✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I'm trying really really really hard not to let Coldplay take over my life rn because of exams but I'm having trouble avoiding it!!

Hype cuz more songs are gonna be played at the Tidal event this Friday... I can't seem to find the time for that anywhere.. Anyone know where I can get a hold of that haha?

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I kind of hope only a couple brand new AHFOD songs are played on Friday. I want to hear the majority of the album for the first time on the day it gets released. That being said, a few new tracks in the month prior are ok. Hopefully the studio versions aren't underwhelming in comparison.

I kind of hope only a couple brand new AHFOD songs are played on Friday. I want to hear the majority of the album for the first time on the day it gets released. That being said, a few new tracks in the month prior are ok. Hopefully the studio versions aren't underwhelming in comparison.

Looks like 4 new, 8 old according to an interview today. Guessing:

Amazing Day

Adventure of a Lifetime

The second single (I forget what its called)

Another song....

^ Having already listened to Amazing Day and AoaL, I'm going to try and avoid listening to whatever new tracks are played on Friday. I remember caving in and listening to half of the MX album ahead of time, and I really regretted it when the album came out--especially since most of the songs that I hadn't already heard at that point were just transition instrumentals.

Even though I wound up not liking GS much at all, that full-first-listen experience was much better simply because 7/9 songs were new to me rather than 7/14 for MX (really, 5/14 not counting instrumentals).

^ I mean, I understand why they did it. From what I remember, the MX era was really similar to this era because there was a long stretch between the release of Christmas Lights and that first summer festival/ETiaW release where we were all chaffing at the bit for any new material or news. With Coldplay's slew of summer festivals, we were all convinced that they just had to play new material--which of course they did. Had they played the summer festivals with just their Viva setlist, a lot of people would have gotten incredibly impatient and probably started wondering if we were even going to get an album by the end of the year (myself included). A lot of us caved and listened to the songs at some point because the first time they were played I'm not even sure if we had a solid release date yet.

Plus, MX was obviously created with a big, boisterous live show in mind, so I think it was a wise move to road-test the "bigger" songs beforehand to be sure they were going to achieve the desired effect. Granted, we were all a bit disillusioned with the studio versions after that, but that tends to happen when you've gotten used to listening to the live version for the past four months :P

So, in short, it was probably a good move on the guys' part even if most of the forum spoiled ourselves with them ahead of time. That's why I'm glad we've got less than a month to go for AHFoD--I think a lot more of us will be able to avoid spoiling ourselves this time around because we have an end date in sight (and a close one at that).

@CfK, yeah, i'm with you. I brought it up when ppl were complaining about the tease for this era. With MX they kinda showed too much. With this one, they're saying there's no news. Personally, I prefer a more methodical and slow tease.

In hindsight, with MX, I would've perhaps played 2 or 3 new ones and left the rest for album release.

Hymn For The Weekend?

Sure! Whatever its called!

Just listening to the interview Coldplay did later today, and at the end when the interviewer asked Chris what he was listening to these days he said "A lot of things" then Beach House, then Flo Rida.

Everything's Not Lost quite yet, but it will be soon if Chris keeps listening to stuff like that.

MickCas, your quote's in red.

A Rush of Magic, your quote's in blue.

Nikola, your quote's in gold.

The Adversary, your quote's in green.

Coldplayink, your quote's in magenta.

jer123, your quote's in orange.

ColdplayingfromKansas, your quote's in dark purple.

I don't agree with "the extended album" thing. Amazing Day and of course Adventure of a Lifetime seems very different to Ghost Stories. They are different albums for different things. For the rest of your post is great

Well I personally think they'll be connected in some way because for one, they're releasing AHFOD a year and a half after GS (I think that's partially due to them not touring a lot though). Not only that, but also they say that GS will be the night to AHFOD's day. I think that could be hinting towards them being listenable by themselves but they work best if connected, which would be interesting seeing the change from the one to the other. But I see how it could work. :P

In The interview from last night' date=' Chris explained that the album was about dreams and using then to make life good and stuff[/quote']

oh what??? there was an interview?? I miss everything... can someone make me a calender of all the Coldplay events coming up so I won't miss any??:D

I guess that explains it... that'd make sense as well, it's great to see the band still releasing news on the album:D

I'm thinking if this is really "their last thing":

a) it will feature a retrospective of all their previous styles

b) every song will sound finite, like a celebration or a completion of something, ESPECIALLY Up&Up if they consider it their last song ever...for now.

