✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

In all honesty, in my opinion Coldplay were at their creative best at Viva La Vida and AROBTH. In the former, they were trying so many new things + their lyrics moved beyond interpersonal relationships and AROBTH is a great rock album. It's true that MX grew on me and is tied no 3 with Parachutes and now I've accepted band's new sound. If that's the case with any of you guys, you'd like the new single, dance to it and it should become a hit.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Umm wow - didn't want to squash people's hopes or anything. I think someone rightly mentioned that if closest I could think of the song was miracles doesn't mean that it's super similar. In fact, I thought the single (I might know what it's called actually) was better than miracles. It was a solid pop rock song with bass drops + one surprise element (can't confirm that right now). It is nothing like amazing day. And guys, relax - as Jonny said it might come soon.

This intrigues me :charming:

Also, I've been following the band closely for more than a decade now (like a lot of people here) and I understand where the “Oldplayers" come from. But I doubt that Coldplay will go back to their old sounds - at least no Parachutes 2.0 for sure. But I'd definitely want them to experiment more with their sounds and lyrics - get a bit out of their comfort zone like they did in Viva. I hope the new album is along those lines even if the new single might not be. P.S. I am not disappointed or anything before people start hating the new song before listening to it, in fact I liked what I heard.

Umm wow - didn't want to squash people's hopes or anything. I think someone rightly mentioned that if closest I could think of the song was miracles doesn't mean that it's super similar. In fact, I thought the single (I might know what it's called actually) was better than miracles. It was a solid pop rock song with bass drops + one surprise element (can't confirm that right now). It is nothing like amazing day. And guys, relax - as Jonny said it might come soon.

Interesting. Thanks for giving us more hints. [emoji2]

First of all: I want to give a shoutout to @Saket! He has provided quite a bit of information for all of us in for the upcoming album. He's done a lot giving us updates and all... even though he may not be allowed to release some information I think we'd be better off not knowing that anyway at this point... we'd get super impatient lol:P

But still, he's a great guy and he's done a lot for us. Great job @Saket! :D

ColdMartin, your quote's in red.

jer123, your quote's in blue.

ColdplayingfromKansas, your quote's in gold.

stephend2000, your quote's in green.

Saket, your 2 quote's are in magenta.

Aiko, your quote's in orange.

Ronnie O Sullivan, your quote's in dark purple.

EasySuperstition99, your quote's in turquoise.

Archiderp, your quote's in a purplish-grey.

tom043, your quote's in pink.

Suhit, your quote's in light blue.

ov3la, your 3 quote's are in an exceptionally dark purple, almost black.

beastwars, your quote's in maroon.

gacbrandao, your quote's in dark green.

Sparky, your quote's in dark blue.

diogo_sg, I ran out of colors, your quote's in normal black text :P

so speaking of the " first " single which one do you like the most from their other albums

[video=youtube;u8XFFTWwSvY]

Shiver

[video=youtube;gnIZ7RMuLpU]

In My Place

[video=youtube;0k_1kvDh2UA]

Speed Of Sound

[video=youtube;IakDItZ7f7Q]

Violet Hill

[video=youtube;fyMhvkC3A84]

Every TearDrop Is a waterfall

[video=youtube;Qtb11P1FWnc]

Magic

In My Place, yet ETIAW is close. In My Place is just gorgeous... :)

Hmmm..?Oh no...While there might be some good pop songs like Viva or Paradise ish in the album,this means there could be

some True Love/Miracles kind of song?

What. You're kidding me.

Viva? Paradise? GOOD?

Oh man this means we are gonna get a new single soon!!!

Hopefully, at least.

Many signs are pointing to the possible reality that we will get a single soon. They shot the MV (presumably) for the new single... it's been a month since then, and since MV's usually don't take this long I'm hoping they drop something extremely soon. Also, Jonny said he wanted to get it out as soon as possible... this is great news for the first time in a while:D

But, then again, this link may not be trustable. It isn't officially for the band so they could be making stuff up. But to be honest I might think that this link is correct this time... after all, with each passing day the chance goes up of them releasing it!!! :D :D... does that cheer anybody up!:D

First of all, sorry to all those who replied to my super-long post a few pages back and never got a response. My laptop charger died and this is the first time I've been back in the world of the Internet for like five days :lol:

Most people's complaints seem to be:

1) They're very bland, safe, and unremarkable (personally, I like "How to Save a Life" but that's it)

2) Their sound never changes. It's impossible to tell what album a certain song may have come from just by listening to it

LOL that was exactly what I was thinking of when you were talking about The Fray... I was just about to say, how is How To Save A Life a bland song?? It's a great song.. I love it. :)

I hope it's not like amazing day' date=' that was $hit, like real bad![/quote']

*sighhhhhh*

Let's not start a fight again.

