✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What Vinny said up there about those background synths breaking off onto their own for a short while got me thinking, maybe those synths or Johnny's guitar riff in that song will be the musical theme of the album that they revisit from time to time? The snippet has a very apparent Indian influence, and from what we've seen so far, particularly with the album artwork, this album seems to be very influenced by Indian culture as a whole.

- Think about it for a second, on Ghost Stories it was the introduction ambience on AIMH, which was revisited and developed as a secret track on O.

- On MX the Mylo Xyloto intro theme was revisited on A Hopeful Transmission and the chord structure of the theme could be heard throughout the album in patches, particularly at the end of U.F.O with the guitar chords.

- On Viva La Vida the Life in Technicolor theme was revisited at the end of Death and All His Friend's secret track The Escapist.

Coldplay are pretty big on musical theme ideas it would seem, so maybe this guitar riff or synth pattern will be the theme for AHFOD?

If not this song though, I can't want to here what the theme will be!! Or perhaps there won't even be one. Who knows.

They said on the BBC radio recording that we would be listening [to their 'secret'] from dawn to dusk... Do they mean that they are just gonna keep playing the song over and over, or are we gonna get more? :o . I'm probably interpreting what they're saying wrong but I'm just throwing it out there, haha.

They said on the BBC radio recording that we would be listening [to their 'secret'] from dawn to dusk... Do they mean that they are just gonna keep playing the song over and over, or are we gonna get more? :o . I'm probably interpreting what they're saying wrong but I'm just throwing it out there, haha.

i caught that too. i think coldplay will be on full promo mode friday, giving multiple interviews. also, bbc will play the song many times given the relationship coldplay has with bbc.

i caught that too. i think coldplay will be on full promo mode friday, giving multiple interviews. also, bbc will play the song many times given the relationship coldplay has with bbc.

I hope they can get an interview with Zane Lowe again. I'm sure, given his closeness with the band, he's probably already heard the song.

I love that the song actually sounds like stuff I've been into lately.. Especially with the synth vocal effect on the background. I've repeated it multiple times.. And yeah pretty sure what the bbc means is the tune is out Friday and they'll obviously be playing it through the day

Something tells me that's a subtle hint that the word "awake" appears in the song title.

What if they release the single/video tomorrow, and the big announcement on friday it's a concert or tour in UK/Europe? :)

I dont know if I could handle that haha....i have told myself to save the craziness until friday, but if it drops tomorrow, I would be too excited

What if they release the single/video on thursday, and the big announcement on friday it's a concert or tour in UK/Europe? :)

I don't think so, BBC1 stated they will be playing the surprise from dusk till dawn. Doesn't sound like a tour announcement to me, sounds like a song.

I think Friday is the latest that they could announce any tour dates that will take place before Christmas. Attendees need time to adjust their schedules and the band needs time to rehearse/get everything ready. Remember, they're using a brand new stage and performing in larger venues for the first time in 3 years. I think the AHFOD tour will be pretty big like the Viva and MX tours were.