✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

While we're waiting for new releases, I have an honest question for you. It is: Do you believe Coldplay's better days / peak are over ? Cause that's what I think and that's why I don't expect a lot from AHFOD. Don't go flaming for this question, I'm just interested in whether you have the same feeling or not ?

Not really. They're changing their style and honestly I really like the direction they are heading. Also, I don't think their peak has past because their peak isn't chronological for me. To explain, I don't think that they are continuously getting better or the other way around. I sorta liked Parachutes then loved AROBTTH then disliked X&Y and then loved VLVODAAHF and so on. So for me they don't really have "better days", just better albums.

Hope it makes sense lol. I'm not really good at writing long and logical arguments because I'm not native.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg

This thread has really gotten off topic. It should be renamed "Radiohead Appreciation/Band's Royalties Discussion". Not complaining, just noticing.

Guest diogo_sg
According to Wikipedia the first track is called 'undetermined' ....another instrumental opener?

I think that's just an info about the first track, whose title is indeed unditermined.

While we're waiting for new releases, I have an honest question for you. It is: Do you believe Coldplay's better days / peak are over ? Cause that's what I think and that's why I don't expect a lot from AHFOD. Don't go flaming for this question, I'm just interested in whether you have the same feeling or not ?

Honestly, I end up loving everything they do, even if I don't like it first listen. However, I do believe some albums are better then others. Here's how I look at it, I have no control over what direction they go in, what songs the write and record, or what they name their songs or albums. So I just enjoy them as much as possible. Thinking this way doesn't cause any disappoint really. My favorite album is probably Viva, but that is most likely because of nostalgic reasons. I got into Coldplay about a year before they released Viva. So that was my first album release I got enjoy, and nothing will ever compare to that. That being said, I love every album. But going back to your question, I personally think their main peak is over. But I feel that there is another on the way. Whether it's LP7 or LP8, we will have to wait and see. [emoji6]

I do think their best days are behind them (my personal belief is they were last at their peak in early 2010). However, I won't necessarily count out the possibility of reaching those heights again. It won't be on AHFOD. Instead it will be after the Parlophone deal has expired. That being said, I think that AHFOD will at least be a step in the right direction. The supposed experimentation with Indian influences is what gives me hope.

Good question. My answer would be both yes and no.

For me, Coldplay's "peaks" don't happen in a chronological order. Their peaks come when they decide they have to prove themselves to the world. I know music is a very subjective topic, so it's hard to speak about certain songs or albums in terms of being "better" than other songs/albums. That being said, the two things that I believe to be good indicators of the quality of a song/album are 1) Strength of the lyrics and how ideas are portrayed 2) Experimentation, evolution, and risk-taking in the melody, instrumentation, structure, etc. that give the song a unique sound (e.g. the song isn't your typical verse-chorus-verse-bridge-chorus with guitar riff #23 that could have been written by any rock or alternative rock band in the last 10 years). If we look at Coldplay's albums in those terms we get:

Parachutes - Lyrics are simple, sweet, and from the heart. No cheesy cliches but nothing all that groundbreaking either. Instrumentation is appropriately quiet and only takes center stage in a few cases (Yellow, Trouble)

ARoBttH - Lyrics range from simple to abstract to gut-punchingly visceral. A lot of the songs drip with the sheer weight of what these lyrics are saying and how they are said. It's dark, it's hopeful, it's real. Instrumentation follows along, and when the lyrics aren't taking center stage, you bet the instrumentation will step up and take over. Politik, In My Place, GPASUYF, Clocks, The Scientist, Daylight, Amsterdam . . . all have these amazing trade-offs between instrumentation and lyrics

X&Y - Lyrics are either abstract or very plainly stated, with pretty much no in-between. Not really any cliches, but a few instances of cheese. This album's more about life's biggest questions and trying to find our way than it is about answering those questions. The instrumentation is really bombastic and gets your attention. There does seem to be a very formulaic approach underlying all of the songs, though (more so than with the first two albums), especially on the first half of the album. That, combined with its length, makes X&Y seem a little boring, a little safe.

Viva - Lyrics are revolutionary, on-the-nose, hard-hitting, and raw. There's hope, fear, love, loss, whimsical happiness, yearning, confusion, and anger. There's very little cheese to be found, and even the subjects talked about are somewhat revolutionary--deviating from the typical cycle of love and loss to include life, death, and the cycle of rebirth. Instrumentation is likewise revolutionary--no two tracks sound the same, yet they all come together as an album more cohesive than any Coldplay album yet. This album is hungry and brazen, just like real-world revolutions.

