✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Sparky please do something about this. This is not a forum for political discussion. There js no right or wrong, or black or white when it comes to politics which is why i stay out of them. I come here for Coldplay and only Coldplay so can everyone kindly stop discussing this garbage and get back to the fact that one of the biggest bands is releasing an album in less than a month?

When I started this discussion, I said I'm fine with relocating it to another thread (something like "Coldplay Politiks/politics") if necessary.

Don't call a political discussion garbage. First off, it was a actually discussion related to Coldplay's affiliations but never mind. Your last sentence reads to me like you're implying a band (be it the biggest of all time, I don't care) releasing an album is more important than these matters ? I know this particular thread is for the new album and we should discuss it here, and that this is the Coldplay forum, but...in the real world do you know how important it is that AHFOD is gonna be released ? 99,999 % of the people on this planet don't give a damn about it. That's how important it is. These things that you call garbage, on the other hand, impact nearly every inhabitant on this planet. Don't call a political discussion garbage.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know who to thank that I'm not an "Oldplayer". Complaining about everything, wishing this to be the last album of Coldplay, etc etc ncncnccncn :rolleyes:

Thank God I'm a Goldplayer. Every song is as good as the other one and I'm still excited for everything Coldplay puts out. :viva: goldplayers

Sparky please do something about this. This is not a forum for political discussion. There js no right or wrong, or black or white when it comes to politics which is why i stay out of them. I come here for Coldplay and only Coldplay so can everyone kindly stop discussing this garbage and get back to the fact that one of the biggest bands is releasing an album in less than a month?

Thank you! :mad:

I don't know who to thank that I'm not an "Oldplayer". Complaining about everything, wishing this to be the last album of Coldplay, etc etc ncncnccncn :rolleyes:

Thank God I'm a Goldplayer. Every song is as good as the other one and I'm still excited for everything Coldplay puts out. :viva: goldplayers

I'm so happy to read comments like this. Can't agree more with you :)

Obama singing Amazing Grace sampled on the album ? I really wish it's gonna be their last then. Although, maybe they can suck up to Hillary Clinton on LP8. (It just annoys me how close Coldplay have gotten to the US government. Chris is friends with Joe Biden as well. Obama may be better than Bush or any other Republican, but he is far from representing peace [Obama's warfare is more subtle - mostly relying on drone attacks but it is still warfare and causes many, many innocent victims!], and I thought that once upon a time Coldplay was all against these kinds of things ? Coldplay have never been a band for political rebellion, but at least in their early years they were more neutral and detached from the political establishment, campaigning for good causes without taking sides of particular governments. In the last years they seem to have become more and more attached to institutions like the US government and the Britsh army. They used to be more outspoken [for instance against the Iraq War] but nowadays not a single word that would go against their new "affiliations", even on subjects that are less controversial among the general public. Or have you ever heard Mr Chris Save-The-World Martin speak a single syllable against the persecution of Edward Snowden ?)

I don't wanna drift too much into politics here, I just don't like this growing affiliation. I know this comment will probably receive lots of hate-posts now but I don't care, it had to be said.

Happy for this comment be moved to another thread and start a discussion about Coldplay politics/Politiks there, since this is not strictly related to LP7.

I agree with you 100%!

But guys let's leave political discussions and the abortion debate outside this thread because controversial topics like that mostly end in overly emotional fights. I also hope that the new album won't be too political because I always cringe when artists take a strong political stance without really understanding the arguments of their opponents (see Ben Affleck). However Obama singing Amazing Grace doesn't necessarily mean that the album will be political. On the other hand I'm sure there would have been a public outrage if they featured Putin on their album, so why not leave politicians away completely?

Regarding the album opener I'd be extremely surprised if it were better than Politik. At least the U2 comparison shows that it won't be an EDM track.

Once I saw the article about Obama being on the album, I absolutely cringed. Music should be the last bastion where politics don't infiltrate, and I'm really disappointed to read that he is going to be in it -- regardless of party affiliation. It may seem closed minded but that song is already tainted.

When I started this discussion, I said I'm fine with relocating it to another thread (something like "Coldplay Politiks/politics") if necessary.

