✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get the hate on it. These "Newplayers" and their logic make me laugh sometimes.

A constant excuse I'm given for Coldplay's recent blandness and pop orientation is "experimentation" and them "never doing the same thing twice" and then they go and do something that's ACTUALLY experimental and they start talking about how much they hate it :laugh3:

Very interesting cover. If the psychedelia can translate to the actual music and we don't get tracks like Amazing Day I'll be very proud of Chris and co.

I don't get the hate on it. These "Newplayers" and their logic make me laugh sometimes.

A constant excuse I'm given for Coldplay's recent blandness and pop orientation is "experimentation" and them "never doing the same thing twice" and then they go and do something that's ACTUALLY experimental and they start talking about how much they hate it :laugh3:

Very interesting cover. If the psychedelia can translate to the actual music and we don't get tracks like Amazing Day I'll be very proud of Chris and co.

Sure, let's make this an oldplay vs newplay thing. One of the oldplayers leading proponents, KidA, is even negative towards it. Maybe people just have differing opinions and it's not a black and white world? How about we finally stop dividing the forum over stupid shit, and celebrate the common denominator which is the band (in whatever form that takes)?

For the record, I don't identify as a newplayer, nor do I identify as an oldplayer. I'm simply a coldplayer.

Sure, let's make this an oldplay vs newplay thing. One of the oldplayers leading proponents, KidA, is even negative towards it. Maybe people just have differing opinions and it's not a black and white world?

The point I was making was that "Experimentation" is everybody's favourite buzzword around here. This artwork really is experimental, It really is nothing like any of Coldplay's previous artworks.

This is something radical and brave, nothing like the very safe and lukewarm "experimentation" we've come to expect from Coldplay. I absolutely love it, hope the music is just as brave.

The point I was making was that "Experimentation" is everybody's favourite buzzword around here. This artwork really is experimental, It really is nothing like any of Coldplay's previous artworks.

This is something radical and brave, nothing like the very safe and lukewarm "experimentation" we've come to expect from Coldplay. I absolutely love it, hope the music is just as brave.

Fair enough. But I just don't think even bringing up the word 'newplay' in this context adds anying useful to the discussion; it just divides the group unnecessarily.

The artwork video on their official Facebook page is sponsored, with over 650k views already. Means this is very likely to be the actual album cover or they have a one big ass marketing budget if there's more teasers ;)

Definitely the latter, and maybe the former as well. Ghost Stories was pretty low key for a Coldplay album and the record label did miss out on quite a lot of money due to the lack of touring. I can see them wanting to maximize profits by creating as much buzz as possible.

how do even tell if a mamber is a new/old player .. my joining date won't say that but I've been fan of Coldplay since CLOCKS

Means nothing. I've been a fan since LP2 as well. But it's not just how long you've been a fan, it's what era you like. I myself like all eras (unequally, but all nonetheless) so I wouldn't fit either category.

In the end it doesn't really matter. There's a reason why all of us are here on this forum.

And I thought you of all people would appreciate it.

If the cover does appear like the video it'll probably be my second favourite Coldplay cover after AROBTTH.

I like both of these so much more than Ghost Stories. If there's anything I truly dislike about the last era, it was the album art. It seemed very empty and uninspired (although I know that's highly unpopular opinion around here). This one is a bit much in some areas, but I love it overall. If the final album cover looks like this, it'll be in my top three covers of the band.

I like both of these so much more than Ghost Stories. If there's anything I truly dislike about the last era, it was the album art. It seemed very empty and uninspired (although I know that's highly unpopular opinion around here). This one is a bit much in some areas, but I love it overall. If the final album cover looks like this, it'll be in my top three covers of the band.

You have what I'd call... a Twisted Logic [emoji14]

Means nothing. I've been a fan since LP2 as well. But it's not just how long you've been a fan, it's what era you like. I myself like all eras (unequally, but all nonetheless) so I wouldn't fit either category.

In the end it doesn't really matter. There's a reason why all of us are here on this forum.

I'm with you here, this the first mention that .. i love MX more than parachute so yeah it doesn't matter whether is pop music or alternative rock

Sure, let's make this an oldplay vs newplay thing. One of the oldplayers leading proponents, KidA, is even negative towards it. Maybe people just have differing opinions and it's not a black and white world? How about we finally stop dividing the forum over stupid shit, and celebrate the common denominator which is the band (in whatever form that takes)?

For the record, I don't identify as a newplayer, nor do I identify as an oldplayer. I'm simply a coldplayer.

clapping.gif