MX - A few cliches and instances of cheese start to crop up in the lyrics for this one. The subject still centers around that revolutionary aspect, but it takes a back seat to love. Everything is much more plainly said, with little room for speculation. Instrumentation is pretty good--nothing revolutionary. Encompasses the feeling of pop and rock melding together.

GS - Cheese! Cheese and cliches everywhere! Everything sort of gets stuck in this cycle of love and loss which repeats throughout the album. There's nothing new at all being said here. Instrumentation is really lacking compared to other albums, and it makes everything feel sort of empty and cold. Granted, this empty and cold vibe could have been a really cool way of portraying that hopeless feeling you get after a breakup, but in order to pull that off you need some really stellar lyrics to hold everything together, and that didn't happen.

Taking all of these into consideration, the two albums that are usually considered to be Coldplay's "best" (ARoBttH and Viva) came at a time, as I said, when the band set out with something to prove. For ARoBttH, it was to prove they weren't "soft, indie-rock bed-wetters" and for Viva it was to show that they hadn't gone stale and could break out of the alternative-rock box the world had put them in. That being said, I don't think Coldplay is past their peak. I think they can still put out another ARoBttH or Viva, but they need to have the drive to do so. Something needs to light their fire again and give them back their hunger.

That got long, sorry :lol:

coldplaykb, your 2 quote's are in red.

I ran away, your 2 quote's are in blue.

jer123, your quote's in gold.

gentleparachute, your quote's in green.

Rickulus, your quote's in magenta.

Lobabe, your quote's in orange.

woohoo37, your quote's in dark purple.

Sparky, your quote's in turquoise.

Maybe I'll get back to @ColdplayingKansas' comment in a little while, I just went through this thread and typed a whole lot so that's not in the cards right now, maybe sometime down the road today:D

News about that video has to be coming soon. No way they shoot a video in mid September for use in November or December. I mean' date=' I suppose they could but I think it's unlikely. I think we will see something by October 30 the latest. Not trying to hype people up, that's just me speculating. Could be the 16th, the 23rd, or the 30th. I have honestly gotten so tired of waiting for something every single week since the end of July, its become extremely exhausting. I have no expectations and am just going to live life and see what happens. That being said I still think that something will come in 3 weeks or so, but I will not be disappointed if doesn't. Put it this way, if the rumors happen to be true about a tour starting in November, then we will see a surprise release this month. But only time will tell.[/quote']

I agree with everything you said. It'd make no sense whatsoever to shoot a music video in mid September for use in a few months down the road... something has to be coming soon because I'm getting a little sick of waiting as well, and it shows in this thread, we're going completely off topic in the last page completely forgetting what the thread was even supposed to be about in the first place. In the last few days, since Coldplay has been so quiet about AHFOD I've literally forgotten about it until someone brought it up yesterday... that's how sad this is becoming. It has to be sometime this month logically.... I hope the 16th will bring something new but it could be right at the 30th, who knows. I have no real expectations either, I don't want to be dissappointed.... but it just wouldn't make sense for them to not release at least some news and a single this month.

I personally think their main peak is over. But I feel that there is another on the way. Whether it's LP7 or LP8' date=' we will have to wait and see. [emoji6']

^ THIS. Is what I'm talking about when I mention that they might start a downhill trend than go up again.

Thanks, man. You put into words my thoughts better that I could have myself. :D

@cp:The Howard Stern interview was actually around the release of Mylo Xyloto if I remember correctly. I knew it only refers to royalties and not touring, in fact I also mentioned that myself in an earlier post of mine. :)

What I'm just trying to say is with the fortune they all have it's actually completely unnecessary for Chris to go for even more money and I stay with my personal opinion that it doesn't make him look good there. It would have been nicer of keeping this early ideal of equality between the band members alive, for Coldplay basically grew up with it.

The equal split in earlier days, I read about it in written biographies like "Viva Coldplay" and online, but I'm sure it goes down to an interview with Chris or the band at that time. I'm gonna find this out for you and post a link when I find the time.

Hmmm I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the Howard Stern interview I was talking about. Here's the interview I was talking about. It does mainly mention him getting kicked out of Coldplay but it does mention royalty-splitting as well if you scroll down a little ways... and it also mentions this was the first of a four-part interview released on April 28 (of last year, this article was released last year after all). Which is around a month and a half before GS was released.

