✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despite my initial disapproval and disappointment towards Amazing Day and the whole upcoming era, I'd like to honestly admit there are a few positive aspects I currently like or look forward to:

1- The album cover is tremendously creative. I know I ridiculed it at first but I've grown to really like it. I love it in fact. So much so that I would rate it on par with VLV/Prospekt's March as their second best cover after A Rush.

2- Because of my parents and before I develop my own tastes in music my early childhood was consumed by Bee Gees and Abba, so as shocking as this will sound coming from me, I now think AOAL is actually okay. The more I listen to it the more I appreciate the melody/production/groove and how it resonates somehow. I also don't see anything wrong with the lyrics and think they fit perfectly with the song.

3- The track-listing is superb! Apart from Amazing Day, the album has their best titles since VLV in my opinion.

4- The rest of the band are very much shining through again which is a positive step in the right direction.

5- Inclusion of Noel Gallagher. This guy is nothing short of a god for me! I'm hoping Up&Up turns out to be this era's Ghost Story or Major Minus.

So it's not all doom and gloom on my end. I try to be fair and constructive in my criticisms and sometimes justifiably ruthless. But if I really like something then I like it. Overall I feel like this album has the potential to be better than MX.

I don't understand the hate for AOAL either. With the exception of the couple more electronic moments, and the vocal sample...this is a song that really stands on its own with JUST a guitar, bass, and drums. I don't think there's been a Coldplay song to fit that bill since maybe Yellow (if you look at the 2003 era performances where Chris doesn't play guitar).

Despite my initial disapproval and disappointment towards Amazing Day and the whole upcoming era, I'd like to honestly admit there are a few positive aspects I currently like or look forward to:

1- The album cover is tremendously creative. I know I ridiculed it at first but I've grown to really like it. I love it in fact. So much so that I would rate it on par with VLV/Prospekt's March as their second best cover after A Rush.

2- Because of my parents and before I develop my own tastes in music my early childhood was consumed by Bee Gees and Abba, so as shocking as this will sound coming from me, I now think AOAL is actually okay. The more I listen to it the more I appreciate the melody/production/groove and how it resonates somehow. I also don't see anything wrong with the lyrics and think they fit perfectly with the song.

3- The track-listing is superb! Apart from Amazing Day, the album has their best titles since VLV in my opinion.

4- The rest of the band are very much shining through again which is a positive step in the right direction.

5- Inclusion of Noel Gallagher. This guy is nothing short of a god for me! I'm hoping Up&Up turns out to be this era's Ghost Story or Major Minus.

So it's not all doom and gloom on my end. I try to be fair and constructive in my criticisms and sometimes justifiably ruthless. But if I really like something then I like it. Overall I feel like this album has the potential to be better than MX.

Totally agree!!!

So what's with the AHFOD emoji people on twitter are mentioning? Where can I find/get that?

it happens after you tweet with hashtag ColdplayAMAs

I believe twitter did the same thing with Star Wars Day and others events as well

a little side track. since we've been getting a lot of new interviews, this is a nice little look back at the troublesome time coldplay had right after parachutes. no wonder coldplay are saying they enjoy the band during the newer albums more and more as they mature as people and deal with their circumstances better.

i was hoping we'll get these kinds of in-depth profiles of the band this era, but looks like that won't happen. they have become open as well as guarded along the way.

i probably will be busy in awhile, so just keep an eye out for a possible on air with ryan secreast (and maybe others as well) interview today.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Any <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay">@coldplay</a> fans out there? Have a question for Chris Martin? Tweet me ASAP!</p>— Tara Soudbaksh (@TaraSoud) <a href="https://twitter.com/TaraSoud/status/664460609640079361">November 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mobile link

If that really does happen (which, come on, come on, come ON please make it happen Coldplay, that would be a WONDERFUL idea) then that would mean that these 7 albums could be listened to as one immensely long playlist. I need to try that sometime, and see if they actually do flow together. That would be super cool if it did. :D

OMG That would be incredible!:P

I'm gonna try this tonight and give you the results;)

OMG That would be incredible!:P

I'm gonna try this tonight and give you the results;)

To add on to that, I've always thought the meandering in Oceans has always sounded like the transition from Everything's Not Lost to Life is for Living.