LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying... so... hard... to resist...

It doesn't help that I just downloaded the song and now it's right in front of me, practically begging to be listened to.

You went as far as downloading it you might as well listen to the thing

I listened to it once and thought it was great. I already forget what it sounded like, but I remember loving the piano. That will be the only time I listen to it before the album though. At this point I have only heard the studio versions of AOAL and Everglow, and the live version of Amazing Day. That leaves 10 songs left that will be completely new to me. Now I just have to make it one more week!

I haven't even heard Everglow! XD

I spoiled albums before, I won't spoil this one. Especially not since I pre-ordered it.

Discussing the new songs as they come out and hearing everyone's opinions is a big part of what makes the build up to a new album release so exciting to me. I don't think I would be able to come on here without listening to them because I would not feel as involved. I have always been of the mind set that if the band decided it is time to hear it then I'll give it a listen.

I have much respect though for anyone who wants to go into an album having heard nothing. That would be an amazing experience as well.

Discussing the new songs as they come out and hearing everyone's opinions is a big part of what makes the build up to a new album release so exciting to me. I don't think I would be able to come on here without listening to them because I would not feel as involved. I have always been of the mind set that if the band decided it is time to hear it then I'll give it a listen.

I have much respect though for anyone who wants to go into an album having heard nothing. That would be an amazing experience as well.

The former is usually my thought process. But I decided to do something different this time around. I listened to Everglow once and hopefully won't again until the release lol.

I haven't even heard Everglow! XD

I spoiled albums before, I won't spoil this one. Especially not since I pre-ordered it.

Honestly with it only a week away, don't! I have done fairly well so far, although I broke earlier with listening to Everglow once. Also, I downloaded the Tidal performance to watch some of it (mainly Amazing Day) and I watched the first song with no volume lol. I was so tempted to just turn it up for a few seconds but I didn't! It looked like a fun song and it was cool to imagine what it sounds like. The performance of Amazing Day was great though.

Okay I just gave in. :sad:

EDIT: Wow, that turned out a lot better than what I was expecting with the snippet. It's not amazing on first listen, but I like the simplicity of it. Someone on /r/Coldplay said earlier this is genuine Coldplay and I totally agree.

This album just keeps getting better and better for me.

Honestly with it only a week away, don't! I have done fairly well so far, although I broke earlier with listening to Everglow once. Also, I downloaded the Tidal performance to watch some of it (mainly Amazing Day) and I watched the first song with no volume lol. I was so tempted to just turn it up for a few seconds but I didn't! It looked like a fun song and it was cool to imagine what it sounds like. The performance of Amazing Day was great though.

Indeed. So far, Amazing Day is the only song I truly love from this period.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Although I pre-ordered AHFOD on iTunes, it is asking me to pay again for Everglow... Does anybody knows a way around this?

How much did you initially pay? I think iTunes makes you pay the extra price to the initial price as soon as new content is released to sum up to the original/intended price. I'm not sure though, you could check.