As for the splitting, it really is unneccessary for Chris to go for more money but really it makes sense, he does play a bigger role in song-writing than the other band members... They're lucky that Chris doesn't have even a bigger share to be honest. Chris is being quite fair in this case, with everything else split equally, I think that's a pretty good deal. As I said before there is no confirmed evidence that I know of that would support the claim that all royalties were split 25-25-25-25 back in Coldplay's earlier days. Coldplay is famous for splitting their money (mostly) equally, you know...

Hmm... sounds good (about finding a link)

While we're waiting for new releases' date=' I have an honest question for you. It is: Do you believe Coldplay's better days / peak are over ? Cause that's what I think and that's why I don't expect a lot from AHFOD. Don't go flaming for this question, I'm just interested in whether you have the same feeling or not ?[/quote']

You know what, after GS you might be right. :cry: Not saying that album's bad, because IMO it definetely isn't, but most of the songs just sound plastic-y. They don't sound as legitimate as some of their older songs, they don't sound quite as deep with the GS sounds. Not to hate on GS but it's simply not as good as some of their previous works. That being said GS is trillions of light-years better than most pop songs on the radio today and I'd listen to GS any day over that. I still very much enjoy GS but that kind of signified a downhill trend.

Now, the question still remains if their best days are done for good yet. The answer to that is, we'll just have to wait and see. Chris' breakup could have had a major impact on the quality of GS... so that could have been just a one-time thing, and maybe they'll be back to making absolutely gorgeous music in AHFOD again. You can start to see this happen, as you can tell some of their newer works are much, much better than most of GS combined. This could be because the impact that his break-up had on him is fading, and he's getting over it now, and he's starting to write better tracks again, which would be great if that was the case. Gone But Not F. Cotton is a great sign of things to come IMO, as it did have a bit of a clean poppy sound but the song itself is gorgeous... better than a lot of GS combined. It very much resembles Amazing Day IMO, they have a lot of the same sound in it. They both don't have the most original melodies ever but they're still a great sign of things to come IMO, we'll just have to wait and see what's coming... just like every track that comes just before an album it has a bit of that album's sound in it, so we're most likely getting a very clear preview of what is to come for AHFOD... at least some of AHFOD.

As @jer123 mentioned:

It really depends on what kind of music you want.After all AHFOD is their last album for awhile so i do have high hopes for it' date='hopefully there are some great songs that will become classics[/quote']

This is most likely their last album for a while (as him comparing this to the end of an era) so it's expected that they'll pour everything they have into it (hopefully), and spawn some (hopefully) Oldplay-level classics. Maybe another Viva, another Paradise. That'd be freaking amazing, no song in GS even comes close to those two masterpieces... hopefully AHFOD will have at least one, even two if they really are trying. Which I expect them to do, because, again, why not try your hardest if it's going to be one of the last things you're doing in a while (presumably, from the information we have)?

:thumbsup: Thanks for this article' date=' I really enjoyed reading it (inaccuracy on the Coldplay 'fact' aside)! And I think the article does illustrate quite well how CP have continued to last for this long... They have virtually resolved all the issues highlighted in the article well before these had an opportunity to become problematic.[/quote']

I really do agree... they're great at resolving issues before they become problematic, it's really interesting to see how they've became so popular for so long and I like how this article really explains that, it explains how CP stayed together for a long time. It was a great read too, I looked it up when @I ran away mentioned Chris getting kicked out of Coldplay, I decided to look that up and I came across that article, with band royalty splitting information also included inside, which was a great plus.:D

Not really. They're changing their style and honestly I really like the direction they are heading. Also, I don't think their peak has past because their peak isn't chronological for me. To explain, I don't think that they are continuously getting better or the other way around. I sorta liked Parachutes then loved AROBTTH then disliked X&Y and then loved VLVODAAHF and so on. So for me they don't really have "better days", just better albums.

Hope it makes sense lol. I'm not really good at writing long and logical arguments because I'm not native.

I do sort of share some of the same thoughts as you... they're changing their style (yet again) and the direction they're headed this time seems to be great! It's sort of all over the place for me as well when it comes to Coldplay's albums, for example, I quite like Parachutes, I love AROBTTH, I LOVE X&Y, I do like VLV, I LOVEEEE MX, and I do like GS, however, there is a bit of an order to it IMO. They had a good start with Parachutes, then were amazing for most of the time in the middle four albums, and then are falling back down in GS. As I said up above GS is starting to see a downhill trend but then again that's probably because of Chris' break-up. They're starting to make magnificent tracks again I'm feeling and they might be back to their "magnificent" phase again for a while.