Don't call a political discussion garbage. First off, it was a actually discussion related to Coldplay's affiliations but never mind. Your last sentence reads to me like you're implying a band (be it the biggest of all time, I don't care) releasing an album is more important than these matters ? I know this particular thread is for the new album and we should discuss it here, and that this is the Coldplay forum, but...in the real world do you know how important it is that AHFOD is gonna be released ? 99,999 % of the people on this planet don't give a damn about it. That's how important it is. These things that you call garbage, on the other hand, impact nearly every inhabitant on this planet. Don't call a political discussion garbage.

To be honest, 99.9% of the people on this planet, don't care about politics.

What the hell happened to this thread. Hahaha yes American politics has been a joke the past couple of years, but this is no place to argue that. Take Obama's contribution for what it is. The lads have a grand vision for AHFOD and Obama's part is just a small bit of this grand painting.

What the hell happened to this thread. Hahaha yes American politics has been a joke the past couple of years, but this is no place to argue that. Take Obama's contribution for what it is. The lads have a grand vision for AHFOD and Obama's part is just a small bit of this grand painting.
Dude this thread is a joke, it's almost 1000 pages of nonsense. People have been talking about a LOT of random crap in here :wacko:

Guest diogo_sg
I just saw AHFOD pre-sale on portuguese Fnac. It was 15,99€, too bad I didn't had the money. What price is in your country?

15,99€

Troll+Face.jpg

PS: I'm going to pre-order the album from the official store today because I really really want those stickers.

Guest diogo_sg
What? [emoji14] Didn't get it

We both live in Portugal, so the price is the same (it was a stupid excuse for a joke, I know) [emoji12]

Sorry, to interupt you guys. I read all previous posts and the hint that Obama is in the new album is only Chris' interview, right? Well, it might be just a joke. And even if he IS in the album, it depends. If Rihanna in Princess of China would have done just backing vocals, it would have been the same to you? I don't think so.

And about Obama. I live in Italy, a country not so important in international politics and culture (unfortunately) so I'm the outside point of view. I know that the US politics is very important BUT for us, average people in the world, Obama is just a cool black guy who become President.

Besides, American forgein politics in the past years destroyed a lot of countries and started the mediterranean immigration issues which are going to devastate European democracy. But, please, stop posting here about politics. It IS important, but not in this thread.

Last thing, about Coldplay and politic. Omitting all Chris interviews and statements, this is the major link between the two things:

[video=youtube;f8zKtcKCaG8]

I just saw AHFOD pre-sale on portuguese Fnac. It was 15,99€, too bad I didn't had the money. What price is in your country?

€ 20,99 full price, € 16,79 on-line discount by Feltrinelli. I got it via official store for 20€, shipment included.

btw, there is a rumor going around that rihanna is going to release her new album on the 4th as well. after exclusively releasing on tidal for the week of 27th nov. who knows if true, but rihanna shouldn't bother coldplay with sales as much as adele anyway. also, rihanna has been doing too much promo to not release her album soon.

^Hope Coldplay can chart. I noticed today that AOAL has only been out a week and not really even gotten to the Billboard--but I know it takes months sometimes to top the charts.

We should end the political discussion now. (and I accidentally keep it going...)

Coldplay are a band who are sampling a beautiful piece of music. That is all. Like I said before, the song was sung by Obama at a really beautiful, meaningful event that I think we can all find powerful. This doesn't make the album political. We are taking a moment of Obama's presidency out of context. We don't know how it will sound but it certainly is no reason to want Coldplay to quit making music. This was a musical and emotional choice--not a political one.

Okay here are my predictions for tonight's set list

1. Paradise

2. Adventure Of A Lifetime

3. Clocks

4. Yellow

5. Viva La Vida

6.A Head Full Of Dreams

7. Fix You

8. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

9. Amazing Day

10. A Sky Full Of Stars

11. Hymn For The Weekend

12. Christmas Lights

They would almost always open with the album opener, aka, A Head Full of Dreams.

Politik, Square One, Life in Technicolour, Hurts Like Heaven, Always in My Head, opened most if not all shows of their era

And I think its a bit early for Christmas Lights, esp in America where the focus is on Thanksgiving first.