✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Anyone see diet_ice's interview of AHFOD on Twitter? I want to hear that song right NOW. That sounds GORGEOUS.

EDIT: Apparently this new title track is better than Politik, she mentioned. I don't know about that though, that's a pretty tough one to top.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ahh fair enough.

well, the trouble is no one has a tidal account. we're all trying to figure it out right now

Lol- I was just trying to make an account and had the same thought you had- which was forgetting to unsubscribe and getting charged. Hopefully the guy will get it livecasted though!

Anyone see diet_ice's interview of AHFOD on Twitter? I want to hear that song right NOW. That sounds GORGEOUS.

EDIT: Apparently this new title track is better than Politik, she mentioned. I don't know about that though, that's a pretty tough one to top.

Hit us all up with a link dudee

Apparently this new title track is better than Politik, she mentioned. I don't know about that though, that's a pretty tough one to top.

You've got that right.

Probably just a hyperbolic statement fans tend to make when anything new is released. "It's the best riff they've ever done!" "That's the best use of the cowbell they've ever done!" "Wow, just great. Chris's dancing has never been better!" You tend to hear this stuff all the time.

Go ahead and do it then. Not being snarky, but I don't wanna do it and risk forgetting to unsubscribe and being charged for a month. I rather just wait and have someone upload it without the risk.

edit: I believe someone else in the tidal thread is trying to livecast it.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/105020-2015-11-13-TIDALXCOLDPLAY-Presented-by-KROQ-(23-30-EST)?p=5760596&viewfull=1#post5760596

Oh, I was just asking. I might do it tomorrow if that livecast doesn't work.

Excited for the album still but I hate interlude tracks with a passion and am going to be extremely upset if Kaleidoscope is one (my favorite title).

1) Why make an interlude when you could just tag it on to the next track!?? MMIX and hopeful transmission should have been part of the ETIAW and DLIBYH! Oceans did it right ...

2) Why sacrifice amazing titles for spoken word!? Seriously!?

3) If you have a bit of atmospheric interlude then just go all out, develop the interlude to be more dynamic and interesting not just a 40 second blip! Carry it on for at least 2 mins.

If both Colour Spectrum and Kaleidoscope are super short then my anticipation just went down a notch. These titles intrigue me the most and I was really counting one at least one of them being the albums weird wonky song...(major minus, midnight, yes). Are we gonna get one or have we finally reached full out pop?

If Kaleidoscope is 1 minute 31 seconds long, that's twice as long as the MX interludes. Hopefully that means it is something a little more "dynamic and interesting," as you stated. A spoken word interlude is certainly not something they've done before, so we'll see what happens.

You're right on #1. Oceans has a good interlude because it carries on for more than a few moments and blends two tracks together seamlessly. Violet Hill is good with that too; it has an M.M.I.X.-esque intro that has no place as its own separate track.

Concerning #3, that's why Aiko should have been on MX. It's ambient, atmospheric, and could stand on its own rather than as a short little clip. I want an interlude to either have enough substance to deserve its own track or be tagged onto a corresponding full-length song.

Coldplay's recent political affiliations

Obama singing Amazing Grace sampled on the album ? I really wish it's gonna be their last then. Although, maybe they can suck up to Hillary Clinton on LP8. (It just annoys me how close Coldplay have gotten to the US government. Chris is friends with Joe Biden as well. Obama may be better than Bush or any other Republican, but he is far from representing peace [Obama's warfare is more subtle - mostly relying on drone attacks but it is still warfare and causes many, many innocent victims!], and I thought that once upon a time Coldplay was all against these kinds of things ? Coldplay have never been a band for political rebellion, but at least in their early years they were more neutral and detached from the political establishment, campaigning for good causes without taking sides of particular governments. In the last years they seem to have become more and more attached to institutions like the US government and the Britsh army. They used to be more outspoken [for instance against the Iraq War] but nowadays not a single word that would go against their new "affiliations", even on subjects that are less controversial among the general public. Or have you ever heard Mr Chris Save-The-World Martin speak a single syllable against the persecution of Edward Snowden ?)

I don't wanna drift too much into politics here, I just don't like this growing affiliation. I know this comment will probably receive lots of hate-posts now but I don't care, it had to be said.

Happy for this comment be moved to another thread and start a discussion about Coldplay politics/Politiks there, since this is not strictly related to LP7.

