✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(I work as a newspaper reporter so this is just my take on it as someone who has to interview a buttload of people on a daily basis)

I mean, it's considered good journalism practice to ask certain questions because it's going to get you the info that A) is the most important and B) that people are interested in. So for instance a question like "what was the process of creating this album" or "how do you feel your efforts have turned out" might get repeated a bunch of times just because radio stations will have different viewer bases and everyone wants to confirm that "basic" information.

Granted, I haven't actually watched any of the interviews from this era yet, so I really have no idea if the questions the hosts are asking actually fit into that category or not :awesome:

Called it.

Alt cover for AHFOD.

IMO it looks a lot better than the normal AHFOD album cover (it is really creative I'll give you that but it just looks a little too "all over the place" for my taste. This one is much neater and cleaner, and is still deep in meaning yet simple, which I like.)

I just knew they would do it... the normal cover is as crazy as Mylo Xyloto's is. I knew Coldplay would make a simpler one, just like they did with MX. :) I think they do it because they know that every Coldplay fan don't like all-over-the-place covers. :P

jer123, your quote's in red.

Coldplayink, your quote's in blue.

Aiko, your quote's in gold.

nvdmm, your quote's in green.

jc90, your quote's in magenta.

a2iel, your quote's in orange.

Coldplay have a 1hr slot at a tidal gig.It will be on Friday 8:30 Pacific Time' date=' there is going to be 8 old songs and 4 AHFOD songs being played.It was from KROQ's interview with Chris yesterday.We can watch the live stream :)[/quote']

Ok cool! I looked at the thread already and am massively excited about it and caught up with everything so I already knew but thanks anyways!:D

What is this?

[video=youtube;7-X1d-gkH2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-X1d-gkH2c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-X1d-gkH2c

EDIT: NO. FORGET ABOUT IT

LOL at first I wondered why you said "EDIT: NO, FORGET ABOUT IT" because it actually did sound quite legitimate and beautiful. But then I go to the next page and find THIS:

[video=youtube;VxQwtl_giK4]

LOLLLLL you learn something new every day :P

Man, if only that were for real.... that was really going somewhere

Lyrics :)

Where did that come from?? That's an amazing artwork! I love it! :)

BTW, OT but can you please vote in Third Coldplayvision Song contest The clash of the albums. I know you love Mylo Xyloto and that album is struggling a little bit so can you please give it points? :D The rules are simple: choose 3 albums from the list you like and give them 12, 10 and 8 points. Since I know you like Mylo Xyloto can you please give it points? :D

Despite my initial disapproval and disappointment towards Amazing Day and the whole upcoming era, I'd like to honestly admit there are a few positive aspects I currently like or look forward to:

1- The album cover is tremendously creative. I know I ridiculed it at first but I've grown to really like it. I love it in fact. So much so that I would rate it on par with VLV/Prospekt's March as their second best cover after A Rush.

2- Because of my parents and before I develop my own tastes in music my early childhood was consumed by Bee Gees and Abba, so as shocking as this will sound coming from me, I now think AOAL is actually okay. The more I listen to it the more I appreciate the melody/production/groove and how it resonates somehow. I also don't see anything wrong with the lyrics and think they fit perfectly with the song.

3- The track-listing is superb! Apart from Amazing Day, the album has their best titles since VLV in my opinion.

4- The rest of the band are very much shining through again which is a positive step in the right direction.

5- Inclusion of Noel Gallagher. This guy is nothing short of a god for me! I'm hoping Up&Up turns out to be this era's Ghost Story or Major Minus.

So it's not all doom and gloom on my end. I try to be fair and constructive in my criticisms and sometimes justifiably ruthless. But if I really like something then I like it. Overall I feel like this album has the potential to be better than MX

The next Major Minus? No thank you. The next Ghost Story? Bring it on baby.

