LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest howyousawtheworld
I would say it was more pop than rock. Jonny didn't seem to dominate the entire song and had fillers in between (and one prominent part? - unsure of this)

I would say more miracles than MX or GS

Oh boy....I have to say that has sent my expectations crashing into the ground. If they make an album like Miracles I think I might just buy the album just to derive satisfaction from burning it.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Just curious, what's wrong with them?

It was a joke. There's nothing wrong with them, i like them. I listen to them sometimes. It's just that it'll be weird if coldplay starts to sound like them instead of finding their own style for this album.

First of all, sorry to all those who replied to my super-long post a few pages back and never got a response. My laptop charger died and this is the first time I've been back in the world of the Internet for like five days :lol:

Just curious, what's wrong with them?

Most people's complaints seem to be:

1) They're very bland, safe, and unremarkable (personally, I like "How to Save a Life" but that's it)

2) Their sound never changes. It's impossible to tell what album a certain song may have come from just by listening to it

People, people, people. Coldplay is a famed international band. Some of their listeners consist of people who listen to Nicki Minaj and Tiesto as well as Coldplay. Also it's their first single and they want to draw other people to their music. They aren't making songs just for the Oldplayers. So a pop-rock song for the FIRST single would make the most sense to appeal to most audiences and still impress their current fans AND get a spot on the charts. Plus if they kept making songs that sound like Parachutes and AROBTTH they would end up like U2 and Oasis who's songs all sound the same. By the way when I said bigger and better I didn't mean in terms of like top 10 best, I meant like stylistically and production wise

Yup. They seemed to have never discovered their own sound after How To Save A Life became a hit, and from there, it's all the same. I know people say that about Coldplay, but Coldplay is wildly different with each album while still having that unmistakeable Coldplay sound. The Fray, however, doesn't have that voice and makes them very, very unremarkable.

People, people, people. Coldplay is a famed international band. Some of their listeners consist of people who listen to Nicki Minaj and Tiesto as well as Coldplay. Also it's their first single and they want to draw other people to their music. They aren't making songs just for the Oldplayers. So a pop-rock song for the FIRST single would make the most sense to appeal to most audiences and still impress their current fans AND get a spot on the charts. Plus if they kept making songs that sound like Parachutes and AROBTTH they would end up like U2 and Oasis who's songs all sound the same. By the way when I said bigger and better I didn't mean in terms of like top 10 best, I meant like stylistically and production wise

Of course the first single will be pop/rock, did we expect anything different? I didn't.

First of all, sorry to all those who replied to my super-long post a few pages back and never got a response. My laptop charger died and this is the first time I've been back in the world of the Internet for like five days [emoji38]

Most people's complaints seem to be:

1) They're very bland, safe, and unremarkable (personally, I like "How to Save a Life" but that's it)

2) Their sound never changes. It's impossible to tell what album a certain song may have come from just by listening to it

Yeah I get what your saying. I like a few of their songs but your right. I wouldn't be able to tell you the album each one is from because they all sound like they are off the same one.

so speaking of the " first " single which one do you like the most from their other albums

[video=youtube;u8XFFTWwSvY]

Shiver

[video=youtube;gnIZ7RMuLpU]

In My Place

[video=youtube;0k_1kvDh2UA]

Speed Of Sound

[video=youtube;IakDItZ7f7Q]

Violet Hill

[video=youtube;fyMhvkC3A84]

Every TearDrop Is a waterfall

[video=youtube;Qtb11P1FWnc]

Magic

so speaking of the " first " single which one do you like the most from their other albums

[video=youtube;u8XFFTWwSvY]

Shiver

[video=youtube;gnIZ7RMuLpU]

In My Place

[video=youtube;0k_1kvDh2UA]

Speed Of Sound

[video=youtube;IakDItZ7f7Q]

Violet Hill

[video=youtube;fyMhvkC3A84]

Every TearDrop Is a waterfall

[video=youtube;Qtb11P1FWnc]

Magic

Violet hill and shiver. [emoji173]️

The first 5 lead singles are all amazing imo. Magic was the first lead single that didn't immediately make me excited about the album and wasn't that great of a song. I mean, it's a pretty good song, but it feels too safe, almost too radio-friendly. Maybe I was just underwhelmed after hearing the spectacular Midnight.

Umm wow - didn't want to squash people's hopes or anything. I think someone rightly mentioned that if closest I could think of the song was miracles doesn't mean that it's super similar. In fact, I thought the single (I might know what it's called actually) was better than miracles. It was a solid pop rock song with bass drops + one surprise element (can't confirm that right now). It is nothing like amazing day. And guys, relax - as Jonny said it might come soon.