✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the lead singles are good songs and often represent the album well, but none of them are my favourite songs from their respective albums... In My Place and VLV are the ones that come closest!

For me viva la vida doesn't represent the album at all hahahah

I mean, the album is so much better than viva, viva is just a song meant to be radio friendly for me, its a good song but just that, the album have so much more elements and styles that viva does not quite show.. so for me it doesn't represent... haha

^ I love Shiver but there are so many other favs off Parachutes... We Never Change, Don't Panic, Trouble...

For me viva la vida doesn't represent the album at all hahahah

I mean, the album is so much better than viva, viva is just a song meant to be radio friendly for me, its a good song but just that, the album have so much more elements and styles that viva does not quite show.. so for me it doesn't represent... haha

It doesn't represent the full scope of the album but VLV certainly signaled a new direction for that album. And in terms of style and sound, I think it is the most radio-friendly representative song of the album although Violet Hill comes close too

Coldplay could make a pretty basic album here. I know we all feel really excited about a song that is shocking and really different, but they could just whip out a solid adult contemporary pop rock record hahaha

Amazing Day is very pleasant, for example, but little else. Then there is songs like Miracles and Ghost Story which mix around in a pool of very safe, contemporary pop with alt-rock leanings. All I am saying is that they could release an album with a lot of Green Eyes, Warning Sign, Yellow, Ghost Story, etc. Stuff that is really tame, pleasant, and not too ear-bursting.

I hope I am wrong, but this could easily be the case. I would argue that U2's last decade has been exceptionally "dad-rock" and Coldplay could certainly slip into that direction. After all, the boys are getting into their 40's and have kids :D

Warning sign is so bloody beatifull haha. It has thaf final part. And is better than a lot of the new things. And album like warning sign, yellow and even ghost story would make me a lot happier than amazing day hahaha

Guest diogo_sg

Finally! If that is true, I'm more than happy!

Is it safe to assume that the album will be released before the end of the year?

Same thing happened a month or two ago, along with a radio DJ saying Coldplay's next single will be released on Monday. Don't get your hopes up. If it happens, great! :) Until then, it could be on any weekday until the end of the year.

I'm going to be casually optimistic here... let's take this as a good sign of what's coming soon rather than automatically picking Monday as the big day. Remember, now Friday is when singles are released for purchase, and the band can drop the song on YouTube whenever they want. Who knows, "the next few days" could refer to Monday, tomorrow, or anytime in the next week.

Well finally a bit of relief hearing this, after endless months of speculation.. Though yeah still news isn't officially coming straight from the band, the source is the most reliable we've had speak of a release date so far.. It's time ladies and gentlemen!!

Same thing happened a month or two ago, along with a radio DJ saying Coldplay's next single will be released on Monday. Don't get your hopes up. If it happens, great!

Until then, it could be on any weekday until the end of the year.

That's why you're the bossman. Everyone listen to Sparky