✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Not a strong statement. It would be hard to do something worse than GS :P

I personally do not thing so. :D

But this single probably will be better than a lot of GS, seeing how Amazing Day sounded. (Now I know you don't like it quite as much, but for me it's a lot better than a lot of GS)

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ @ HowCouldIForget I'll go listen and reply later, but I do like that they have a lot of layers in their songs... One of my fav hobbies used to be listening to the songs repeatedly, but focusing each time on their individual lines... And then putting them back together again and actively listening to multiple lines at once... Almost like a mantra to focus on / fall asleep to - it's blissful :love:

Hoping this rumor about a single in "a few days" is true. As others have said, I have no issue waiting for an album. I would like a taste of the direction they're heading in as Amazing Day still leaves some blurred lines. I'm very curious to hear how the production sounds on this one.

I for one am curious to know how much of the album is produced by Stargate. Atlas was a preview of the overall mood and tone of GS. Could Miracles be the same for AHFOD?

There is a version that perhaps you haven't heard yet? https://youtu.be/K9Ornolb7eo

The Shit vocals are the final version confirmed. That megamix I showed earlier is actually on Spotify now.

In fact, I do know that version in that YT link. It is the one featuring Chris's distorted (or rather, transposed. I don't know the exact word, but you know what I mean) vocals. To be honest, I didn't think it to be so bad. It was actually a pretty decent EDM song.

And are the "Shit" vocals really confirmed ?? OMG I hope not

In fact, I do know that version in that YT link. It is the one featuring Chris's distorted (or rather, transposed. I don't know the exact word, but you know what I mean) vocals. To be honest, I didn't think it to be so bad. It was actually a pretty decent EDM song.

And are the "Shit" vocals really confirmed ?? OMG I hope not

Ah, I thought you meant the version from UMF. Yes, Shitty voice is confirmed. This is the beginning of the end of good music.

One of my fav hobbies used to be listening to the songs repeatedly, but focusing each time on their individual lines... And then putting them back together again and actively listening to multiple lines at once... Almost like a mantra to focus on / fall asleep to - it's blissful :love:

Awesome ! I also discover new melodies hidden in the songs every time I hear them through a different headphone/speaker or when I focus on something in particular (for instance I say to myself, lets try to identify the bassline).

Coldplay's music is very carefully layered, that's why it sounds so beautiful !

I for one am curious to know how much of the album is produced by Stargate. Atlas was a preview of the overall mood and tone of GS. Could Miracles be the same for AHFOD?

I have the strong inclination to say, yes, that will be so. Miracles and Amazing Day also have a lot in common.

Awesome ! I also discover new melodies hidden in the songs every time I hear them through a different headphone/speaker or when I focus on something in particular (for instance I say to myself, lets try to identify the bassline).

Coldplay's music is very carefully layered, that's why it sounds so beautiful !

You've got Brian Eno to thank for that! Looks like they'll always stick with that trait. I've yet to listen to VLVODAAHF on very good speakers so have heard maybe only 70% of it ;)

Another little tidbit, the new single is not as upbeat as a sky full of stars.

Thanks for that and the other tips ^^. I saw your profile here. AROBTH is my fav haha and politik its indeed one of the best. And if you believe the new album its going to be better than x&y (2nd fav album along with viva haha) because of the new single than Im getting more excited than amazing day make me feel. *----*.

Maybe another great era like that show in toronto 2006 or the viva era?? We shall see hauahauah

You've got Brian Eno to thank for that!

No doubt Viva is also great, but actually I was more thinking of AROBTTH and X&Y which are the two albums I most listen to. Only recently "discovered" the bassline on In My Place. Funny thing is that once you have heard a particular line, you cannot "unhear" it any more :D

For the life of me, I just could not enjoy Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall live. I thought it was an awful song to close on, but yet I fell in love with the studio version almost immediately.

Oh :(

ETIAW is like one of the best songs during Coldplay's career imo. Both live and recording are awesome.

I'm still trying to like Amazing Day but I'm hoping for more surprises. We will see what comes up in a few days / months (hope not for too long)

I don't think music needs to be complex to be interesting, although I agree it's usually better that way. :) Also I'm not well versed in music at all.

