• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH MY GOD I JUST GOT HOME AND LISTENED TO IT

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I HAVEN'T EATEN SINCE SIX O'CLOCK THIS MORNING AND I HAVE 287346 ASSIGNMENTS DUE TOMORROW AND I'M JUST SITTING HERE REPLAYING THIS STUPID THING OVER AND OVER

I KNOW IT'S ONLY LIKE 30 SECONDS LONG BUT THAT DROP MAKES ME THINK OF VIOLET HILL AND THE RIFF MAKES ME THINK OF STRAWBERRY SWING AND IT'S LIKE VIVA HAS BEEN MASHED WITH HURTS LIKE HEAVEN 'LKH/AG;KJHA;SDH

I'M GOING TO CRY

Guest diogo_sg

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I HAVEN'T EATEN SINCE SIX O'CLOCK THIS MORNING AND I HAVE 287346 ASSIGNMENTS DUE TOMORROW AND I'M JUST SITTING HERE REPLAYING THIS STUPID THING OVER AND OVER

I KNOW IT'S ONLY LIKE 30 SECONDS LONG BUT THAT DROP MAKES ME THINK OF VIOLET HILL AND THE RIFF MAKES ME THINK OF STRAWBERRY SWING AND IT'S LIKE VIVA HAS BEEN MASHED WITH HURTS LIKE HEAVEN 'LKH/AG;KJHA;SDH

I'M GOING TO CRY

Calm. Down.

Just saw the latest teaser. I have to say, i kind of saw it coming after yesterday, a little snippet of a song.

Sounded colourful, but too early to judge anything. Guitar sounded like Every Teardrop, but hopefully that riff varies more than in Every Teardrop, because otherwise it gets monotone. But i'd say that background ambient synthy stuff with some filtered vocal sounded good, creates a good atmosphere. There is potential for great song. A lot is at stake, so it better be damn good song.

Let's wait what's the next step tomorrow.

I predict tomorrow they officially announce the song title, maybe give us some lyrics also and that they're going to release it on Friday + some more very big news coming up.

Guest diogo_sg

662c45f95382bb368ce261c5b629ac2c.jpg

According to Phil's mother:

Phil is the one sitting on the cloud. Chris is the one sitting on the Moon. Jonny is the one diving. Will is the one hanging from Saturn. Guy is the one holding a baby (his little brother).

Calm. Down.

no :P

But seriously, in the middle of my most stressful week this semester, this is exactly what I needed. It has that perfect blend of pop and rock sound and that drop at the end sounds a lot heavier than anything Coldplay has ever done (maybe barring 1.36 and the live version of GPASUYF). It's happy, I could see someone dancing to it, but it still has a very Viva or MX-ish vibe to it that I love. I've been dreading that the guys were going to go full-on pop for this album for a long time, and Adventure of a Lifetime (or whatever this is called) is a great breath of fresh air for me in that respect.

For the life of me I can't make out the lyrics. I hope they're just as good as the instrumentation :wacky:

EDIT: It also reminds me of a Bombay Bicycle Club song whose name I can't quite think of...

According to Phil's mother:

Phil is the one sitting on the cloud. Chris is the one sitting on the Moon. Jonny is the one diving. Will is the one hanging from Saturn. Guy is the one holding a baby (his little brother).

That's very interesting! I love that the guys have included themselves in, uh . . . well whatever this is (album/single artwork, promo artwork, live LED display like the running man was, etc.)

I wonder if that means each of the guys will have their "own" song of sorts?

Guest diogo_sg
no [emoji14]

But seriously, in the middle of my most stressful week this semester, this is exactly what I needed. It has that perfect blend of pop and rock sound and that drop at the end sounds a lot heavier than anything Coldplay has ever done (maybe barring 1.36 and the live version of GPASUYF). It's happy, I could see someone dancing to it, but it still has a very Viva or MX-ish vibe to it that I love. I've been dreading that the guys were going to go full-on pop for this album for a long time, and Adventure of a Lifetime (or whatever this is called) is a great breath of fresh air for me in that respect.

For the life of me I can't make out the lyrics. I hope they're just as good as the instrumentation :wacky:

EDIT: It also reminds me of a Bombay Bicycle Club song whose name I can't quite think of...

Haha! Real glad you like it. This album is definitely going to surprise everyone (it already has) with its sound.

PS: but seriously, calm down. Take a deep breath, listen to Midnight and/or The Escapist and relax. Friday is just around the corner and so is a new single (we hope) [emoji6]

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I'M GOING TO CRY

Congrats! I know, I can't stop playing it either....I had to really force myself to concentrate for a 1.5 hour math test...

That's very interesting! I love that the guys have included themselves in, uh . . . well whatever this is (album/single artwork, promo artwork, live LED display like the running man was, etc.)

Phil with his own song?? Yes, please!!!

PS: but seriously, calm down. Take a deep breath, listen to Midnight and/or The Escapist and relax. Friday is just around the corner and so is a new single (we hope) [emoji6]

Haha, no I'm good I promise. I just needed to take a moment to mash the keyboard. I've already moved on to stuffing my face with a turkey wrap and writing up a paper with the song on low in the background :P

Guest diogo_sg

Other posters have already pointed that out. It would be a very interesting thing to see. Time will tell, I guess.

What if the falling of snow on Chris's shirt was actually just hinting at December.

Could be, although the southern hemisphere would be experiencing late spring/early summer in December, so I don't know if the guys would want to give away a hint that would only make sense to half of the world

But I also think that could make a really pretty theme/title so I might just be looking for ways to make it into a song :P

Guest diogo_sg
What if the falling of snow on Chris's shirt was actually just hinting at December.

It could be, it could be. We'll see. It would make a really nice title, though.

Haha, no I'm good I promise. I just needed to take a moment to mash the keyboard. I've already moved on to stuffing my face with a turkey wrap and writing up a paper with the song on low in the background [emoji14]

[emoji23] well, good luck for the rest of the semester.

Im suprised nowone has complained about the autotuned background vocals.

I said it sounds like EDM. but then again it's sposed to be a dance track and I kinda like it so maybe we've all turned new leafs. Plus the qulaity if the gif is bad anyway.

I have no idea what is going to be the tease tmrw

I'm soooooo excited!!!!! I can't listen to it for a long time though because I'm going to be playing concerts for like half the day.

So the fact that some movie production people said they created the visuals makes me think it will be part of some music video, not the cover of the album....definitely just going to be the flower of life on the front....

I said it sounds like EDM. but then again it's sposed to be a dance track and I kinda like it so maybe we've all turned new leafs. Plus the qulaity if the gif is bad anyway.

I have no idea what is going to be the tease tmrw

I'm soooooo excited!!!!! I can't listen to it for a long time though because I'm going to be playing concerts for like half the day.

Actually, when I think about it, the background vocals sound like Madeon's work. But it's too early to tell, just have to wait and see :)

[emoji23] well, good luck for the rest of the semester.

Thank you! :nice:

Im suprised nowone has complained about the autotuned background vocals.

I'm usually not a fan of autotune, but in this case I think it actually works rather well. As long as the singers voice is nice and clear and crisp over the top of them, it should continue to work well in my opinion

EDIT: Is anyone else getting a bit of a Muse vibe from that drop? Especially the sound of their last album?