Obama may be better than Bush or any other Republican, but he is far from representing peace

I feel the same and let's not forget Obama abortion agenda. Chris has said his music is to celebrate life and he is supporting someone who is killing babies. Sorry, I will always love Coldplay but I just can't stand with all this Obama hypocrisy.

Wait....this is going to sound really ignorant, but it shines a light on how self-centered Americans are. Both of the previous posters live outside the US but seem to know a lot about US politics. But, if you were to ask 99.9% of Americans about the politics/leaders of any other country, we wouldn't know a thing haha. So, good for you guys!

Uh oh...the forum has fallen into the fiery pits of politics. Let me attempt to end this right here if I can..

The inclusion of Obama singing Amazing Grace IS NOT A BIG DEAL. Look, I am an American, and I totally get that Obama has made some big violent/military (non-peaceful) decisions and that the U.S. probably violates human rights on a daily basis. Chris likes Obama because not only are their politics generally the same, but because I think he just likes Obama as a person, because lets be honest, he seems like a cool guy.

At the end of the day, this isn't a political statement by Chris that we should debate over, nor is it some dorky sampling. I will make a list of why this isn't a big deal and could be really cool:

1. Amazing Grace is perhaps one of the single most beautiful pieces of music ever written--a moving hymn. I am excited to hear Coldplay use it.

2. Obama sang the shit out of it.

3. He was doing so in the face of a terrible tragedy, after an evil act was committed by a sad and corrupted person. But Obama, and the African American community in Charleston, are a wonderful example of resilience and perseverance through even the most atrocious actions and histories. Isn't that kind of the theme of the album too? Obama singing with that church was a really powerful moment in my opinion.

4. On the album, this will be mixed, produced and carefully placed to sound natural. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE YET.

Wait....this is going to sound really ignorant, but it shines a light on how self-centered Americans are. Both of the previous posters live outside the US but seem to know a lot about US politics. But, if you were to ask 99.9% of Americans about the politics/leaders of any other country, we wouldn't know a thing haha. So, good for you guys!

As an American I second this notion. :D Also non-american's tend to speak multiple languages which is always tough when I travel around. Makes me feel like a loser (though I studied French for 6 years).

I feel the same and let's not forget Obama abortion agenda. Chris has said his music is to celebrate life and he is supporting someone who is killing babies. Sorry, I will always love Coldplay but I just can't stand with all this Obama hypocrisy.

Someone may really feel this sort of moral integrity ..to stand up and fight for a woman's struggle to own a part of her body. Yes, a baby is a part of a woman at first. And even scientifically, at first, a baby is physically much like a mass of cells. It's exactly that actually..in the same way your organs are, or even a tumor. And we never question that someone should have control over their organs. And much like a tumor or your organs, they can be harmful to the host or completely harmless. And on the opposite side of the colour spectrum, some may feel really strongly about...feeling the need to stand up for an unborn child...and that struggle.

There's only perspectives. And no side will ever be right. There's only just ...what we feel.

Let's not beat around the bush here. The US government and its voters have committed horrendous atrocities across the world for the past few decades and have brought abject misery, destruction, death and hardship for millions of people. The naivety displayed by a huge number of people who associate the Obama administration with peace and equality is beyond belief! And how anyone could affiliate themselves with such group of murderous psychopaths masked as libertarians is baffling to me.

In this instance I don't think Chris is fully aware of the world around him. The other day he said in an interview Rumi was an "Afghanistani" poet!!!

The other day he said in an interview Rumi was an "Afghanistani" poet!!!

Funny, that line made me cringe too when i heard it. Rumi's birthplace may have been in what is today Afghanistan, but he was a Persian poet/mystic (I've never ever heard someone call him otherwise).

And I believe knowing Obama and Biden personally makes Chris overlook their political actions...yes, they may be nice individuals to hang out with but you have to look to their policies to see their other, often ugly faces. :(

Let's not beat around the bush here. The US government and its voters have committed horrendous atrocities across the world for the past few decades and have brought abject misery, destruction, death and hardship for millions of people. The naivety displayed by a huge number of people who associate the Obama administration with peace and equality is beyond belief! And how anyone could affiliate themselves with such group of murderous psychopaths masked as libertarians is baffling to me.

