings. Often I might have initially disliked a song but then dig deeper and find something to appreciate there, which then helps me to enjoy it.

Woah, woah, that's quite a statement. HLH is one of my all time favorites. I kinda doubt it'll top it, but I'll take this as a strong sign of the song being quite surprising, unique and upbeat..

Guys, don't forget statements are extremely subjective, and it doesn't actually make much sense to make them...

On another note, ov3la is a serious poster here. That does not mean that we should trust the anouncements though. Ov3la is not trolling us, I'm sure, but there is no way of being sure one of his friends is not trolling him. That said, I hope it turns out to be true ! And "rockier" does sound promising. :D

Guys, don't forget statements are extremely subjective, and it doesn't actually make much sense to make them...

On another note, ov3la is a serious poster here. That does not mean that we should trust the anouncements though. Ov3la is not trolling us, I'm sure, but there is no way of being sure one of his friends is not trolling him. That said, I hope it turns out to be true ! And "rockier" does sound promising. :D

I'll say this. The new single alone will be better than GS. [emoji106] i believe the new album will be as good as X&Y. Can't wait to hear it officially!

I'd prefer a Hurts Like Heaven 2.0, because while DLIBYH is a fine song, it's way overproduced. But ov3la told us to expect something more rock-ish and less MX/Viva-ish, so perhaps it won't be a MX2.0. If I combine happy and rock together I immediately think of U2's Beautiful Day, so I reckon their new single will be a something like that but in Coldplay style.

Sounds like more along the lines of Ghost Story maybe? GS is not heavy but it's much more guitar/drum driven than usual. :thinking:

The new single alone will be better than GS.

Not a strong statement. It would be hard to do something worse than GS :P

believe the new album will be as good as X&Y

Now THAT'S what I call a strong statement ! But sorry, as much as I want to, I simply cannot believe it. You are being very optimistic there ! :D

The new single will be better than HLH. [emoji6]

let me just say, if the guy who recorded the song in india was from the video shoot, we already know that only the instrumental was played there. because a poster here was actually there. so no offence to you, i'm going to be very cautious about subjective second hand statements like these. but of course, we, as starved for coldplay news fans, thrive on any speculation/rumor. so keep any such info coming :)

I'll say this. The new single alone will be better than GS. [emoji106] i believe the new album will be as good as X&Y. Can't wait to hear it officially!

Whoa, whoa WHOA just hold on one second there, we can't go making statements like that willy-nilly. People will riot :P

That said, I hope it is as good as X&Y. I remember before MX came out that album got hated on constantly, but now everyone seems to love it (as they should because it's great). It seems like the forum keeps flip-flopping between thinking AHFoD will be Coldplay's worst album and thinking it's going to be on a similar level as the Big 4. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out!

Well the new song alone is better than a lot of GS so far... excited to hear the new single if that's the case. I actually really like GS so this single better be something at least Fix You-quality if that's the case.

As for this album being good as X&Y, that'd be amazing! Your words "rockier" make it sound like we might be getting flashbacks to Oldplay :D IMO X&Y is my second fav album, and the first one is pretty similar in quality, though a lot different in vibe. Can't wait to hear this new album. :D

HLH is Coldplay at their best! I doubt they will top that but I hope the new single is as aerodynamic as HLH :D

I love Jonny's blistering and muscular guitar in it... That aerodynamicism is one of my favorite things about the song... I dunno how some people don't see the rock influence there, to me it's bleeding obvious! :bliss:

I agree that HLH is a very rocky pop song, it's indeed one of the better parts of MX :)

By the way, I just listened to this new Avicii sample of True Believer. This "voice", if we generously wanna call it that, makes we wanna throw up. I hope this is a bad joke by an Avicii fan or something, if this is the real thing I finally lost trust in the world of modern music...so I lost my trust, but I never should have, oh I never should have...

I love Jonny's blistering and muscular guitar in it... That aerodynamicism is one of my favorite things about the song... I dunno how some people don't see the rock influence there, to me it's bleeding obvious! :bliss:

It really is incredible what he does on that song. So why. WHY would they distort the hell out of it. :( The disappointment going from the live version to the studio version. Still great but. Not the same.

I agree that HLH is a very rocky pop song, it's indeed one of the better parts of MX :)

By the way, I just listened to this new Avicii sample of True Believer. This "voice", if we generously wanna call it that, makes we wanna throw up. I hope this is a bad joke by an Avicii fan or something, if this is the real thing I finally lost trust in the world of modern music...so I lost my trust, but I never should have, oh I never should have...

Seriously. It sounds like a random fan trying to do a cover. Ruined the song.

It really is incredible what he does on that song. So why. WHY would they distort the hell out of it. :( The disappointment going from the live version to the studio version. Still great but. Not the same.

To give it texture and make it more complex, ergo theoretically ​more interesting to listen to?

Btw, could you point out for me Jonny's guitar bits that have been distorted? My music background is piano based so I'm still learning the various guitar effects although I can hear lines quite well... It still boggles my mind that it can be an instrument that produces a mess of tangled sound rather than individual clean bits that can be separated :laugh3:

A song by Avicii, perhaps featuring on his upcoming album. The first version we heard featured distorted vocals by Chris Martin. Now a sample with a shit sounding "voice" instead has appeared.

There is a version that perhaps you haven't heard yet? https://youtu.be/K9Ornolb7eo

The Shit vocals are the final version confirmed. That megamix I showed earlier is actually on Spotify now.

To give it texture and make it more complex, ergo theoretically ​more interesting to listen to?

Btw, could you point out for me Jonny's guitar bits that have been distorted? My music background is piano based so I'm still learning the various guitar effects although I can hear lines quite well... It still boggles my mind that it can be an instrument that produces a mess of tangled sound rather than individual clean bits that can be separated :laugh3:

I don't think music needs to be complex to be interesting, although I agree it's usually better that way. :) Also I'm not well versed in music at all.

I suppose it fits more with the songs fast-paced, urgent and a little electronically wonky style they were going for? :thinking: But I guess what his guitar sounds like specifically around 1:25 and 2:33 is not actually a change to the sound of his guitar- it's just blanketed behind this mess of vocal effects(?) which detracts from it and then at 1:37-1:58 it's so shimmery sounding. :shrug: I've never heard it that way before. Maybe just an effect? i know nothing about guitars but it almost sounds like a different instrument there. At 3:00-3:18 it sounds more like I'd expect.

I agree there's such a disparity in how great or poor guitar riffs can sound depending on what effects they use or how the song is produced. I've also found as I become more into music quality some headphones separate the music better and I can hear actual strumming in some songs or even background melodies where I never heard it before. I didn't know about this for a long time.

MX is kind of drowned in production though imo. DLiBYH is another song I feel is hampered by it. :nod: I much prefer what Guy (I believe had a big part in it?) did production-wise on GS and hope they don't go back to whatever they did on MX. :worried:

Hoping this rumor about a single in "a few days" is true. As others have said, I have no issue waiting for an album. I would like a taste of the direction they're heading in as Amazing Day still leaves some blurred lines. I'm very curious to hear how the production sounds on this one.