Amazing Day, is anything but S***. (minus the title :lol:)

I'd be glad if this was like Amazing Day (minus the title, again), and I'd be so freaking excited if it sounded like Paradise. I'd much rather it sound like Amazing Day than Miracles... :)

Hi guys, I talked to the person and they basically gave me a yellow light. I can't speak in super detail about the song and definitely not in detail about the contents of the music video . I'm really sorry but I want to honor him/her. I can though tell you what it "sounds like" and little bit of elements that are involved in the song (apologies if you know most of it) - I thought it was an upbeat song with soaring chorus part (at least musically) and piano hooks. The drums in the song reminded me of their recent albums i.e. more mechanical drums than older era. All in all, I thought it was a solid pop rock song that you can dance to and should well on charts.

Really sorry if you got your hopes up about the song and music video details after what I said before.

As for the music video, I respect that. I understand that you want to honor the person. :) That's okay... but it is sure weird why they're taking so long... you were saying it was a delay implying that it wasn't that much an advanced video... (unless it is :P) Maybe they went back to the drawing board... maybe they're just ready to release the audio while they work out the MV... but either way from the looks of things we might getthe MV soon according to how Jonny's reacting and the article that described his reation is from a reliable source... but then again we've been hearing that they've been excited for months now. Hopefully now they've got something on the go for real this time... I honestly think it will be released soon becasue the MV was shot so long ago (relatively:P).

At least you could speak about the music in greater detail than before. Thanks for that! :)

We'll know soon, I've got that feeling... hopefully :)

I guess we'll see eventually. :P

I would say it was more pop than rock. Jonny didn't seem to dominate the entire song and had fillers in between (and one prominent part? - unsure of this)

I would say more miracles than MX or GS

Oh... :(

:( At least you said it was a "soaring chorus"... and thus there is hope :D

Not saying that Miracles is bad.. but it isn't the greatest song in the world. I thought it was something more... :(

But I suppose I shouldn't be whining just yet... I'm going to wait until I actually hear the song until I get more sad once I've decided if I love it or not. Unless of course, there's more examples of comparing it to a pretty good song (like Miracles), but not like a top-notch song or anything.

Thanks for the info! Sounds promising!

I wonder if they gave you a yellow light (not green light) to reveal just few details because the song is about to be released :D

Hopefully that's the case... :D

It'd be kind of redundant to release very revealing details about a song when it's just about to be released... that isn't quite likely the reason for why he got a "yellow light" but I'm grateful anyways because he gave the right amount of details about the song effectively without releasing too much info I feel. Just the right amount of info as to give us a "preview"... :P

I'd kind of prefer him not to reveal too much at this point anyways... it's better if we just listen to all the details in-depth when it's released to the world. It's worth the wait I feel... :)

Also, hopefully he didn't give it away because it's a beautiful amazing gorgeous song that is meant to hit you like a brick. It isn't meant to be told fully in detail until you hear it and it hits you like a brick the first time you hear it (like Paradise... which is similar to what he's explaining. "A soaring chorus" gives a lot of evidence as to this "hitting you like a brick" theory... hopefully I'm right :P). I really hope that's the case as well, and it'd be even better with your theory being true as well :D

Bigger and Better than Politik? Especially the "better " is doubtful, at least to me.

Impossible.

To me, Paradise is definetely better, so if it's that type of song it is probably better than Politik.

Not to hate on Politik. It's a great song! :D I enjoy the beginning's rock-style, and how the song progresses is just great and creative to be honest... and the end at least for me hits me like a brick emotionally. What a great finish to a great song. :) And the part leading up to that kind of builds this feeling that something's going to happen.... what a very well made song. :)

Awesome!!! So it's basically a Paradise/ETIAW type song! Nothing wrong with that. We shouldn't have expected another Politik anyway. They've moved on to bigger and better things

Dude, that's just one single. The album opener could be another Politik we never know :P

BTW, listening to AROBTTH while responding to all your quotes... what a magnificent album! You've got to give it it's credit where it's due.. :P

Any1 else suspecting something nearly as good as AROBTTH (A man can dream)

I dunno... it's difficult but they might pull it off..