I think it was just the media blowing Chris' statement out of proportion when he compared AHFOD to the Harry Potter books. This album is almost guaranteed to be the end of an era though. They won't split for a long time yet but I can tell you this isn't the last thing they're doing forever. This is going to be the last of an era. Around 5 years I predict before another album comes.

However, there is a slim chance this is their last thing ever. Which would be really, really devastating.

I think your statements are going to prove true though. This is definetely the last thing they'll be doing for a while.

I wish Noel was singing over a track :(

We don't know for sure yet, they could have a surprise for us... there have already been surprises that have came along with this album, so it still remains a possibility. It's not like you've heard the entire album already and know for a fact that Noel isn't going to speak once on a track. Everything's Not Lost. :D :thumbsup:

Consider their 7 albums as a circle,

maybe the last part of 'Up&Up' or the hidden track 'X Marks the Spot' would feel like a transition to 'Don't Panic'

If that really does happen (which, come on, come on, come ON please make it happen Coldplay, that would be a WONDERFUL idea) then that would mean that these 7 albums could be listened to as one immensely long playlist. I need to try that sometime, and see if they actually do flow together. That would be super cool if it did. :D :thumbsup:

We have 4 AHFOD songs to e performed this Friday(Saturday for me)' date='assuming that AOAL an Amazing Day is to be performed,which other two songs do you think/do you want them to perform?I think we could get Hymn For The Weekend and Everglow or maybe Birds.[/quote']

WHAT?? Where are you people getting all the information!! I am missing everything!!

WHEN??? PLZ TELL ME!!

Not that I want to hear them, because I think it'd be best if I heard most of the album in the context it's supposed to be in before I hear any live performances, and only hear a couple songs (in this case AD and AOAL) outside of the album before it's released. I'm fine if I hear a couple songs that I heard first outside of the album but it... just takes the magic away from the album itself if I hear too many songs outside of the album before hearing it on the album. I think I may try to play it smart and let the first time I hear it be on the album itself to give it the most effect (because in my opinion the first time you hear the song it's the strongest and most surprising), and if it's on the album that's when it's maximum effect will be on you. So I'll try not to let myself listen to them but you can guarantee my temptations will take over :D

Plus' date=' MX was obviously created with a big, boisterous live show in mind, so I think it was a wise move to road-test the "bigger" songs beforehand to be sure they were going to achieve the desired effect. Granted, we were all a bit disillusioned with the studio versions after that, but that tends to happen when you've gotten used to listening to the live version for the past four months :P[/quote']

Hmmm.... now I know why people aren't as happy with those big songs as I am. Part of it I suppose would be that that's just not their style but I guess another part would be that: you were all so used to the live versions, and you weren't the most pleased with the studio versions. I heard the studio versions first when I first heard the album so it didn't really affect me much. Even though I may have been a Coldplay fan since Viva la Vida (the song), I was just an only casual fan. That song just took me over and that was the one song I truly loved. Eventually of course it kind of died over time and my fandom of Coldplay kind of faded over the MX and GS eras but honestly I was just a casual fan at that time. I wasn't no diehard fan until late August of this year TBH. In fact, I got so swept up in Viva that I honestly didn't care what the album was. I didn't follow any new Coldplay news or bother to look at any of the other Coldplay songs. That's how "casual" of a "fan" I was then lol. It wasn't until late August that I decided to look up all the Coldplay songs and began to find out just how much they work with me. Well, now you know a little of my history from reading this! :D

Just listening to the interview Coldplay did later today, and at the end when the interviewer asked Chris what he was listening to these days he said "A lot of things" then Beach House, then Flo Rida.