In my opinion Coldplay does have a slight resemblance of a peak and a downfall in their albums thus far but it definetely isn't straight up, then once they come back down they're never going up again... they could definetely go right back up again. :)

I wouldn't say that Radiohead is a better band. But Radiohead is an art band. And Coldplay' date=' I love them, but they've never been an art band. [b']They follow too close to the pop formula.[/b] They don't mess with around with the thin line of noise and music like art bands, like NIN or Radiohead..or Pink Floyd. Now do I think that Coldplay is just a more simple band that can't do that?

No. Not at all. I think Coldplay chooses to make music to the pop crowd but they could go the art rock way too- but studio-heads and the people whispering into their ears..would be very upset about this. Coldplay basically has shareholders. They're their own economy. Really. And it takes a very ..up yours ..attitude to start saying..."you know...we're gonna make music that a lot of people aren't probably going to like".

I don't think Coldplay has the art-rock attitude, but not that they couldn't.. go that route. Look at Moving To Mars.

In my opinion, Coldplay's too "out there" to follow the pop formula. They follow it a little bit but in my opinion they really have their own formula, they have their own sound to them, and they have all different kinds of sound in each album... still IMO they're too "out there" to follow the pop formula. If you hear radio pop you'd know what I'm talking about, Coldplay's "pop" (minus PoC) doesn't really sound like pop at all... Coldplay's music seems to be so.. different yet similar. I don't know how to describe it... but one thing's for sure, it doesn't follow the pop formula :D

That being said, Coldplay is closer to the pop formula than Radiohead is (obviously)...

According to Wikipedia the first track is called 'undetermined' ....another instrumental opener?

Also the Wikipedia article confirms it will be released in Autumn 2015... time to get our hopes up :D Hopefully sooner rather then later :D

As for the undetermined track, as @diogo_sg said, it's most likely just an undetermined track...

That's a bit of an oxymoron. Being objective is not the appropriate word to describe the point, since those views of Radiohead being better are down to your concept of music (i.e your opinion). They're certainly more complicated musically but there isn't any right or wrong answer. Myself personally, Radiohead have grown on me over the years. Instrumentally, they're excellent I think but Thom Yorke's vocals, with the exception of some songs I always listen to, they really really grate on me. Being on a Coldplay forum, many fans aren't going to share the same view you've expressed.

Also, it's not really on topic. It's discussion about 'A Head Full Of Dreams'. Do you want to start a topic on it and i'll get the posts moved over for you?

LOL many posts on here haven't been on topic recently xD we had a good laugh about it earlier... we should try to get this thread back on topic even if there's no news coming from the band in regards to AHFOD, there probably will be soon... hopefully... plz Coldplay :cry:

Cool how people have different histories for the bands discography, I think mine is closely allied with music fans in general more than the Coldplay fan base. I'd write it like this:

They started brilliantly with the guitar-pop gem of Parachutes, clearly heavily influenced by The Bends (as everyone was around that time) but providing a distinctly more melancholy, less paranoid tone.

They then expanded on this to provide the quientiseential Coldplay album, A Rush of Blood to the Head with a rockier, more fleshed out sound and some all-time classics.

After this, however, they tried too hard to replicate that formula and made an overwhelmingly mediocre album in X&Y.

Realising they could not stay with piano/Rock-pop music any more, they had a surge of creativity and made their most expansive yet cohesive album, Viva la Vida.

However they decided not to expand on this experimentation but move into more standard pop music, resulting in a pair of albums that were great for style but not substance - Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories.

I wonder in a few years what I'll write for A Head Full of Dreams - hopefully:

But then they reversed their downward trend with a record that tied up their discography with a triumphant blend of rock, pop and acoustics in the classic "A Head Full of Dreams"

Here's why I disagree on the fact that Radiohead is better than Coldplay. I'm a musician myself- and early on I was making very 'Radiohead-like' sounds, textures, etc.. Now before I go any further, I'll just say...I'm not as good as Radiohead, by FAR. But many Radiohead fans on Twitter did like my music, etc.. But it's easier for me to create ..layers of textured sound, like a band such as Radiohead or NIN would do. But what I couldn't do was just have one piano track ...and make a simple melody with simple haunting vocals- clean vocals.

