LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, I can confirm. Amazing day wasn't what they shot in India

Thanks for the info :D Maybe that song they did shoot in India will be like the bigger single from AHFOD... the first single is big but the next one will be bigger, maybe the one in India will be that bigger one... excited to see it someday...

^ Going by what a couple of us have pieced together, I think it says "the falling of snow," which I would assume are lyrics (would make a very pretty title, but I feel like the guys would shorten it to just "Falling Snow" or something)

That could be their next Christmas title. :D

Then again there's been times where they did play a new song in the soundcheck but never ended up really putting it on the album. I remember there was a cell phone really low quality recording of a song that was really beautiful that was being sound checked but never saw the light of day. So it is possible that' date=' as beautiful as this new track probably is, it may never really be released, just like that other song I was talking about (I forget the name)
You must mean the brilliant track "A View From The Top"...such a shame there is no better recording of this. What were the guys thinking ?? :/

Yeah that's the one... I really hope they revisit it someday, unfortunately it doesn't seem likely. It's such a shame they never released it, or got a good recording of it. The only recording is terrible cell phone quality even worse than the quality of the cell phone clips of Amazing Day. I'm saddened to think that such a beautiful song probably will never be revisted and will never see the light of day. Coldplay didn't realize what a masterpiece they had on their hands at the time. We'll never get to hear a good recording of it unless sometime in the future either they do revisit it somehow or there is new technologies sometime in the future that can make a cell phone recording sound pretty good.

At least now both festivals are over and they can focus on finishing AHFOD (assuming they haven't done so yet). I really hope they announce something soon.

yeah, we're about to hit another lull in news for sure. Unless of course they're gonna announce something plz

Looking down the next few weeks, there aren't any "major" album releases that I can see...They have made a few headlines with these last few shows, time to accelerate that hype with a new single or hell, why not the whole album!?

For those criticizing Ariana and One Direction: I get it, but there is no need to be overly critical. I used to cringe when Chris would only praise pop artists, but now I realize it isn't a big deal. Do these artists write their own songs? No. Are they very original or artistic? No. But that is besides the point. Ariana's album last year was a fun pop record with some really good tracks. One Direction also has some good songs. Everyone has some pop sensibility.

At the end of the day though, that duet with Ariana was awesome. She is a powerful performer. You don't have to like or listen to their music, but understand that there is such a thing as good pop music even from the most commerical of artists. A lot of work goes into those pop songs from expert song writers, even if they are generic and cheesy. For example: some of my favourite albums of this year have been by Carly Rae Jepsen and The Weekend, both very poppy. Check them out!

Looking down the next few weeks, there aren't any "major" album releases that I can see...They have made a few headlines with these last few shows, time to accelerate that hype with a new single or hell, why not the whole album!?

For those criticizing Ariana and One Direction: I get it, but there is no need to be overly critical. I used to cringe when Chris would only praise pop artists, but now I realize it isn't a big deal. Do these artists write their own songs? No. Are they very original or artistic? No. But that is besides the point. Ariana's album last year was a fun pop record with some really good tracks. One Direction also has some good songs. Everyone has some pop sensibility.

At the end of the day though, that duet with Ariana was awesome. She is a powerful performer. You don't have to like or listen to their music, but understand that there is such a thing as good pop music even from the most commerical of artists. A lot of work goes into those pop songs from expert song writers, even if they are generic and cheesy. For example: some of my favourite albums of this year have been by Carly Rae Jepsen and The Weekend, both very poppy. Check them out!

Another great pop album of this year is Unguarded by Rae Morris imho

I don't know if it has already been said, but about the Color Theory behind the new album i was thinking they will use a lot the electronic harp they've already use in Midnight. The rainbow colors reminds me the electronic harp and Midnight too. Maybe an "ambient-electronic" album? Damn I'd love it!

I don't know if it has already been said, but about the Color Theory behind the new album i was thinking they will use a lot the electronic harp they've already use in Midnight. The rainbow colors reminds me the electronic harp and Midnight too. Maybe an "ambient-electronic" album? Damn I'd love it!

It won't be electronic or ambient. That was GS. This album will be way different.

Way different? If "Amazing Day" is part of AHFOD (I hope it's not), it wont be THAT different :(. Hope you're right anyway!

It will be very different. The new album will have horns on it. I hope it's not on the album either. I think Amazing day was for the global citizen festival only because before he introduced the song, chris said "I know we all care about the environment, about the animals, and the earth. This song is about the wonderful things on Earth." That leads me to believe he wrote the song specifically for festival.

It will be very different. The new album will have horns on it. I hope it's not on the album either. I think Amazing day was for the global citizen festival only because before he introduced the song, chris said "I know we all care about the environment, about the animals, and the earth. This song is about the wonderful things on Earth." That leads me to believe he wrote the song specifically for festival.

Yeah I believe the same. Plus, while they were performing the song, there was a video playing in the background with landscapes and animals. Maybe it was all made (video+song) just for the festival (I hope).

You might be right... but still I don't know why he would be on the fence about playing it a day before the festival. Sure it could be written just for the festival but it might just be a song in the album themed that way... it'd be both kind of their "festival" song but also a part of the album....

I can imagine Amazing Day being the first or the last song on the album... or maybe we'll never hear it again.

I guess I could see the song being the album opener. As the album progresses, it gets louder and rockier. It's a beautiful song, but to me, i expect the new album to be louder and more upbeat than amazing day.

I guess I could see the song being the album opener. As the album progresses, it gets louder and rockier. It's a beautiful song, but to me, i expect the new album to be louder and more upbeat than amazing day.

Which is what makes me wonder about whether or not it is on the album. That being said though, ASFOS was on Ghost Stories, which most agreed, even the other band members besides Chris believed that it didn't fit with the album's vibe. So it wouldn't be a shock to find that song in AHFOD. Nobody knows.

Which is what makes me wonder about whether or not it is on the album. That being said though, ASFOS was on Ghost Stories, which most agreed, even the other band members besides Chris believed that it didn't fit with the album's vibe. So it wouldn't be a shock to find that song in AHFOD. Nobody knows.

That's true. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out.

They'll mix it up... All their albums have contrasting songs - more upbeat vs downbeat songs. They've also stated before that they're looking for tension between their songs, hence the contrast. They'll find room for Amazing Day in the album if they think it belongs (think upbeat ASFOS in downbeat GS)

Hey everyone! I was side-stage yesterday at the Global Citizen Festival and ran into none other than...Coldplay's gear, hah! Anyways, noticed some writing on one the cases that didn't look like Coldplay's Hindi logo and took a picture. Probably nothing important at all but figured I'd show you guys.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32441[/ATTACH]

Hey everyone! I was side-stage yesterday at the Global Citizen Festival and ran into none other than...Coldplay's gear, hah! Anyways, noticed some writing on one the cases that didn't look like Coldplay's Hindi logo and took a picture. Probably nothing important at all but figured I'd show you guys.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32441[/ATTACH]

That's awesome, thanks for sharing! I always love seeing this stuff.

I can imagine Amazing Day being the first or the last song on the album... or maybe we'll never hear it again.

It needs more energy to be the first because that's also the live show opener as well (think Politik, Sq1, MX/HLH)....maybe the last, but the last song on each album pretty much sums up the whole theme of the album (think Life is for Living, Amsterdam, Up With the Birds), so I guess I could see that if the theme is about how everything is amazing.....