Everything's Not Lost quite yet, but it will be soon if Chris keeps listening to stuff like that.

MickCas, your quote's in red.

A Rush of Magic, your quote's in blue.

Nikola, your quote's in gold.

The Adversary, your quote's in green.

Coldplayink, your quote's in magenta.

jer123, your quote's in orange.

ColdplayingfromKansas, your quote's in dark purple.

Well I personally think they'll be connected in some way because for one, they're releasing AHFOD a year and a half after GS (I think that's partially due to them not touring a lot though). Not only that, but also they say that GS will be the night to AHFOD's day. I think that could be hinting towards them being listenable by themselves but they work best if connected, which would be interesting seeing the change from the one to the other. But I see how it could work. :P

oh what??? there was an interview?? I miss everything... can someone make me a calender of all the Coldplay events coming up so I won't miss any??:D

I guess that explains it... that'd make sense as well, it's great to see the band still releasing news on the album:D

I think it was just the media blowing Chris' statement out of proportion when he compared AHFOD to the Harry Potter books. This album is almost guaranteed to be the end of an era though. They won't split for a long time yet but I can tell you this isn't the last thing they're doing forever. This is going to be the last of an era. Around 5 years I predict before another album comes.

However, there is a slim chance this is their last thing ever. Which would be really, really devastating.

I think your statements are going to prove true though. This is definetely the last thing they'll be doing for a while.

We don't know for sure yet, they could have a surprise for us... there have already been surprises that have came along with this album, so it still remains a possibility. It's not like you've heard the entire album already and know for a fact that Noel isn't going to speak once on a track. Everything's Not Lost. :D :thumbsup:

If that really does happen (which, come on, come on, come ON please make it happen Coldplay, that would be a WONDERFUL idea) then that would mean that these 7 albums could be listened to as one immensely long playlist. I need to try that sometime, and see if they actually do flow together. That would be super cool if it did. :D :thumbsup:

WHAT?? Where are you people getting all the information!! I am missing everything!!

WHEN??? PLZ TELL ME!!

Not that I want to hear them, because I think it'd be best if I heard most of the album in the context it's supposed to be in before I hear any live performances, and only hear a couple songs (in this case AD and AOAL) outside of the album before it's released. I'm fine if I hear a couple songs that I heard first outside of the album but it... just takes the magic away from the album itself if I hear too many songs outside of the album before hearing it on the album. I think I may try to play it smart and let the first time I hear it be on the album itself to give it the most effect (because in my opinion the first time you hear the song it's the strongest and most surprising), and if it's on the album that's when it's maximum effect will be on you. So I'll try not to let myself listen to them but you can guarantee my temptations will take over :D

Hmmm.... now I know why people aren't as happy with those big songs as I am. Part of it I suppose would be that that's just not their style but I guess another part would be that: you were all so used to the live versions, and you weren't the most pleased with the studio versions. I heard the studio versions first when I first heard the album so it didn't really affect me much. Even though I may have been a Coldplay fan since Viva la Vida (the song), I was just an only casual fan. That song just took me over and that was the one song I truly loved. Eventually of course it kind of died over time and my fandom of Coldplay kind of faded over the MX and GS eras but honestly I was just a casual fan at that time. I wasn't no diehard fan until late August of this year TBH. In fact, I got so swept up in Viva that I honestly didn't care what the album was. I didn't follow any new Coldplay news or bother to look at any of the other Coldplay songs. That's how "casual" of a "fan" I was then lol. It wasn't until late August that I decided to look up all the Coldplay songs and began to find out just how much they work with me. Well, now you know a little of my history from reading this! :D

Coldplay have a 1hr slot at a tidal gig.It will be on Friday 8:30 Pacific Time, there is going to be 8 old songs and 4 AHFOD songs being played.It was from KROQ's interview with Chris yesterday.We can watch the live stream :)