✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

This art reminds of Kid A but a happy, rated-G version.

This new video is fun and I hope that it does express some of the themes of the album (i.e. space, imagination, nature, zaniness) but I really hope none of these elements make it to the album art.

I think the flower of life theme with colours on a grainy black background would be really good album cover that offers up pop music/ darker music in equal measure. The elements in this new video are downright whacky. It looks like an exerpt from a children's pop-up book in my opinion. So while some might say psychedelic a la Beatles or Pink Floyd, I might argue this art is actually immature at not very aesthetically pleasing taken as a whole...just my two cents.

My theory however is that the flower of life will be the album cover while pieces of this animation could easily be cool art for singles. For example, the kids swinging from planets, in more detail, could be a cool representation of dreams both literally and figuratively (going to the stars). Look at this (similar) art from Pilar Zeta...wouldn't be a great album cover, but add some colour and a kid with the planet I could see a single in the making:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32723[/ATTACH]

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This art reminds of Kid A but a happy, rated-G version.

This new video is fun and I hope that it does express some of the themes of the album (i.e. space, imagination, nature, zaniness) but I really hope none of these elements make it to the album art.

I think the flower of life theme with colours on a grainy black background would be really good album cover that offers up pop music/ darker music in equal measure. The elements in this new video are downright whacky. It looks like an exerpt from a children's pop-up book in my opinion. So while some might say psychedelic a la Beatles or Pink Floyd, I might argue this art is actually immature at not very aesthetically pleasing taken as a whole...just my two cents.

My theory however is that the flower of life will be the album cover while pieces of this animation could easily be cool art for singles. For example, the kids swinging from planets, in more detail, could be a cool representation of dreams both literally and figuratively (going to the stars). Look at this (similar) art from Pilar Zeta...wouldn't be a great album cover, but add some colour and a kid with the planet I could see a single in the making:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32723[/ATTACH]

I 100% Agree!

Guest diogo_sg
Are the children on the cover the band as kids?

Someone said they are, but I'm not sure. It would be pretty nice if they are, though.

Are the children on the cover the band as kids?

Someone said they are, but I'm not sure. It would be pretty nice if they are, though.

It's a pretty creative way of having a picture of the band on the album, but not having a picture....you know what I mean?

Guest diogo_sg
It's a pretty creative way of having a picture of the band on the album, but not having a picture....you know what I mean?

I do. When bands put themselves on the album covers it sort of seems like they're a bit self-centered and don't actually (pardon the expression) give a shit about the artwork. I know this isn't always true but it's just what it seems. So yes, this is a fun and original way of doing things.

If the "psychedelic" cover is the real one, it'll be the worst one they've ever done by some distance IMO. However if the simpler, not-god-awful, design is would rank thusly: ;)

1. Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends

2. A Rush of Blood to the Head

3. Ghost Stories

4. A Head Full of Dreams

5. Mylo Xyloto (graffiti version)

6. Parachutes

7. Mylo Xyloto (MX version)

8. X&Y

What? It's amazing ;)

It looks like what you'd get if you gave a 5 year old a design software. Abominably bad IMO. Still really like the simple one though.

I suspect the zooming-out theory is correct and the flower of life will end up being a small symbol in the middle...

The artwork video on their official Facebook page is sponsored, with over 650k views already. Means this is very likely to be the actual album cover or they have a one big ass marketing budget if there's more teasers ;)

It looks like what you'd get if you gave a 5 year old a design software. Abominably bad IMO. Still really like the simple one though.

I suspect the zooming-out theory is correct and the flower of life will end up being a small symbol in the middle...

And I thought you of all people would appreciate it.

If the cover does appear like the video it'll probably be my second favourite Coldplay cover after AROBTTH.

The artwork video on their official Facebook page is sponsored, with over 650k views already. Means this is very likely to be the actual album cover or they have a one big ass marketing budget if there's more teasers ;)

The one posted today? Or the yesterday one?

Coldplay, please stop getting bigger....I just want you to be our little secret.....lol that sounds weird, but you know what I mean....

my guess is that the first gif is album artwork ( 'cos obviously posters in London and other cities promote actual album cover), ant today's gif is a lead single artwork. And i want to believe that tomorrow we'll get to hear the first single :)