✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't sound like EDM at all? Seems some Coldplayers have forgotten what a conventional guitar solo sounds like!

Despite the autotune in the background, I'm really loving what I'm hearing and seeing so far :D

Me too!!!

Guest diogo_sg

Was the supposed first single (the one in the snippet) the song that was an opposite to an X&Y song? Someone said something like this a few days ago, but I can't remember who.

I still can't figure out what people mean by this....?

I believe the original poster (Saket, I think) said that there was a line in the song that is the opposite of the title of an X&Y song.

So for instance the opposite of "White Shadows" would be "blacklight," meaning that the word "blacklight" appears somewhere in the lyrics of the new song. We just don't know what specific X&Y song it's the opposite of.

Make sense?

Which day of the week Midnight was dropped? Do you think we have a chance to hear the full new single version tomorrow?

The video was released 25 Feb (Tuesday) as a teaser, but the single was released 17 Apr (Thursday)...

http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/articoli/Coldplay-regalo-ai-fan-su-Facebook-un-frammento-di-una-nuova-canzone-972fe272-ba60-4453-8e95-44a95fbdf114.html

Italian public tv all news channel posted this 10 minutes ago. Maybe the first time that they care about Coldplay. Title mens "Coldplay, a present to the fans, on Facebook a snippet of a new song". No more information...

The boy sitting on the cloud: JB

Boy sitting on the moon: CM

Boy hanging to Saturn: WC

Boy with a baby on his arms: GB

That's exactly what I thought too !

About the snippet, the sound is a little bit too "clean" for my liking (Stargate?), but I must say it's already stuck in my head and I can't wait for more !!!

And about AOAL, perhaps All Of A Life ?

It doesn't sound like EDM at all? Seems some Coldplayers have forgotten what a conventional guitar solo sounds like!

Oh no I think that you misinterpreted what I said. I meant that the beat drop in the song sounds like a leads up to some EDM type thing. sorry for the confusion. The snippet and riff don't aound like EDM lol.

no :P

But seriously, in the middle of my most stressful week this semester, this is exactly what I needed. It has that perfect blend of pop and rock sound and that drop at the end sounds a lot heavier than anything Coldplay has ever done (maybe barring 1.36 and the live version of GPASUYF). It's happy, I could see someone dancing to it, but it still has a very Viva or MX-ish vibe to it that I love. I've been dreading that the guys were going to go full-on pop for this album for a long time, and Adventure of a Lifetime (or whatever this is called) is a great breath of fresh air for me in that respect.

For the life of me I can't make out the lyrics. I hope they're just as good as the instrumentation :wacky:

EDIT: It also reminds me of a Bombay Bicycle Club song whose name I can't quite think of...

I have three quizzes tomorrow. And you said it. The most stressfull week of the sem.....