LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg
Just got an email saying it's coming on the 21st. A delay in shipping! On the good side, it's the day Marty got it!!! :laugh4:

Coincidence? Or not... :thinking:

Just got an email saying it's coming on the 21st. A delay in shipping! On the good side, it's the day Marty got it!!! :laugh4:

Maybe for all orders scheduled to arrive on the 21st, they'll throw in a free vinyl copy of A Head Full of Dreams with a big sticker on the sleeve saying "Including Coldplay's new single, The Ballad of Marty McFly!"

They should later make a compilation album of GS and AHFOD unreleased songs and call it "Night And Day"

:nod:

I will forever hold out hope that after the guys officially retire, they'll re-release each album as a double album with the second disc comprised entirely of unreleased songs.

Each of these second discs will have a title that branches off or is the opposite of the original. E.g. Parachutes / Liferafts; X&Y / DNA; Viva la Vida / Memento Mori, etc. And if we're getting really fancy and have a lot of material to work with, the guys could even craft the "anti-album" to either:

1) Tell the story of the album backwards

2) Mirror the story the album tells, just with different songs or alternate versions of the current "canon" songs

3) Tell a story that's the opposite of the one on the proper album. E.g. a love-centered album would be balanced with an album about revenge

I have lots of ideas. Give me a call, Coldplay's PR manager; we can talk. :awesome:

I will forever hold out hope that after the guys officially retire, they'll re-release each album as a double album with the second disc comprised entirely of unreleased songs.

Each of these second discs will have a title that branches off or is the opposite of the original. E.g. Parachutes / Liferafts; X&Y / DNA; Viva la Vida / Memento Mori, etc. And if we're getting really fancy and have a lot of material to work with, the guys could even craft the "anti-album" to either:

2) Mirror the story the album tells, just with different songs or alternate versions of the current "canon" songs

3) Tell a story that's the opposite of the one on the proper album. E.g. a love-centered album would be balanced with an album about revenge

I have lots of ideas. Give me a call, Coldplay's PR manager; we can talk. :awesome:

I really hope Coldplay is listening....

That's a wonderful idea! I'd love to finally have studio recordings of Solid Ground, Bloodless Revolution, A View From the Top, Famous Old Painters, Ladder to the Sun, Harmless, A Ghost, Don Quixote, a certain song with the initials CK... :p

The list goes on! Why not release the acoustic MX leftovers, some of the 42 scrapped X&Y songs, and turn Prospekt's March into a full album? I like @Archiderp's idea of Night and Day... I will definitely try listening to GS (including Atlas, Ghost Story, and All Your Friends) and AHFOD consecutively.

That's a wonderful idea! I'd love to finally have studio recordings of Solid Ground, Bloodless Revolution, A View From the Top, Famous Old Painters, Ladder to the Sun, Harmless, A Ghost, Don Quixote, a certain song with the initials CK... :p

The list goes on! Why not release the acoustic MX leftovers, some of the 42 scrapped X&Y songs, and turn Prospekt's March into a full album? I like @Archiderp's idea of Night and Day... I will definitely try listening to GS (including Atlas, Ghost Story, and All Your Friends) and AHFOD consecutively.

I'm thinking that the same sort of effect will come if you listen to MX and GS... MX is day and GS is night, it makes total sense. Thinking of listening to them consecutively one day (and probably throwing AHFOD in there as well :p)

I'm thinking that the same sort of effect will come if you listen to MX and GS... MX is day and GS is night, it makes total sense. Thinking of listening to them consecutively one day (and probably throwing AHFOD in there as well :p)

I've listened to MX and GS consecutively and you're right, the same effect is there. Of course, there are thematic differences because GS is far more personal for Chris, but they flow well nonetheless. I would prefer to listen to GS first, because the optimistic "Good things are coming our way" lyrics in Up With the Birds don't quite flow well into GS. AHFOD should fit in there somewhere, though. It might be interchangeable with MX when it comes to the color and happiness.