Coldplay almost, and to me I think is one of their biggest missions ..is to go back to the era of Parachutes and AROBTTH and be able to do- is be SIMPLE and melodic...and heart wrenching. Because Radiohead can be heart wrenching too, but not in the same ...pound for pound- simple - one piano track/clean vocals..not drowned in reverb- kinda simple.

In fact, I think that's why they started working with Jon Hopkins. That guy did the opposite of what Coldplay did- he's all texture. And I have known Coldplay to try their hand at textured songs- lots going on...like some songs off of VLV. But to me- I can tell it's not their strong suite.

Sorry to distract from Radiohead for a second (after all, this thread isn't even supposed to be about Radiohead:P) is... I was just rewatching GC and one thing I've noticed about the iHeartRadio festival is that he has "Love" taped on one shoe and "Gratitude" on the other as we all should know by now. This could be anything... but then in the GC festival at one point he says "Love & Gratitude". That's what inspired me to make this comment, that moment.... that I only realize now may connect to iHeartRadio. It just came right out of the blue while watching GC...

Interesting, right? He had the words Love and Gratitude taped on opposite shoes and then says the phrase out loud in GC... coincidence? I think not!

Possible tease?:D

Guest diogo_sg
Sorry to distract from Radiohead for a second (after all, this thread isn't even supposed to be about Radiohead[emoji14]) is... one thing I've noticed about the iHeartRadio festival is that he has "Love" taped on one shoe and "Gratitude" on the other. This could be anything... but then in the GC festival at one points he says "Love & Gratitude".

Interesting, right? He had the words Love and Gratitude taped on opposite shoes and then says the phrase out loud in GC... coincidence? I think not!

Possible tease?:D

I think he had that taped on his shoes on the GS era as well. But it really is curious. New song title?

I think he had that taped on his shoes on the GS era as well. But it really is curious. New song title?

This is certainly interesting... I think one other person also mentioned this was possible too. I really don't think it could be a coincidence to have "Love" and "Gratitude" taped on his shows one festival, than in the next he says the phrase out loud... something seems a little strange here... One thing's for sure, they've definetely got new outfits and looks in their last two festivals, they look completely different now with that orange thing they wrap around everything, and the foriegn text as well is interesting. That's obviously new stuff from the new era, with Indian influences. It's certainly interesting to see their setup onstage as it definetely provides a visual preview to what AHFOD will involve and include.

It's interesting, a song title?

coldplaykb, your 2 quote's are in red.[/color]

I ran away, your 2 quote's are in blue.

jer123, your quote's in gold.

gentleparachute, your quote's in green.

Rickulus, your quote's in magenta.

Lobabe, your quote's in orange.

woohoo37, your quote's in dark purple.

Sparky, your quote's in turquoise.

Maybe I'll get back to @ColdplayingKansas' comment in a little while, I just went through this thread and typed a whole lot so that's not in the cards right now, maybe sometime down the road today:D

I agree with everything you said. It'd make no sense whatsoever to shoot a music video in mid September for use in a few months down the road... something has to be coming soon because I'm getting a little sick of waiting as well, and it shows in this thread, we're going completely off topic in the last page completely forgetting what the thread was even supposed to be about in the first place. In the last few days, since Coldplay has been so quiet about AHFOD I've literally forgotten about it until someone brought it up yesterday... that's how sad this is becoming. It has to be sometime this month logically.... I hope the 16th will bring something new but it could be right at the 30th, who knows. I have no real expectations either, I don't want to be dissappointed.... but it just wouldn't make sense for them to not release at least some news and a single this month.

^ THIS. Is what I'm talking about when I mention that they might start a downhill trend than go up again.

Thanks, man. You put into words my thoughts better that I could have myself. :D

Hmmm I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the Howard Stern interview I was talking about. Here's the interview I was talking about. It does mainly mention him getting kicked out of Coldplay but it does mention royalty-splitting as well if you scroll down a little ways... and it also mentions this was the first of a four-part interview released on April 28 (of last year, this article was released last year after all). Which is around a month and a half before GS was released.

As for the splitting, it really is unneccessary for Chris to go for more money but really it makes sense, he does play a bigger role in song-writing than the other band members... They're lucky that Chris doesn't have even a bigger share to be honest. Chris is being quite fair in this case, with everything else split equally, I think that's a pretty good deal. As I said before there is no confirmed evidence that I know of that would support the claim that all royalties were split 25-25-25-25 back in Coldplay's earlier days. Coldplay is famous for splitting their money (mostly) equally, you know...

