✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Hopefully the song and video is out soon so that I can discuss more about my experience - the person I talked to also knew a bit about the lyrics which surprised me cos I didn't hear them properly but he/she knew the chorus.

Does the song sound more like ghost stories, mx or something entirely different?

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg
I would say it was more pop than rock. Jonny didn't seem to dominate the entire song and had fillers in between (and one prominent part? - unsure of this)

I would say more miracles than MX or GS

Somewhere, an Oldplayer is crying.

The album could be out soon. They will be headliners next year at Glastonbury.

Quote from the article:

Coldplay will bring the 2016 Glasto weekend to a close with a Sunday night Pyramid Stage set including songs from new album A Head Full Of Dreams and their back catalogue.

https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/654219556605571072

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/6690360/Coldplay-headline-act-at-Glastonbury-for-fourth-time.html

Guest diogo_sg
Im definitely crying for sadness if we get something similar like Miracles.

But thats just me.

Less Jonny, electronic drums,more like Miracles . ..kind of nightmare to me.

Just wait until you hear the song and/or the album. Then, freak out. Or not.

Guest diogo_sg
I hope it's not like amazing day, that was $hit, like real bad!

I doubt it is. But we have @Saket to answer this better.

^^Seconded that notion. We need to hear the track before judging.

First of all, Miracles was close to being a really great song but didn't quite get there. We also don't know if mechanical drums means electronic or just a simple tight rhythm section. HLH has very mechanical drums if you ask me, because they are so repetitive. Remember this could be something completely new!

A lot of us predicted GS to sound like Atlas but that wasn't fully the case. When new Coldplay stuff emerges you can only slightly compare it to something else even if it is a completely different song! THink ASFOS. Folks who heard that before all of us said, and I am paraphrasing "it has the most amazing chorus and a huge rock piano hook and Jonny plays a big part!"

That of course only turned out to be partially true. The true nature of the song none of us can really predict. If it is pop, so be it, but we don't know if that will mean instrumentally. It is a Coldplay single so yeah, it is going to have a huge chorus and catchy hook!

Guest diogo_sg
I dont think its about you to tell me what to do, thx.

"Any news " you remember?

I wasn't telling you what to do ffs. Jeez! Don't freak out and start 'fights' about insignificant things...again. I was simply saying you shouldn't make assumptions without actually hearing the song. That's it!

Besides, I've already apologized for that 'any news' thing. But I guess everything I do stays in some sort of Coldplaying criminal record. Beware!

Guest diogo_sg
I dont know where youre implying any "fight ".

Anyway, and again :

IF it is in the same direction like Miracles, I wont like it because its too bland for my taste of music.

Thats it, too

;)

'Fight', 'fuss', whatever you want to call it.

I was just advising you. Now I see my advice wasn't welcome. That's ok. Life goes on [emoji23]

But my own point of view doesnt depend on your advice. Saket told us its more like Miracles. I said if its really like Miracles, I definitely wont like it. We simply got different opinions, I just dont like everything they do.

Others will say "great, I love Miracles ". Deal, its subjective. If he had said "prepare for a Violet Hill 2.0" i would have been all over the moon, subjective again. Thats what music stands for.

Hi guys, I talked to the person and they basically gave me a yellow light. I can't speak in super detail about the song and definitely not in detail about the contents of the music video . I'm really sorry but I want to honor him/her. I can though tell you what it "sounds like" and little bit of elements that are involved in the song (apologies if you know most of it) - I thought it was an upbeat song with soaring chorus part (at least musically) and piano hooks. The drums in the song reminded me of their recent albums i.e. more mechanical drums than older era. All in all, I thought it was a solid pop rock song that you can dance to and should well on charts.

Really sorry if you got your hopes up about the song and music video details after what I said before.

Meh... Really meh.

Somewhere, an Oldplayer is crying.

Good one haha.. Well this song is starting to sound... Super basic, more basic than what the pictures of the shoot promised. But we'll see what we get and hopefully sooner than we expect, let it leak!

Guest diogo_sg
But my own point of view doesnt depend on your advice. Saket told us its more like Miracles. I said if its really like Miracles, I definitely wont like it. We simply got different opinions, I just dont like everything they do.

Others will say "great, I love Miracles ". Deal, its subjective. If he had said "prepare for a Violet Hill 2.0" i would have been all over the moon, subjective again. Thats what music stands for.

I really don't want to start yet another Mortal Kombat here, so let's friendly call it quits.

Guest diogo_sg
Good one haha.. Well this song is starting to sound... Super basic, more basic than what the pictures of the shoot promised. But we'll see what we get and hopefully sooner than we expect, let it leak!

I'm still confident about the song and extremely excited to know its lyrical content. Hope is all we have left!

Guest diogo_sg
It was no Kombat.

You got your opinion, I got mine.

These are very different. End.

Just a small note: I was referring to the Old vs New thing, in case you misread me.

Coldplay could make a pretty basic album here. I know we all feel really excited about a song that is shocking and really different, but they could just whip out a solid adult contemporary pop rock record hahaha

Amazing Day is very pleasant, for example, but little else. Then there is songs like Miracles and Ghost Story which mix around in a pool of very safe, contemporary pop with alt-rock leanings. All I am saying is that they could release an album with a lot of Green Eyes, Warning Sign, Yellow, Ghost Story, etc. Stuff that is really tame, pleasant, and not too ear-bursting.

I hope I am wrong, but this could easily be the case. I would argue that U2's last decade has been exceptionally "dad-rock" and Coldplay could certainly slip into that direction. After all, the boys are getting into their 40's and have kids :D