✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Hi guys, I talked to the person and they basically gave me a yellow light. I can't speak in super detail about the song and definitely not in detail about the contents of the music video . I'm really sorry but I want to honor him/her. I can though tell you what it "sounds like" and little bit of elements that are involved in the song (apologies if you know most of it) - I thought it was an upbeat song with soaring chorus part (at least musically) and piano hooks. The drums in the song reminded me of their recent albums i.e. more mechanical drums than older era. All in all, I thought it was a solid pop rock song that you can dance to and should well on charts.

Really sorry if you got your hopes up about the song and music video details after what I said before.

I know this was a day ago, but thank you very much, Saket! Your insight is very much appreciated. :)

Ahh, so a pop rock song with a big chorus, electronic drums, and a piano hook. That doesn't sound too much like Oldplay to me, but I'm going to wait until I actually hear the song before I begin to compare it with Miracles. Even my initial reaction to the song will probably differ from how I feel about it one year from now. I may despise it and have it grow on me, or I may love it and then get bored of it. Time will tell.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest howyousawtheworld
People, people, people. Coldplay is a famed international band. Some of their listeners consist of people who listen to Nicki Minaj and Tiesto as well as Coldplay. Also it's their first single and they want to draw other people to their music. They aren't making songs just for the Oldplayers. So a pop-rock song for the FIRST single would make the most sense to appeal to most audiences and still impress their current fans AND get a spot on the charts. Plus if they kept making songs that sound like Parachutes and AROBTTH they would end up like U2 and Oasis who's songs all sound the same. By the way when I said bigger and better I didn't mean in terms of like top 10 best, I meant like stylistically and production wise

Wow - U2's songs sound the same?

Could you imagine the chorus of laughter if someone actually came out and said that Achtung Baby sounds just like The Joshua Tree or War sounds just like Zooropa or Pop? U2 have shown more creativity in one album than Coldplay have done in a career. Can't help but think you haven't listened to them much.

Could you imagine the chorus of laughter if someone actually came out and said that Achtung Baby sounds just like The Joshua Tree or War sounds just like Zooropa or Pop? U2 have shown more creativity in one album than Coldplay have done in a career. Can't help but think you haven't listened to them much.

I haven't lol I just couldn't think of another band and I don't like them.

In the 'MX' era they used the "Back to the Future" theme to begin the concerts.

The October 21, 2015, Marty McFly and Doc Brown traveled from past to future in the DeLorean.

October 21 is the next week!

Coincidence? :laugh3:

:eek:

I know i laughed when i read that U2 have shown more creativity in one album than Coldplay have done in a career, if someone said that about Radiohead there'd be no way to argue but U2? I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you're a U2 fan but that's a bit of an overstatement dont you think?

Now there is more evidence that the whole album will have indian perspective. In the new photo from the studio where xylobands are tested there are these indian carpets that were shown in the Game of Thrones the Musical. This means that the guys are working on indian elements and culture since the beginning of the year and it isn't just a single video shoot. I would really enjoy this possibility.:laugh3:

The amount of freak out on these pages = hilarious.

Well, an album that sounds like Miracles... I'm happy. :)

Funny that!

I really hated Miracles at first.

But after re-listening to it, I think this song is pretty great!

I don't want the album to be like ASFOS,

but I want it to be on par with what either Magic or Princess Of China had to offer.

I'm still hyped, because Coldplay never messed up a single album IMO.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I saw this one a few times today.

14lm1jb.png

Have a look at that colourful hat. :-D

[ATTACH]32529[/ATTACH]

I have been rocking this hat for a while now.. Everyone loves it ;) btw that's at the Austin City Limits Festival, hope to see Coldplay there next year!!

Now there is more evidence that the whole album will have indian perspective. In the new photo from the studio where xylobands are tested there are these indian carpets that were shown in the Game of Thrones the Musical. This means that the guys are working on indian elements and culture since the beginning of the year and it isn't just a single video shoot. I would really enjoy this possibility.:laugh3:

They first started working on the album since October of last year, so there might be a range of indian influences, more than we think. [emoji6][emoji106]

Guest diogo_sg
[ATTACH]32529[/ATTACH]

I have been rocking this hat for a while now.. Everyone loves it ;) btw that's at the Austin City Limits Festival, hope to see Coldplay there next year!!

Where did you get that hat?! It's amazing!

Where did you get that hat?! It's amazing!

[ATTACH]32530[/ATTACH]

Amazon!! I bought it for an 80s party earlier this year. I lost one so this is my 2nd haha. I get compliments every time I wear! At the festival this weekend, I even had a guy ask if he could pay 100 for it.. I was like.. No way man.. I love this hat haha!!

Guest diogo_sg
[ATTACH]32530[/ATTACH]

Amazon!! I bought it for an 80s party earlier this year. I lost one so this is my 2nd haha. I get compliments every time I wear! At the festival this weekend, I even had a guy ask if he could pay 100 for it.. I was like.. No way man.. I love this hat haha!!

Haha! Thanks! It really is an amazing cap. Maybe I'll get one for me...

But there's something intriguing me: how do you lose a cap?!

Guest diogo_sg
I went floating at the river and I lost it when I went down a small chute/waterfall.. Worst day ever.

Huh. That's unusual. But look at the bright side: it's a funny story to tell (kinda).