✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

*high-five* Great to see yet another person like MX as much as I do! @ your last statement, that is technically true:)

I hope it'll beat my impressions of MX... AHFOD better be amazing if they are not to do another album for at least 5 years after that.

:mx::D

I agree. I really hope they can beat MX as my favorite album. We just have to wait... And yeah, amazing you love that album as much as I do !!

Though I really hope you're right ov3la, I just don't see Coldplay creativity in this moment capable of doing an album at the level of MX.

Still, hope you are right!!!

Sadly I could agree with this after hearing Amazing Day... But I don't know, my hopes are still up :)

Both! [emoji23] I think it'll truly be better because they're adding horns and violins. They've never added horns to any songs except for Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground. The new album will be different than GS which is a positive for me, (GS was good but not great.)

The addition of some elements don't make something better or worse, but the way they are used. I really hope you're right, hope we don't have to wait to much to figure it out. And agreed with you about :ghoststories:, it could have been so much better (but I still like it :laugh3: )

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pitchfork is super hipsterish. People were hating on MX for pop sound when it came out, it would be mainstream to rate it low so they rated it high (my assumption). I think the album itself has grown a lot on me. I've noticed this that when Chris likes something/a song, I generally tend to not like it at first and then it grows on me.

As for album ranking, I would say Viva La Vida > AROBTH > Parachutes = MX > Ghost Stories > X&Y (for me)

On topic, I do think they are taking more time than usual for release of a shot music video which generally means they have gone to the drawing board. In terms of contract, is this is their last record with the record company?

oh lord. i cant

Haha. I like pitchfork actually for discovering new music. I discovered arcade fire through them and generally their post rock artist section is good too - like NPR.

Also, although I've discussed a bit of the music I heard during the shoot - I really wanted to discuss more of what I heard and I thought I'll be able to do it soonish but now because of the delay... I'll still put the release date of the song as late October (no hunch - just a guess - don't convert into a rumor and start expecting things)

Haha. I like pitchfork actually for discovering new music. I discovered arcade fire through them and generally their post rock artist section is good too - like NPR.

Also, although I've discussed a bit of the music I heard during the shoot - I really wanted to discuss more of what I heard and I thought I'll be able to do it soonish but now because of the delay... I'll still put the release date of the song as late October (no hunch - just a guess - don't convert into a rumor and start expecting things)

Ohhhh so there's actually a delayyy...... ohhh. :(

Not sure why Coldplay couldn't just release the audio if they're having problems with the video.. hopefully it comes soon.

Honestly, unless the video is super-complex like The Scientist, you shouldn't have to wait a month plus for the MV to be released... just look at ASFOS. It got released literally 2 days after it was shot... unfortunately it just didn't want to happen this time :( It either must be super complex, or they're having editing problems, or stuff got mixed up, or data was lost, or whatever. You're right, it has to be a delay. Hopefully they don't have to start over 0allll over again.

Now I'm sort of wishing no photos were released... yes. it let us know the band was up to stuff but honestly it's sickening having to wait this long... wish I never knew about it till now because I wouldn't even know about anything and I wouldn't have the stress of waiting for something I know is coming but is taking too long.

Also, you not knowing the date of anything slightly confirms that my theory of a surprise release may not be true... originally I thought that they told you the release date but then told you to keep it secret because it was meant to be a surprise... looks like a surprise release may not be in the cards :( But that'd be cool and it might still happen.

omg what did u hear !

Oh sorry, he can't tell you anything. If he did the band's reputation would get lowered or wrecked or something.... (that's what he said right?)

He did tell us some things however, he said to think of Paradise... I think that's what he said anyway if I recall. Which means it might be another one of my favorite songs. :D :D :D

Then, someone else said that it had the same tempo as Violet Hill.... but then again we don't know how well to trust that claim. It's all rumours of what we think they heard at this point. @Saketblitz is really trustable though, so I'll believe his claim of how to think of Paradise... But most other rumours that have been said probably aren't true and are probably random things said...

Oh sorry, he can't tell you anything. If he did the band's reputation would get lowered or wrecked or something.... (that's what he said right?)

He did tell us some things however, he said to think of Paradise... I think that's what he said anyway if I recall. Which means it might be another one of my favorite songs. :D :D :D

oh. gotcha :)

Here's my current ranking...

1. Viva

2. AROBTTH and X&Y (tied, similar to @I ran away's ranking)

3. Parachutes

4. Mylo Xyloto

5. Ghost Stories

I'm not necessarily an MX detractor. From a pop album perspective it is by far the best in my opinion. As a Coldplay album, though, that is where I think MX falters. Sure, there are songs that I love. Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, Us Against the World, Up With the Birds, and Major Minus come to mind. If you remove the instrumental interludes, that is about half of the album. The rest of the songs aren't necessarily "bad" in my eyes. Issues like cheesiness and poor production keep them from reaching their full potential. Also, Moving to Mars (my favorite b-side) and the sweet Parachutes-like Wedding Bells should never have been left off of that album. If they had been used and the remaining songs had been given the production and better lyrics that they deserved, MX would be much higher in my rankings.

I think I will end up ranking AHFOD between AROBTTH/X&Y and MX. That is purely a guess, based only on the supposed Indian music experimentation and my first impression from Amazing Day. I hope the album will be everything that I feel MX could've been.

