✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I'll be honest and say when the sound first came on I was annoyed cause its just gonna be MX part two when I was hoping for the old Coldplay to come back but then I heard Wills drums and I got excited!

Riff sounds ok too.

Oldplay is gone forever. All we can hope for is for AHFOD to have *some* artistic value and not to be a generic pop album. That's really all we can realistically wish for at this point in Coldplay's career.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be honest and say when the sound first came on I was annoyed cause its just gonna be MX part two when I was hoping for the old Coldplay to come back but then I heard Wills drums and I got excited!

Riff sounds ok too.

Doesn't sound anything like MX in my opinion. Will's drums sound so badass! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Loving the snippet! It's so energizing (and does sound a bit psychedelic like the artwork implied). I'm guessing that tomorrow we'll get an announcement for the single, be given the title and artwork and time of a live radio release (probably on bbc 1 on Friday). I don't think they would reveal the song tomorrow, it doesn't leave anything for Friday that's why (and everyone would probably just rip it from YouTube rather than purchase it).

Oldplay is gone forever. All we can hope for is for AHFOD to have *some* artistic value and not to be a generic pop album. That's really all we can realistically wish for at this point in Coldplay's career.

I had my last hope but now I'm resigned, the Coldplay I fell in love with are never coming back. Ah well, I do like their newer albums as well.

I'm liking the snippet more and more now. Wills drums gets me, loving it.

Doesn't sound anything like MX in my opinion. Will's drums sound so badass! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

The first thing I thought of was MX when I first heard it. But I agree wills drums sound amazing, been a long time since we've heard them, can't wait.

Loving the snippet! It's so energizing (and does sound a bit psychedelic like the artwork implied). I'm guessing that tomorrow we'll get an announcement for the single, be given the title and artwork and time of a live radio release (probably on bbc 1 on Friday). I don't think they would reveal the song tomorrow, it doesn't leave anything for Friday that's why (and everyone would probably just rip it from YouTube rather than purchase it).

I agree. I can't handle much more teasing, and I want the song so badly right now :wacko: but I'm willing to wait another day to actually hear it.

Riff sounds ok too.

I think the album will kind of be a cross between MX and VLV. The snippet itself uses elements from both albums (HLV like guitar riff and the drums at the end reminded me of Violet Hill). Lol, GS was Chris' divorce depression album, now AHFOD will be his revenge album [emoji23]

It's hard to extrapolate an entire song from a short clip; :thinking: ex. the Paradise snippet was downbeat verse with piano and Chris singing; I never expected the chorus that it would build into. :whaaat:

This is what I expected the follow up to MX would be but far better. GS was so disappointing to me because when they stripped back the sound, they scrapped Jonny and Will with it. :/

All I know is the three things I value in a Coldplay song are talent, beauty and creativity and I hear all three in spades in this clip. (Knock on wood) :nod: :P

I think Friday is the latest that they could announce any tour dates that will take place before Christmas. Attendees need time to adjust their schedules and the band needs time to rehearse/get everything ready.

If they release the album on Dec. 4 i would say it's very likely they play a couple of shows before christmas. Similar to the MX before Xmas tour in 2011.

And can it please be 4pm london time already….

Guest kmm1482

I'm REALLY digging the AOAL snippet. Admittedly, my Coldplay excitement has been waning the past few releases. A few decent songs here and there, but if this sound is through the whole LP, this is the most excited I've been for a Coldplay release since Viva!

A Dutch radio DJ is saying the new single is definitely going to be released tomorrow... he could be basing it off fan information, but I'm guessing he's likely to be a bit more in the know than we are... Exciting times! :D

I don't know, I am sure Coldplay would premiere the first single off their new album with BBC1 and no other station.