Hmm... sounds good (about finding a link)

You know what, after GS you might be right. :cry: Not saying that album's bad, because IMO it definetely isn't, but most of the songs just sound plastic-y. They don't sound as legitimate as some of their older songs, they don't sound quite as deep with the GS sounds. Not to hate on GS but it's simply not as good as some of their previous works. That being said GS is trillions of light-years better than most pop songs on the radio today and I'd listen to GS any day over that. I still very much enjoy GS but that kind of signified a downhill trend.

Now, the question still remains if their best days are done for good yet. The answer to that is, we'll just have to wait and see. Chris' breakup could have had a major impact on the quality of GS... so that could have been just a one-time thing, and maybe they'll be back to making absolutely gorgeous music in AHFOD again. You can start to see this happen, as you can tell some of their newer works are much, much better than most of GS combined. This could be because the impact that his break-up had on him is fading, and he's getting over it now, and he's starting to write better tracks again, which would be great if that was the case. Gone But Not F. Cotton is a great sign of things to come IMO, as it did have a bit of a clean poppy sound but the song itself is gorgeous... better than a lot of GS combined. It very much resembles Amazing Day IMO, they have a lot of the same sound in it. They both don't have the most original melodies ever but they're still a great sign of things to come IMO, we'll just have to wait and see what's coming... just like every track that comes just before an album it has a bit of that album's sound in it, so we're most likely getting a very clear preview of what is to come for AHFOD... at least some of AHFOD.

As @jer123 mentioned:

This is most likely their last album for a while (as him comparing this to the end of an era) so it's expected that they'll pour everything they have into it (hopefully), and spawn some (hopefully) Oldplay-level classics. Maybe another Viva, another Paradise. That'd be freaking amazing, no song in GS even comes close to those two masterpieces... hopefully AHFOD will have at least one, even two if they really are trying. Which I expect them to do, because, again, why not try your hardest if it's going to be one of the last things you're doing in a while (presumably, from the information we have)?

I really do agree... they're great at resolving issues before they become problematic, it's really interesting to see how they've became so popular for so long and I like how this article really explains that, it explains how CP stayed together for a long time. It was a great read too, I looked it up when @I ran away mentioned Chris getting kicked out of Coldplay, I decided to look that up and I came across that article, with band royalty splitting information also included inside, which was a great plus.:D

I do sort of share some of the same thoughts as you... they're changing their style (yet again) and the direction they're headed this time seems to be great! It's sort of all over the place for me as well when it comes to Coldplay's albums, for example, I quite like Parachutes, I love AROBTTH, I LOVE X&Y, I do like VLV, I LOVEEEE MX, and I do like GS, however, there is a bit of an order to it IMO. They had a good start with Parachutes, then were amazing for most of the time in the middle four albums, and then are falling back down in GS. As I said up above GS is starting to see a downhill trend but then again that's probably because of Chris' break-up. They're starting to make magnificent tracks again I'm feeling and they might be back to their "magnificent" phase again for a while.

In my opinion Coldplay does have a slight resemblance of a peak and a downfall in their albums thus far but it definetely isn't straight up, then once they come back down they're never going up again... they could definetely go right back up again. :)

In my opinion, Coldplay's too "out there" to follow the pop formula. They follow it a little bit but in my opinion they really have their own formula, they have their own sound to them, and they have all different kinds of sound in each album... still IMO they're too "out there" to follow the pop formula. If you hear radio pop you'd know what I'm talking about, Coldplay's "pop" (minus PoC) doesn't really sound like pop at all... Coldplay's music seems to be so.. different yet similar. I don't know how to describe it... but one thing's for sure, it doesn't follow the pop formula :D

That being said, Coldplay is closer to the pop formula than Radiohead is (obviously)...

Also the Wikipedia article confirms it will be released in Autumn 2015... time to get our hopes up :D Hopefully sooner rather then later :D

As for the undetermined track, as @diogo_sg said, it's most likely just an undetermined track...

LOL many posts on here haven't been on topic recently xD we had a good laugh about it earlier... we should try to get this thread back on topic even if there's no news coming from the band in regards to AHFOD, there probably will be soon... hopefully... plz Coldplay :cry:

Glad to see someone else agrees with me!

That's funny, I don't remember Chris saying "love and gratitude" at all but it sounds to me like a tease! It could be a song title, a little like "falling snow" on his outfit. What if Falling Snow is a Christmas Lights kind of song that somehow fits in with the album's themes? Or, as someone said a while ago, a hint of a December release date (which of course people from the southern hemisphere wouldn't understand).