LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you! :nice:

I'm usually not a fan of autotune, but in this case I think it actually works rather well. As long as the singers voice is nice and clear and crisp over the top of them, it should continue to work well in my opinion

EDIT: Is anyone else getting a bit of a Muse vibe from that drop? Especially the sound of their last album?

You sure are using "drop" quite frequently...

It sure does. Now I see where the Violet Hill comparisons from people at the video shoot are coming from.

Yeah, i know. It doesn't sound like miracles as people have said on twitter but we'll have to wait for the full song.

I wonder which part of the song this is, for all we know it could be the bridge?

i honestly believe its the intro and first drop, but I've become so accustomed to the loop version that hearing that 9 secs over and over seems like the natural progression aha, i know it aint, I'm just saying.

I wonder which part of the song this is, for all we know it could be the bridge?

i honestly believe its the intro and first drop, but I've become so accustomed to the loop version that hearing that 9 secs over and over seems like the natural progression aha, i know it aint, I'm just saying.

Didn't somebody who heard the song say that it starts with a guitar riff intro and no other instruments until the rest of the band joins in? Maybe that's what this is.

Wow I was just thinking the same thing. I think similar to Charlie Brown it's a bridge. I've got a feeling the intro will be more subtle.

Also can we try and guess the song's length while we pass the time.

and then where this snippet takes place etc.

So.

song length:

3.00-3.30 mins

3.30-4.00 mins

4.00-4.30 mins

4.30-5.00 mins

5+ mins

6+

SEVEN + <3

my guess is 4.30mins to 5mins. and this lies within the 0.45-1.00min mark

me

something between " Dead Inside " and " Defector" .. also a bit of Maroon 5

That drop defiantly is something I've been looking for by Coldplay. Tracks off of AROBTTH and X&Y definitely have some of those harder guitar effects, but if there is more to this than just the beat, this song will definitely take the cake.

Also can we try and guess the song's length while we pass the time.

and then where this snippet takes place etc.

So.

song length:

3.00-3.30 mins

3.30-4.00 mins

4.00-4.30 mins

4.30-5.00 mins

5+ mins

6+

SEVEN + <3

my guess is 4.30mins to 5mins. and this lies within the 0.45-1.00min mark

I'm guessing 3:30-4:00. I think the intro is about 20 seconds long (maybe longer if this is the album opener), and then it drops!

oh shit yeah i forget about her posts, haha ohwell

this ?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THIS IS WHAT CHRIS PLAYED US OHOGMGOGMGNG <a href="https://t.co/7vkE9tuPcm">https://t.co/7vkE9tuPcm</a></p>— sha (@kanyays) <a href="https://twitter.com/kanyays/status/661943354599612416">November 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://kanyes.tumblr.com/post/132220295538/since-its-pretty-much-confirmed-that-coldplay

this ?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THIS IS WHAT CHRIS PLAYED US OHOGMGOGMGNG <a href="https://t.co/7vkE9tuPcm">https://t.co/7vkE9tuPcm</a></p>— sha (@kanyays) <a href="https://twitter.com/kanyays/status/661943354599612416">November 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://kanyes.tumblr.com/post/132220295538/since-its-pretty-much-confirmed-that-coldplay

yeah that haha

Just so happy we're finally past the stage where all you read in this thread is;

"Tomorrow is Friday, maybe something is going to happen"

"I think their new style will be like MX and Viva had a baby that turned out to be an emo teenager"

"I HATED GS! I loved X&Y"

"Tomorrow is Monday, maybe something will happen"

"Nothing happened fml"

"GUYS STOP PANICKING the band might just be sleeping"

Just so happy we're finally past the stage where all you read in this thread is;

"Tomorrow is Friday, maybe something is going to happen"

"I think their new style will be like MX and Viva had a baby that turned out to be an emo teenager"

"I HATED GS! I loved X&Y"

"Tomorrow is Monday, maybe something will happen"

"Nothing happened fml"

"GUYS STOP PANICKING the band might just be sleeping"

Usually at this stage I would say 'don't hold your breath' because once the whole thing is released there will be some hate somewhere. But for the first time in a long time, I haven't heard a single negative thing about a coldplay release. And who knows how much you can really tell with a 8 second snippet, but my observation still holds true and its just good to see everyone get along after such a long division.

Usually at this stage I would say 'don't hold your breath' because once the whole thing is released there will be some hate somewhere. But for the first time in a long time, I haven't heard a single negative thing about a coldplay release. And who knows how much you can really tell with a 8 second snippet, but my observation still holds true and its just good to see everyone get along after such a long division.

So I wanna hear your opinion, do you think this AHFOD will be their last album? I always like your analytical thoughts so I'll be glad if I can hear from you.

So I wanna hear your opinion, do you think this AHFOD will be their last album? I always like your analytical thoughts so I'll be glad if I can hear from you.

It's always very flattering to hear ppl value my opinion, thanks!

You have been on this forum since '06 it says, so you must know how we go through this cycle every era. Rumours of 'the last album', 'the band are breaking up', 'Chris is going solo'. Fast forward 3 and now this 4th era and I still don't see them breaking up.

I guess Chris did technically say they don't wanna be rockstars at too old an age, but I still think they all have a lot to give and an audience more than eager to listen. At most, I do see something in the form of a hiatus because they never really had one since MX. MX which was a big production, GS which was probably very taxing emotionally (for Chris esp.) and this LP7 which is likely to be a big production as well.

To answer your question, I give you this picture:

coldplay-quit.png

As much as I love the guitar riff i think my favourite part so far are the synths in the background. As much as they are codependant I imagine part of the song breaking down to just those synths for 30 secs/ bridge then a build up.

Edit: Similar to the bridge in lisztomania by phoenix.

listen from 3.08mins to 3.40mins