They're not endorsing the Obama administration or the US government by doing this. They endorse Obama as a person. A black guy from a broken family who beat the odds to become one of the most powerful people in the world, yet still remains an approachable character, doesn't forget where he came from and isn't afraid to show his vulnerable side. The theme on A Head Full of Dreams is that anything is possible, and Obama is living proof of that. It's not an obvious choice, but it does fit in with the theme of the album

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams" (DEC 4TH - Tracklisting in first post)

Coldplay gone far far away from the original Coldplay when they first start what was matter for them is to make a great songs with great lyrics and music now what matters for them is how to have fun in the studio and make songs they can dance on it I really want to hear something like X&Y or AROBTTH or Parachutes again and represent the real Coldplay that I fell in love with

In this instance I don't think Chris is fully aware of the world around him. The other day he said in an interview Rumi was an "Afghanistani" poet!!!

In any country that has put itself in the place to be the world's police- atrocities will occur. But Obama didn't choose to be in the middle east conflict.

The most that is Obama's fault is the drone program. Which was created to kill targets that are directly trying to ..or have harmed troops. Though, the real issue, to me, is they miss a lot. And that should've been a reason to shut the program down. To the military- missing your targets is never a real reason to stop war.

But, does that make Obama evil? I don't know. Though, I get the feeling, more of the evil is in the American system- and not in this one person. And America's real evil is how much it fears the rest of the world. It has this bloated, overinvolved military. And it's just been that way for years. It's how things are done.

But I feel Obama ..most of the decisions he's made has been based on a more honest place- than one of ill-intent. He's pushed for Healthcare as a human right for all Americans, and the ability for anyone who is in love to finally marry. He's cracked down on the over-populated prisons in America...and shutting the doors on one of the worst chapters in American History- the undeserved- overpriced Iraq War ..and the horrors done on our watch at Guantanamo Bay.

Coldplay gone far far away from the original Coldplay when they first start what was matter for them is to make a great songs with great lyrics and music now what matters for them is how to have fun in the studio and make songs they can dance on it I really want to hear something like X&Y or AROBTTH or Parachutes again and represent the real Coldplay that I fell in love with

=> http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/104785-The-ultimate-Oldplaying-Thread-S-BS-TBR-P-AROBTTH-X-amp-Y-VLV

Sparky please do something about this. This is not a forum for political discussion. There js no right or wrong, or black or white when it comes to politics which is why i stay out of them. I come here for Coldplay and only Coldplay so can everyone kindly stop discussing this garbage and get back to the fact that one of the biggest bands is releasing an album in less than a month?

In any country that has put itself in the place to be the world's police- atrocities will occur. But Obama didn't choose to be in the middle east conflict.

The most that is Obama's fault is the drone program. Which was created to kill targets that are directly trying to ..or have harmed troops. Though, the real issue, to me, is they miss a lot. And that should've been a reason to shut the program down. To the military- missing your targets is never a real reason to stop war.

But, does that make Obama evil? I don't know. Though, I get the feeling, more of the evil is in the American system- and not in this one person. And America's real evil is how much it fears the rest of the world. It has this bloated, overinvolved military. And it's just been that way for years. It's how things are done.

But I feel Obama ..most of the decisions he's made has been based on a more honest place- than one of ill-intent. He's pushed for Healthcare as a human right for all Americans, and the ability for anyone who is in love to finally marry. He's cracked down on the over-populated prisons in America...and shutting the doors on one of the worst chapters in American History- the undeserved- overpriced Iraq War ..and the horrors done on our watch at Guantanamo Bay.

I know this is a response to nvdmm, but let me still say something. I know it is the system itself and that you cannot blame anything entirely on an individual. But Obama, Biden and so on are parts of this system. I agree with you on Obama's efforts concerning interior policies. However, it just appears to me that in terms of foreign policy, not a lot changes between different presidents. One war ends, another starts. One president's warfare is bombs, the next one replaces them with drones. One of them establishes a worldwide system of cyber espionage, the next one keeps using it. Obama's campaign slogan was "Change", but where has it gone to, that "Change" ??

Anyway, to keep it on topic, as I said before I've just grown wary of Coldplay's more recent "affiliations", since I see a fundamental contradiction between their apparent love for peace and making the world better (that they still have, hopefully) and them.