I suppose it fits more with the songs fast-paced, urgent and a little electronically wonky style they were going for? :thinking: But I guess what his guitar sounds like specifically around 1:25 and 2:33 is not actually a change to the sound of his guitar- it's just blanketed behind this mess of vocal effects(?) which detracts from it and then at 1:37-1:58 it's so shimmery sounding. :shrug: I've never heard it that way before. Maybe just an effect? i know nothing about guitars but it almost sounds like a different instrument there. At 3:00-3:18 it sounds more like I'd expect.

I agree there's such a disparity in how great or poor guitar riffs can sound depending on what effects they use or how the song is produced. I've also found as I become more into music quality some headphones separate the music better and I can hear actual strumming in some songs or even background melodies where I never heard it before. I didn't know about this for a long time.

MX is kind of drowned in production though imo. DLiBYH is another song I feel is hampered by it. :nod: I much prefer what Guy (I believe had a big part in it?) did production-wise on GS and hope they don't go back to whatever they did on MX. :worried:

At 1:25, I don't hear any lead/rhythm guitars- I'd say it's mainly dominated by synths/vocoder voices, with a low-volume distorted bass in the background.

At 2:33 there is a barely there lead-guitar and again is quite synthy

The 1:37-1:58 bit has Jonny's guitar on some sort of pedal (ooh/wah-wah type) and suppressed vocals.

I agree that the 3:00 mark is just pure heaven... It's my fav part of the whole song! And overall the song has such an exhilarating feel to it... Always brings such joy and makes me feel alive :D

Ive got a feeling for a song called Heaven on Earth for this album.

Interesting. For some reason imo, LP7 will sound like more of upbeat and naturish (I made this word by myself :P which means it is very suitable to listen to the album when you are going to nature places like mountains, hills, etc lol)

You've got Brian Eno to thank for that! Looks like they'll always stick with that trait. I've yet to listen to VLVODAAHF on very good speakers so have heard maybe only 70% of it ;)

Brian Eno certainly enhanced and developed it, but they already had it... All their earlier albums had multiple layers, only less. I don't know it is Eno, but there seems to sometimes be loss of clarity in their musical lines after he became involved - they become tangled in his wall of sound and I think that's what the Oldplayers don't like about their newer music.

Question: I wasn't around during Spring Summer 2011, when they played new MX songs at festivals. I wonder what happened exactly when they played an MX song for the very first time. Did they announce it right away? Or did they start playing after ETIAW was announced? They played Amazing Day 4 days ago and having no news is so disturbing to me. How much longer are they going to pretend nothing happened?

If it wasn't related to the album, it would have been cleared out right away, like "oh yeah that song is to promote Global Citizen here's the link to buy it ok bye". But instead, we've got NOTHING. It has to be related to the album, but I wonder for how long exactly they're going to make this mystery last...

ETIAW was released and played live for the first time on the same day: 3 June 2011, I believe it was announced a few days before that. And that same day a lot of other MX songs got their live debut and many of us got to hear then in professional quality on June 4 because that festival, rock am ring, was broadcasted. Mylo Xyloto was announced on August 12, with it's release being October 25.

So looking at it that way, it could take a few more months before the album is released.

ETIAW was released and played live for the first time on the same day: 3 June 2011, I believe it was announced a few days before that. And that same day a lot of other MX songs got their live debut and many of us got to hear then in professional quality on June 4 because that festival, rock am ring, was broadcasted. Mylo Xyloto was announced on August 12, with it's release being October 25.

So looking at it that way, it could take a few more months before the album is released.

Hmmm okay so what's interesting is that they had announced their first single before performing any new song live! This time around they just casually performed a brand new song, with no prior announcement...something feels off

Hmmm okay so what's interesting is that they had announced their first single before performing any new song live! This time around they just casually performed a brand new song, with no prior announcement...something feels off

Yes but if they did this for MX it doesn't mean that they will do this for every album. For example, Midnight was announced the day before they put Midnight video on YouTube. They could put the video of the new single on YouTube now, without announcement, or announce it now and put the video tomorrow.. Anyone knows.. But is sure that if they did in a way for MX, this doesn't mean that they'll do the same for AHFOD..

Sorry for my English.