If this album is MX improved I will be so happy. As happy as I am with MX it is overproduced and a little cheesy in areas... hopefully AHFOD will fix that if it decides to challenge MX. I think realistically this will end up second or third in my opinion, probably better than X&Y but it might in fact not be as good as MX realistically... but who knows! It could end up being better.. I hope so :D

Then, someone else said that it had the same tempo as Violet Hill.... but then again we don't know how well to trust that claim. It's all rumours of what we think they heard at this point. @Saketblitz is really trustable though, so I'll believe his claim of how to think of Paradise... But most other rumours that have been said probably aren't true and are probably random things said...

haha - it's not the band reputation actually. It's more that when I was told I'd get to see the music shoot and meet the band, it came with a caveat that I shouldn't speak too much about it in days to come. Now, I think it's fine if I discuss the what the song "sounds like" (and it's more than "few days") but let me just confirm with the person who took me there to be completely sure. Once, I get the green light - I can elaborate on song details. Also, while I was there I didn't hear any lyrics - I think mostly because it got drowned in the loud music while Chris pretended to sing! I can't wait to discuss the music video with you guys too!

haha - it's not the band reputation actually. It's more that when I was told I'd get to see the music shot and meet the band, it came with a caveat that I shouldn't speak too much about it in days to come. Now, I think it's fine if I discuss the what the song "sounds like" (and it's more than "few days") but let me just confirm with the person who took me there to be completely sure. Once, I get the green light - I can elaborate on song details. Also, while I was there I didn't hear any lyrics - I think mostly because it got drowned in the loud music while Chris pretended to sing! I can't wait to discuss the music video with you guys too!

Now that's good news though :D

Look forward to some news from you soon man!We neeeed some teasing :)

If they delay the album, I actually wouldn't be too surprised... AROBTTH was delayed because Clocks was written and there were a few tracks they didn't like. X&Y was delayed because they wrote four albums' worth of songs and started over mostly from scratch. VLVODAAHF was delayed because they had a new burst of creativity in late 2007. MX was delayed from 2009 to 2010 and again to 2011. For a while, they had two separate albums in progress, which certainly slowed them down.

On a completely different and more on-topic note...

This band certainly have a very good track record of being 'delayed' with their album releases - since AROBTTH, none of their subsequent releases have been 'on time' by record company/ industry forecasts. If we look at all albums after that, they've been either 2-3+ years after the previous album or roughly 18 months after concluding the associated tour... In fact I was very surprised to see movement on the album release / MV front with their trip to India... By my estimates, they were still a good 6-12 months away from album completion, but then I thought "let's be optimistic, they might have started while still working on Ghost Stories..." I do hope I'm wrong and they set a precedent with this album, but we may be asking too much?

Okay everyone, sorry to ask you that, but I wasn't able to connect myself on the amazing world of internet from saturday 'til now. Could you please recap me what happened here ? (if something did actually happen)

Sorry I won't ask you that anymore for the next 30 years.

Agree that Coldplay is statistically speaking likely to have a delay once again :D

I don't quite agree that AROBTTH has less musical motifs hidden or that its structures are less worthy than those of MX. MX might have slightly more variety in song structure because ever since Viva, Coldplay has experimented with unusual song structures, but that's all. I wouldn't say it varies more in mood; MX presents different nuances of optimism while AROBTTH does the same for desperation and urgency.

I think AROBTTH songs have a very rich sound, neat layering (every time I put them on different speakers I discover a new line, isn't that amazing ? MX on the other hand is often a "wall of sound")

Okay everyone, sorry to ask you that, but I wasn't able to connect myself on the amazing world of internet from saturday 'til now. Could you please recap me what happened here ? (if something did actually happen)

Sorry I won't ask you that anymore for the next 30 years.

absolutely nothing new.

Remember, we're in a coldplay fan forum. Of course, when you spend your time in an echo chamber where everyone is spewing praise for the same music, your perception of coldplay will be a little skewed.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I've read here

I just want something new now. Even knowing that will happen by the end of the month (is just a belief), but arrgh... I want something nooow @____@

And the more they take time, the more I remember the viva era where they want to surprise us with something new and really well done. They put their souls on that record even knowing its not my favorite, but I consider the most diffent and unique album of them, and I could see that they want to give something that could be the best of them. Mx was an album that they want it to be good, of course, but I believe that they don't want to be better than viva, I mean, it feels like in MX they just want something good, but not incredible or so unique, do you guys get what Im trying to say??

The point is that I believe that with AHFOD they do want to do something like they did with viva, not in style but on how the album will affect people, something huge/different where they put a lot of efforts. And I do believe that they are trying to please the 2 sides of fans, the new ones and old ones, with amazing day I could see that the way the instruments are organized seems similar with de old coldplay but at the same time the feeling of the song remembers both sides, and Im please with that cos the thing that I miss the most on them is this thing with the structure of the sound, that every instrument has its own voice, that it doesn't just one follows the other (happens a lot in MX) and mainly the voice does not follows the instruments, it has its own melody.. this is the thing of oldplay that I miss the most... so for now I have at least expectations that its going to be better than MX and GS.. so... I WANT SOMETHING @___________@!! hauhauaahuahaua