But I honestly think Up&Up will be trillion of light years better than those two songs combined, as good as Ghost Story is. :D

I also think this album has potential to be better than MX. We'll see if Coldplay can pull it off... I really hope so, because I'll be listening to this on repeat if it is. I am so legitimately excited for this album... if this is better than MX...:D

The meandering in Oceans is great...until ASFOS hits

sleeping-in-car-funny-gif.gif

As an ASFOS-lover (maybe I don't love ASFOS that much but I still love it) I've got to admit this is hilarious :laugh3:

Guess the thing with Amazing Day is.. It's too simple AND predictable. So it doesn't stand out enough. I don't dislike it' date=' but it def isn't different enough to other songs out in the world..[/quote']

As a lover of Amazing Day, I have to agree with you. As much as I think AD is beautiful, it's just too simple and predictible. I still like the song tho, it's just not very creative/different. It's beautiful, but it's just not unique. I have to agree with you there. Now, The Racer's cover of Amazing Day is even better IMO because it's even MORE beautiful, and they also revamped the song to have a melancholic feel to it which in my opinion is the feel that's best suited for the song, though I like the uplifting version as well. But this one is a little less predictible and arguably is much more creative and unique than Coldplay's version. It's one of the few rare times where another artist did a song better than Coldplay did it themselves... I find it interesting for The Racer to fix everything that was wrong with Amazing Day in the first place. The feel of that version of the song is just... magnificent. It has a "Gravity" feel to it IMO. I just had to bring this up because it seems like everyone forgot about it already, and I hope that any one reading this comment who hasn't heard The Racer's cover can check it out on YouTube, just search "the racer amazing day" and you'll find it. It's much better than the original version IMO and is more creative, unique, fresh, and has a feel to it that better accompanies the melody than the uplifting version IMO.

^ Agreed. I should have clarified that although interviewers are expected to ask certain questions, they should really also make an attempt to ask something that's relatively original. Just as an example, I would probably ask them things like:

-Is there an overarching theme for the album (and if so, what is it)?

-How do you decide on the themes for each album? Do they mostly come out of whatever it is you're going to for inspiration, or do they just start to come out as each new song is written?

-Does AHFoD follow the trend of your recent albums in that there is a deliberate storyline that progresses from beginning to end over the course of the album?

-How does AHFoD progress or change the "pop-rock" sound that we heard on MX? What elements have stayed the same and what new influences have you brought in?

-What is your favorite song on the album?

-How long did it take to record AHFoD? Did you continue to work on it during the Ghost Stories era, or was it something you picked back up after finishing up with GS?

idk :lol:

EDIT: The alternate cover is the bomb, yo

As an ASFOS-lover (maybe I don't love ASFOS that much but I still love it) I've got to admit this is hilarious

I don't mind it myself. I just meant the transition from the calm of Oceans to the first THUMP of ASFOS is a eye opener.

Guest diogo_sg
Called it.

Alt cover for AHFOD.

IMO it looks a lot better than the normal AHFOD album cover (it is really creative I'll give you that but it just looks a little too "all over the place" for my taste. This one is much neater and cleaner, and is still deep in meaning yet simple, which I like.)

I just knew they would do it... the normal cover is as crazy as Mylo Xyloto's is. I knew Coldplay would make a simpler one, just like they did with MX. :) I think they do it because they know that every Coldplay fan don't like all-over-the-place covers. [emoji14]

Ok cool! I looked at the thread already and am massively excited about it and caught up with everything so I already knew but thanks anyways!:D

LOL at first I wondered why you said "EDIT: NO, FORGET ABOUT IT" because it actually did sound quite legitimate and beautiful. But then I go to the next page and find THIS:

LOLLLLL you learn something new every day [emoji14]

BTW, OT but can you please vote in Third Coldplayvision Song contest The clash of the albums. I know you love Mylo Xyloto and that album is struggling a little bit so can you please give it points? :D The rules are simple: choose 3 albums from the list you like and give them 12, 10 and 8 points. Since I know you like Mylo Xyloto can you please give it points? :D

But I honestly think Up&Up will be trillion of light years better than those two songs combined, as good as Ghost Story is. :D

I also think this album has potential to be better than MX. We'll see if Coldplay can pull it off... I really hope so, because I'll be listening to this on repeat if it is. I am so legitimately excited for this album... if this is better than MX...:D

As an ASFOS-lover (maybe I don't love ASFOS that much but I still love it) I've got to admit this is hilarious :laugh3:

As a lover of Amazing Day, I have to agree with you. As much as I think AD is beautiful, it's just too simple and predictible. I still like the song tho, it's just not very creative/different. It's beautiful, but it's just not unique. I have to agree with you there. Now, The Racer's cover of Amazing Day is even better IMO because it's even MORE beautiful, and they also revamped the song to have a melancholic feel to it which in my opinion is the feel that's best suited for the song, though I like the uplifting version as well. But this one is a little less predictible and arguably is much more creative and unique than Coldplay's version. It's one of the few rare times where another artist did a song better than Coldplay did it themselves... I find it interesting for The Racer to fix everything that was wrong with Amazing Day in the first place. The feel of that version of the song is just... magnificent. It has a "Gravity" feel to it IMO. I just had to bring this up because it seems like everyone forgot about it already, and I hope that any one reading this comment who hasn't heard The Racer's cover can check it out on YouTube, just search "the racer amazing day" and you'll find it. It's much better than the original version IMO and is more creative, unique, fresh, and has a feel to it that better accompanies the melody than the uplifting version IMO.

^ Agreed. I should have clarified that although interviewers are expected to ask certain questions, they should really also make an attempt to ask something that's relatively original. Just as an example, I would probably ask them things like:

-Is there an overarching theme for the album (and if so, what is it)?

-How do you decide on the themes for each album? Do they mostly come out of whatever it is you're going to for inspiration, or do they just start to come out as each new song is written?

-Does AHFoD follow the trend of your recent albums in that there is a deliberate storyline that progresses from beginning to end over the course of the album?

-How does AHFoD progress or change the "pop-rock" sound that we heard on MX? What elements have stayed the same and what new influences have you brought in?

-What is your favorite song on the album?

-How long did it take to record AHFoD? Did you continue to work on it during the Ghost Stories era, or was it something you picked back up after finishing up with GS?

idk [emoji38]

EDIT: The alternate cover is the bomb, yo

What alternate cover?

And CfK, please interview Coldplay. Please. I beg you [emoji4]

What alternate cover?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alternate cover for AHFOD

(From Coldplay's Facebook Ad) <a href="https://t.co/ULr03wOsV8">pic.twitter.com/ULr03wOsV8</a></p>— Coldplaying (@coldplaying) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/664554779260096512">November 11, 2015</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guest diogo_sg
Coldplaying just shared it on Facebook :nice:

Being able to interview Coldplay would honestly make my life.

Dear Coldplay's PR Director,

Hit me up. Thanks.

Sincerely,

ColdplayingfromKansas

Thanks. Haha.

Alternate cover for AHFOD

(From Coldplay's Facebook Ad) pic.twitter.com/ULr03wOsV8— Coldplaying (@coldplaying) November 11, 2015

Thanks.

EDIT: and is that an actual cover or just some picture they're using for promotion?

Called it.

Alt cover for AHFOD.

I just knew they would do it... the normal cover is as crazy as Mylo Xyloto's is. I knew Coldplay would make a simpler one, just like they did with MX. :) I think they do it because they know that every Coldplay fan don't like all-over-the-place covers. :P

LOLLLLL you learn something new every day :P

What about the alt cover

After looking around on the new website, can I just say that I am so happy they have brought back the feature to view the lyrics of any song on any release, not just LP songs!!

Edit: I just noticed though that Hurts Like Heaven is missing from the track listing of MX

After looking around on the new website, can I just say that I am so happy they have brought back the feature to view the lyrics of any song on any release, not just LP songs!!

Edit: I just noticed though that Hurts Like Heaven is missing from the track listing of MX

Huh, you're right. Well, meanwhile if you're looking for lyrics you can find them by looking at the live 2012 cd.

Huh, you're right. Well, meanwhile if you're looking for lyrics you can find them by looking at the live 2012 cd.

Haha yeah, well HLH is my favorite song, so I know the lyrics by heart haha, therefore it was what I looked for first....but it's great that they have lyrics to live albums like LRLRL, too!! :)

Haha yeah, well HLH is my favorite song, so I know the lyrics by heart haha, therefore it was what I looked for first....but it's great that they have lyrics to live albums like LRLRL, too!! :)

Hmm HLH is your fav song? Nice!

You learn something new every day. :)

Hmm HLH is your fav song? Nice!

You learn something new every day. :)

Haha yeah...it's in my profile....but I guess people don't look at those, but it is super easy to do it on the mobile app because you just have to click on someone's avatar, and it brings it up. For instance, your favorite song is Viva la Vida and your favorite band member is Chris