But then again AROBTTH is such a magnificent album... though Coldplay has been able to top it (that's just my opinion on how I view the albums). Which is quite surprising... :D

It will be november i heard ;)!

Really? Where's the proof? Who told you? Are you joking or not?

Someone else told on here a weeks ago or something that the single would be out 2 days from now (back then)... then they said joking...

So, sorry, I've learned from my mistake. I won't believe it until you provide further details. :)

Just found this on twitter:

Take a look at @phannyCor's Tweet:

I dunno what to think, but then again, my mind is just shouting out RUMOUR and WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE?

Maybe she meant Amazing Day... she said that she saw the video of them playing at GC. It's undoubtedly her judging AHFOD entirely off of Amazing Day, that is most likely all she heard (because she said it came from GC... it was obviously Amazing Day)

She maybe said AHFOD so everyone would get excited for nothing, or she accidentally put AHFOD on there instead of Amazing Day, because... those things happen:P

That's why I hope amazing day won't be on the album.

Well bad news for you, Rik already indirectly confirmed it...

I'm actually excited, since I personally love the track. :D

I know you don't though... :\

I just thought of this' date=' what if on AHFOD, we could hear a song that is very drum heavy possibly the first single? Johnny was all over Hurts Like Heaven, Guy was all over Magic, and this time it could be Will's turn. [emoji2'][emoji106]

Which might mean... another alt rock track??? Could it be??? :D :D :D

Then again, it might not...

This friday? Really? I hope. Knowing coldplay' date=' in every album they have a song with the same title as the album. Lol. Most likely the song called a head full of dreams.[/quote']

Well, GS is a strech though... :P

Coldplayzone is a very reliable source' date=' I'm italian and I've followed them for years ;) (I come from there :D )[/quote']

Yessss! :D :D :D I'm starting to get excited now I can't help it. :D I feel that we will get something very soon!!! I guess since Coldplayzone is a reliable source we can trust their word... we will have something soon for once hopefully finally!!! :D

I'm not going to get too too excited now, just to be on the safe side... let's see how good I stick to my word:P (probably have already broken it a bit :lol:)

But since the article you say is reliable it is good to get excited:P

Thanks for that ^^

Man if AHFOD be better than viva or equal I'll be so much happy haha.. if its a little worse but better than mx and Gs I'll be happy

Hm..? How could something be worse than Viva but better than MX? Doesn't make sense...

(just kidding). Well, in a way anyways. My statement would be true for myself, but it would be different for you... just opinions :D

In my opinion, I will be so freaking happy if it's better than MX. (How could an album be any better than MX??? I guess MX is a little tad cheesy, and a little overproduced... if AHFOD is the same theme sort of as MX without the bit of overproduction and cheesiness (which is unfortunately going to be in the album likely because of Amazing Day (Not to hate on the song, because I do love it. But it is a little bit cheesy... oh well we can dip in some cheese every now and then right?:D) I guess MX does have a bit of a theme that requires a little cheese at some points... and presumably the same will go for AHFOD. But that's alright, a little cheese is okay:D It kind of makes it a liiitttle cringy tho... :p

If the album is better than X&Y but worse than MX, I will be so very happy! :D

If the album is worse than X&Y I guess it'll still be a great album depending on where it goes from there. :D

Some news from Coldplayzone :) Some fans have been speaking to Jonny and Will:

Link to article (needs google translate)

Jonny "Cant wait for the new album"

------------

It 'been a long day than yesterday for Coldplay , totally spent within the walls of the Bakery , intent to attend the last works for publication of A Head Full Of Dreams , their new album.

Some fans have met the group out of their recording studio and managed to steal something more on the imminent launch of their new publication: Chris , just back from Los Angeles, he revealed that 'I can not wait to play again ' , while Will - the more verbose the complex - announced that he literally worshiped India and its colors, its flavors and its atmosphere, as it seemed to be glad [video=youtube;JDEe8q9rnQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDEe8q9rnQ8 is enjoyed the most fans. But it was Jonny to be the most ecstatic, launching into an 'I can not wait to come out the first single and the album' , a clear sign that the new work of Coldplay could see the light in a imminent .

And that feeling was confirmed by Matt McGinn , their faithful collaborator , who announced that he would soon be released the new single and that the new LP will dawn in stores before the end of the year .

