✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Yes but if they did this for MX it doesn't mean that they will do this for every album. For example, Midnight was announced the day before they put Midnight video on YouTube. They could put the video of the new single on YouTube now, without announcement, or announce it now and put the video tomorrow.. Anyone knows.. But is sure that if they did in a way for MX, this doesn't mean that they'll do the same for AHFOD..

Sorry for my English.

Of course, but GS was special. We didn't know at the time, but there was no proper tour planned for that era. We know that for AHFOD, they intend to tour a lot. So it would make sense to debut a song and announce the whole thing (or the single) like they did for MX.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course, but GS was special. We didn't know at the time, but there was no proper tour planned for that era. We know that for AHFOD, they intend to tour a lot. So it would make sense to debut a song and announce the whole thing (or the single) like they did for MX.

Sorry to jump in on your conversation but that's a good point you bring up. Coldplay definitely aren't following any same pattern as their last two releases though it seems. Personally I like being surprised with a new song rather than being told the release date and having to wait it out. It makes a really great surprise (e.g. waking up and seeing the midnight music video with no prior expectations). It's too bad you missed the hype and build-up to MX. Coldplay had a lot of fun releasing little teaser videos with the lyrics to the first single ETiAW. Let me try and find some of those videos...

edit: and who could forget the studied#1 and running man!

[video=youtube;1zTqklX4p40]

[video=youtube;X0AvLspNkGs]

Sorry to jump in on your conversation but that's a good point you bring up. Coldplay definitely aren't following any same pattern as their last two releases though it seems. Personally I like being surprised with a new song rather than being told the release date and having to wait it out. It makes a really great surprise (e.g. waking up and seeing the midnight music video with no prior expectations). It's too bad you missed the hype and build-up to MX. Coldplay had a lot of fun releasing little teaser videos with the lyrics to the first single ETiAW. Let me try and find some of those videos...

I do remember those awesome teasing videos! I was following this on facebook...but that's basically it, what I missed were all the festivals and the fandom hype!

I like being surprised, I'm just so impatient and tired of waiting haha :lol:

No doubt Viva is also great, but actually I was more thinking of AROBTTH and X&Y which are the two albums I most listen to. Only recently "discovered" the bassline on In My Place. Funny thing is that once you have heard a particular line, you cannot "unhear" it any more :D

The bass line in Daylight is so great! You have to give that a good listen :)

I remember the Studiofeed!

. . . and I also remember everyone being angry that we never got a second one :lol:

I'll say this. The new single alone will be better than GS.

I know this can be completely subjective, but considering GS quickly became my favorite album, seeing this get me more excited.

I'm keeping it in check, of course. Just in case nothing actually happens (but I'm crossing my fingers. I want to believe!)

Guest howyousawtheworld
Chris's weird vocoder backing vocals in Speed of Sound

Just listened to them in Youtube, had never heard them before....yeah, the overlayered varying intonations in different voice levels make it amazing.

Ha ha! I remember discovering that by accident when I half slotted in the plug of my earphones into my then cd walkman (yeah I only got an MP3 player the end of that year!).

No doubt Viva is also great, but actually I was more thinking of AROBTTH and X&Y which are the two albums I most listen to. Only recently "discovered" the bassline on In My Place. Funny thing is that once you have heard a particular line, you cannot "unhear" it any more

I do love that. Especially the drone/distorted guitar on Lovers In Japan. I love how it rises and falls with the progression of the melody in the verses and into the chorus. A lovely sound. Creates a real magical atmosphere to the song with real flight.

More complex I guess but I love The Smiths for there ability to pack together different melodies into one song. Morrissey's vocal melody runs alongside Johnny Marr's guitar melody - you're getting two songs for the price of one when listening to The Smiths. Of the Coldplay songs that pull of that trick beautifully it's Don't Panic for me.

Ha ha! I remember discovering that by accident when I half slotted in the plug of my earphones into my then cd walkman (yeah I only got an MP3 player the end of that year!).

I did the same thing a few years back! Before we had the official instrumentals, that was the trick to get some sort of instrumental. I love the backing vocals to Speed Of Sound, they sound so good.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Amazing Day will actually be on the new album? Or is it still possible that this was a one-off song specifically written for the Global Citizen event?

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but I think it was only for Global Citizen, they would have mentioned it either during their set or right after. Now, maybe, in a few days, we'll have a special release of that song "for Global Citizen", but it seems kinda odd to write a song for an event and not mention it during the actual event.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but I think it was only for Global Citizen, they would have mentioned it either during their set or right after. Now, maybe, in a few days, we'll have a special release of that song "for Global Citizen", but it seems kinda odd to write a song for an event and not mention it during the actual event.

Actually the produced Rik Simpson pretty much confirmed indirectly that it will be in the album via his twitter.

Guest diogo_sg
Actually the produced Rik Simpson pretty much confirmed indirectly that it will be in the album via his twitter.

Link, please.

And are there any news?

So this happened...

I asked Rik, not thinking about getting a reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/Prospekt_Atlas">@Prospekt_Atlas</a> yup :)</p>— Rik Simpson (@Rikademus) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rikademus/status/649017101311676416">September 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>