✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I can't be the only one who thinks the faux-psychedelic stuff is shit and completely ruins the sleek beauty of the first? PLEASE let the original be the album cover...

I don't think we can judge at this stage, we don't know what they have in store for us yet ;)

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest howyousawtheworld
5f6e1f1fb3ec00f8110f72dcf1e3cd35.jpg

Reminds me of Terry Gilliam's animations from Monty Python. Just set it to the Monty Python theme music.

[video=youtube;-rutX0I6NxU]

I seriously doubt the album will be as surreal as the images with Stargate and the likes on board.

Possibly a second cover sleeve to slide over the top of the original?

Wow, that latest art piece... I'm not sure what to think of it. Psychedelic... but that's how dreams are like - a bit twisted.

If i had to choose one word to describe it, i would say "whimsical".

If it was the album cover, i'd say it's the one with the most depth of all.

But looking at that... I'm not sure at all what kind of music to expect now.

Wow, that latest art piece... I'm not sure what to think of it. Psychedelic... but that's how dreams are like - a bit twisted.

If i had to choose one word to describe it, i would say "whimsical".

If it was the album cover, i'd say it's the one with the most depth of all.

But looking at that... I'm not sure at all what kind of music to expect now.

It's hard to imagine Stargate producing a psychedelic influenced album. Amazing Day doesn't sound like that and supposedly the new single doesn't either. Who knows, though.

Guest diogo_sg

Notice that Coldplay hadn't done a cover like this (lots of things happening at the same time) yet. Like Green Day's Dookie. If they're attempting at a cover like this, I'll happy. I'm also glad to see they preserved the logo/icon in the middle of the cover, even with so many things going on around it.

Coldplay can throw us off the tracks with their first glimpses to a new album. Remember how the reception and the expectations following midnight release was? This could be a similar instant, but since it is artwork, one would expect these to be more representative of the overall music in the album. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let me just say, I like the way this is going, I thought I wouldn't, but now im interested to see what direction this will go.

Although, I am annoyed that this week just happens to be the one week where I have everything happening at once and I don't have time to keep up with all this :(

Guest diogo_sg
Coldplay can throw us off the tracks with their first glimpses to a new album. Remember how the reception and the expectations following midnight release was? This could be a similar instant, but since it is artwork, one would expect these to be more representative of the overall music in the album. We'll just have to wait and see.

Every Coldplay artwork reflects the style and the direction of the album. This one won't be an exception, I hope.

*checks new artworks*

*sees parrots, rainbows, psychedelic references basically everywhere*

... Seems like my initial thought of Coldplay heading to the TROPICAL GOTH - genre wasn't so far off after all :blank:

Hahahahaha! Shit, yeah!

I'm starting to see a lot of old song names in the artwork:

Parachutes, U.F.O, Violet Hill, Moving to Mars (more Saturn actually, but anyway..), Up with the birds.

I think I'm just looking for things to tie all their albums up into this one.. :| Just over-obsessing..never mind..

I don't like it :/ too random that it looks bizarre! It actually looks like a cover of a children's book (because of all those kids & babies) not an album cover

I am not jumping into conclusions & saying this might be the actual album cover, but I am just saying I don't like it..

+ what's all with this repetitiveness? why each element is repeated 4 times?

p.s. the kid carrying the baby reminds me of a young Chris photo carrying his youngest sister

I don't like it :/ too random that it looks bizarre! It actually looks like a cover of a children's book (because of all those kids & babies) not an album cover

I am not jumping into conclusions & saying this might be the actual album cover, but I am just saying I don't like it..

+ what's all with this repetitiveness? why each element is repeated 4 times?

p.s. the kid carrying the baby reminds me of a young Chris photo carrying his youngest sister

Well, they are Coldplay. Not everyone loves what they do.

I for one, loved the GIF as it was again something different and I am very sure that what we saw today was just to show a glimpse of what to expect from the album. I don't see Coldplay doing such an album cover.