Throughout the day, the Coldplay were in the company of Jason Regler , the inventor of[video=youtube;zxYjRx9fJgY]

(Bright Bracelets of myloxylotoiana memory), which wanted to show new features and optimizations of its instruments in view of what will be the promotional tour of A Head Full Of Dreams . The band , according to rumors, he wanted to personally test with Jasoninteraction between music and visual effects of xylobands directly between its four walls of friends.

In short, all the players gathered: A Head Full Of Dreams is about to go on stage ...

Yessss:D Hopefully this article is reliable... hopefully this means a new single is literally about to come soon!!!! :D

Not going to get my hopes up too much though as I don't want to get disappointed..

But if Jonny is freaking excited to release the new single, well they've been excited since a few months ago. Guess what? Nothing's happened. But I gotta feeling that this time will be the time when they stick to their word for once.. after all it does make sense, it's been nearly a month since the photo shoot.

I am honestly really excited for this new up and coming album:D

But I'm confident we'll get *something* before the end of the year. Just be patient and don't worry.

I agree. At the very least, we could get something before the end of the year.... that would make sense anyway.

Sorry for any errors or misinformation caused by this post, I wasn't going to bother proofreading 1000 lines of text :P

Umm wow - didn't want to squash people's hopes or anything. I think someone rightly mentioned that if closest I could think of the song was miracles doesn't mean that it's super similar. In fact' date=' I thought the single (I might know what it's called actually) was better than miracles. It was a solid pop rock song with bass drops + one surprise element (can't confirm that right now). It is nothing like amazing day. And guys, relax - as Jonny said it might come soon.[/quote']

Sounds really great so far! Thanks for reassuring us about the Miracles thing... I like it but that would be a major disappointment to have the new single drop to that level. At least this might be bettter... :D

+ one surprise element... interested to see what that is when that comes out!! :D

It might be an element used never before.... or maybe one that they have used but not a lot... My guess is that it might be some sort of Indian influence and maybe exotic instruments... I'm interested to see what they can come up with in regards to that:D

In My Place is number one first single for me. I personally am not a fan of ETIAW. Just...no. I would say number 2 is a tie between Violet Hill and Magic. I've never been a fan of VLV the album- and there's only 2 songs I listen to (though they're very good songs) which are Violet Hill and Lost. I like 'comfort zone' Coldplay. Haha. When Coldplay starts being too experimental- I get worried.

So when I first heard Midnight- I liked it, but I didn't like it...for Coldplay. It worried me that the whole album would have a lot of songs without choruses, sorta like VLV. But when I heard Magic, all was well in the Coldplay-universe ..to me.

2) Their sound never changes. It's impossible to tell what album a certain song may have come from just by listening to it

This :nod: There's no evolution whatsoever in their music. Like ZZ Top or Creed but that's just me.

Appreciative of the song insights but definitely a little disconcerting. Bass drops like... EDM? That's the only genre that comes to mind when I hear that :shrug:. I'm relieved that I can lower my expectations in advance now. :|

Also' date=' I've been following the band closely for more than a decade now (like a lot of people here) and I understand where the “Oldplayers" come from. But I doubt that Coldplay will go back to their old sounds - at least no Parachutes 2.0 for sure. But I'd definitely want them to experiment more with their sounds and lyrics - get a bit out of their comfort zone like they did in Viva. I hope the new album is along those lines even if the new single might not be. P.S. I am not disappointed or anything before people start hating the new song before listening to it, in fact I liked what I heard.[/quote']

Well GS is kind of sort of like a Parachutes 2.0 already because the melodies are simple, and there's a lot of "space" in between the notes if you get what I mean, acoustic guitar a lot etc. But it's not exactly a 2.0 either because of the synthpop feel to it... it's sort of a 2.0 ish, One things for sure, Oceans sounds very Parachute-y with a GS twist on it... and Ghost Story is just so Parachutes it's not even funny. That's clearly a flashback to Parachutes for me... :P

GS isn't really as good as Parachutes tho lol, Parachute's songs had a lot more flavor to them than most songs in GS..

i remember how someone here claim ASFOS - before it released - will be the next Yellow or something .. so just wait and hear it by yourself

Hahaha, I remember that too. Hearing new music is always subjective, so while I obviously believe Saket, we need to understand one song can be interpreted many ways when it's being heard for the first time.